This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback & Bugs, v1.3.15

This thread collects input, observations, and reports of minor bugs, for version 1.3.15.

If you have found a "big bug" it might deserve it's own thread in the Bug Reports channel.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

The font positioning of Gornathan's name is too low, such that it obstructs one's view of him.

Screenshots of this in comparison to other NPCs:
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Gornathan image does not appear in the window when selecting him for buying/selling weapons and armor.

UPDATE:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eternium_2018-10-16-12-10-12.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	116276

Phone is galaxy s8
      Last edited by lama75; 10-16-2018, 04:12 PM.
      CL 2K+
      Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
      TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post
        Gornathan image does not appear in the window when selecting him for buying/selling weapons and armor.
        It does for me:

Name:	Screenshot_20181016-120752_Eternium.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	116274
        ~
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
          It does for me:
          I exited the Hometown and went back to the hero selection screen, changed to my mage and upon returning to the Hometown and selecting Gornathan, the image was there.

Returned to the BH hero and the problem was fixed there as well.

Best guess is I needed to return to the main menu so the update could take effect. Regardless, this issue has resolved itself.
          CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Scartree Hold, still:

Name:	Eternium_2018-10-16-12-49-27.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	116285

CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Training Grounds, still :

Name:	Eternium_2018-10-16-12-55-44.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	116287

The buttons in lower right covering the character button.
              CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

When the update v15 first starts, there are a lot of files that need to download and install.

Try starting a story mode level, and allow ALL of them to finish. (Instead of having that occur in the background.)

Then you should be ready to "assess" this version.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

These seem like low-hanging fruit in the bug world. Yet here they still are, all these weeks later.

Not sure what to make of that, other than still having these sorts of bugs unaddressed doesn't fill me with confidence about the bigger ones.
                  CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

When the update v15 first starts, there are a lot of files that need to download and install.

Try starting a story mode level, and allow ALL of them to finish. (Instead of having that occur in the background.)

Then you should be ready to "assess" this version.
                    So you aren't seeing those issues with Scartree Hold and TG?
                    CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

This happens intermittently for me, more often whenever the game is running more sluggish. So seems to be a potential loading issue.

Edit: for all the npcs, not just Gornathan
                      Last edited by Nhat; 10-16-2018, 05:41 PM.
                      Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Camera position have been fixed, thanks.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-17-03-45-58.png Views:	1 Size:	256.8 KB ID:	116299

Getting access to the quests for existing heroes is nice, since I felt missed out previously. Again, thanks - others might not like the forced story play, but it's only a few maps.

Training ground Gear button still blocked, so it's "keep trying for .... until you press it", "run away until mob reset and use portal" or "force close the game"! This is very annoying, and I honestly cannot see how it wasn't picked up during development... Please fix asap...

The text seems to follow device's text scaling, which mean for some it'll be too big, others too small. The "0" bug still happen on and off, after pressing Reset.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-17-04-06-49.png Views:	1 Size:	262.8 KB ID:	116300

Still can't sell while making Jewelry directly. At least there's the other vendor nearby that can...
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-17-03-47-11.png Views:	1 Size:	268.8 KB ID:	116301

Should also allow Stash access for Crafting...
                        Last edited by Nhat; 10-16-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

So you aren't seeing those issues with Scartree Hold and TG?
                          No, that's not what I meant. I haven't looked in ScarTree Hold yet. I assume it is as you posted. Ditto for what Nhat posted.

I was referring to sometimes X happens (or is / is-not displayed). Just trying to ensure the entire update has loaded, before we make snap judgements.

Now, referring to lama75 and Nhat posts,
                          • There are still bugs in 15, which many of us already pointed out, and they have frustratingly not been fixed nor commented on. There were about 7 weeks between 13 and 15 !!
                          • Prior to that, various bugs we're not fixed, which we here in this forum kindly documented and reported
                          • Prior to that, the home-town / act IV was in "alpha" release for a LONG time ... and yet it was released riddled with bugs.
                          Clearly, something is wrong. There is little QC and little follow-up. And what little follow-up occurs, is extremely slow.

I am a big fan of this game, so I do not lightly or cavalierly make this "criticism". The situation is dire, and the future of the game seems to be at stake.
                          Last edited by Coda; 10-16-2018, 06:51 PM.
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Clearly, something is wrong. There is little QC and little follow-up. And what little follow-up occurs, is extremely slow.

I am a big fan of this game, so I do not lightly or cavalierly make this "criticism". The situation is dire, and the future of the game seems to be at stake.
                            I share your frustration at this point.

I've taken a more relaxed stance for a variety of reasons. But at this point it is disheartening to see these bugs still in beta. I'd love to be disabused of them, but I can only come up with unflattering reasons these bugs would still be open with so much time to solve them.
                            CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

I'm starting to feel that there's a lack of proper source versioning control - I think someone commented that the mobs DoT was "like that before", and there was that issue with the gemstone stat comparison disappearing and repeated Android book drop bug. Work for Hometown probably started a long time ago, finally finished off now, and have been spending most of the time trying to merge the changes back to the latest code base - which isn't going so well. Travis also mentioned that Hometown version doesn't have the code needed to support ANB, which again, indicate another merging issue...

I can appreciate how tough it is to merge previous work, especially when it's a large feature, and also the time required for refactoring, cleaning up and finally doing some proper tests - but please consider at least letting us know that you're encountering issues. It'll help everyone, players can sympathize and appreciate the fact that you're working hard (I'm not saying that you're not already, it's just that we don't know...) and you also have your chance to rant and get it off your chests, you'll feel better afterwards too.

The silence doesn't help anybody...

Comment

Working...
                              X