Make bonuses respect diminishing returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make bonuses respect diminishing returns

Game engine has trouble keeping up when attack speed exceed 10attacks per second. That was partially the reason for the change to haste from attack speed as an attribute so that a diminishing return curve can be enforced. However certain skills, minion auras act as multipliers; thus, sidestepping the diminishing return constraints.

Suggestion:
    All attack speed bonuses gets converted a % bonus to the haste rating a player has.

Skill synergy 8% attack speed gets replaced with 100/200 flat haste at the 180.

AL attack speed bonus = 50% bonus to haste rating

Frenzy attack speed bonus = 35% bonus to haste rating

Archer minion aura = 10% bonus to haste rating.

Similarly other minion auras basically acts as 10% bonus to their respective base rating be it AR, Armor or Vit etc

This way you will never exceed the game engine limits no matter how ppl build their chars. This also makes the game properly respect the diminishing returns.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

How about this - make AS = 1 + 3*(Haste/(Haste+1000) instead of AS = 1 + 6*(Haste/(Haste+1000). Do similar scaling for monster skills and attacks. Now we can fight peak trials without requiring a +15 DEX modifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
      How about this - make AS = 1 + 3*(Haste/(Haste+1000) instead of AS = 1 + 6*(Haste/(Haste+1000). Do similar scaling for monster skills and attacks. Now we can fight peak trials without requiring a +15 DEX modifier.
      I would personally like to see that happen as spastic attacks seem unnatural anyway. I recall Led's video where his mage attacks so fast that his fireballs is literally a laser beam. Plus a big benefit of a general slow down of everything will be a more leisurely pace of play. That is a huge plus for mobile crowd, and make nimble fingers of a 10yr old no longer a requirement for top LB (or PC). I still think all the bonuses should be converted to % bonus to the stat as opposed to a multiplier. So combine both your suggestion and mine for a more moderately paced game where tactical maneuvers can have a place again.
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
      X