X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE is Awesome BUT New UI IS Horrible

to keep it short....

new world UPDATE is awesome

BUT #1 ...the new UI is horrible whats up with all the clicking (or tapping) I have to go though to empty the bags regardless of how much bag space surely I shouldn't have to go back to town and well sell stuff if this was real life I would understand but this is game so not really understanding why I have to sell stuff in the home city.. the new UI needs some serious polishing asap as it makes you not want to play SERIOULSY counter-intuitive

counter-intuitive menu layouts kill games, it all so kills game play ....so get it sorted

BUT #2 probably not where to post this but noticed very little gems drop and on the last level of act four (possibly none ??? more below) but the number of gems in my bag stayed the same switched to another toon and similar pattern on the last level of act 4 ( how do I know this I ran the last act of act 4 with a 200% booster on with about 20mins left.... I had 5/6 colors in my bag with a gap not one gem of the missing color dropped thought it was maybe me so did few more runs and this was with and with out boostera running)

now having said that ...... I ran the last run on last level of act 4 with no boosters and got no gems x3...... ran some legendary lower acts a dungon run and got 4 gems total.... off to play again and will properly take notes this time but i have a feeling gems are not dropping right or the boosters are not bosting the drop rates

anywyas ill make a proper report int he bug section later after some more gameplay but this UI is seriouly killing the game play sonot sure how long it will take and i havnt even tried to take on trials yet and Im readung some issues in those

Cheers
    Edit 1
    all so just noticed DAILYs Quests are not given out buy the quest giver..... just noticed on the side menu of the bag UI windoow like before??
    Last edited by Lunaran; 11-10-2018, 11:56 AM. Reason: additional game play notes

Originally posted by Lunaran View Post
    all so just noticed DAILYs Quests are not given out buy the quest giver..... just noticed on the side menu of the bag UI windoow like before??
    Meant to be this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot View Post
      Meant to be this way.
      oh so then why was the quest giver added ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaran View Post

oh so then why was the quest giver added ? lol
        Story quests, I guess. Nothing was yet confirmed by devs, wait for this one. But these are DAILY quests, not STORY. Got it?
        I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
        Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Elite healers are broken in trials... jesus...

Comment

agreed on the UI, seems like a step backward IMO. My advice ditch the town and go back to the old UI.
            Only good thing is the extra inventory space so far.
            Currently playing hundred soul...

Comment

Am I the only one who's okay with the home town and actually appreciates the time (and money - going back would be nice of a "bankrupt") devs invested into this? Inventory space was increased, thus you (on 99.9) % won't need to go home through portal mid-level, why would you?

As far as I know, it should also be a place where you'll be able to meet other players (propably in the same guild? Just my theory). I'm not sure about this, since things might have changed, but it was confirmed before.
              I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
              Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by BENJAMIN KIM View Post
                Yes, they are
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Love the update too, but please for the love of Jesus re-enable selling on the fly. Then the drop option has no use.

Far better solution.

Comment

I liked the game because I could tap what map I wanted to go to and book it loaded up. Now I have to run a circle in my new home then run to the exit to start another map. I can no longer sell on maps meaning the extra inventory space is useless if my bag still gets full and I have to drop stuff then pick up stuff, decide what I want to keep and repeat.. if I wanted to play an mmo style game I would have picked one.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
                      Am I the only one who's okay with the home town and actually appreciates the time (and money - going back would be nice of a "bankrupt") devs invested into this? Inventory space was increased, thus you (on 99.9) % won't need to go home through portal mid-level, why would you?

As far as I know, it should also be a place where you'll be able to meet other players (propably in the same guild? Just my theory). I'm not sure about this, since things might have changed, but it was confirmed before.
                      As noted in my other post, I think most/some/whatever players (myself included) have been kinda "spoilt" by the previous "let you do everything whenever you want" UI.

If you're a new player, with limitted space, you might need to use the portal for the longer maps - been test running a new profile, don't have Gems to unlock inventory rows.

I've gotten used to the change by now, but it can be a big change for some. And also, not many are thinking that far ahead - multiple is still off in the distant future, as far as I am aware.

When the new quest system comes in, it should give Hometown more of a "being used" feel.
                      Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Am I the only one who's okay with the home town and actually appreciates the time (and money - going back would be nice of a "bankrupt") devs invested into this?
                        No, you're not. But it's human nature that those who don't like something will speak the loudest and with the most presumed "authority".

Almost all the current complaints were already voiced during the beta process. There is a long term plan in place. The most important thing to me is the game play and that is largely unchanged, bugs not withstanding. People need to accept that the Hometown is here to stay. Whining about it might be cathartic, but that's all it will be

The process has been frustrating for many of us, devs included, i think it's fair to say. But they had a plan and while it hasn't gone as smoothly as they wanted they are working it and issues are getting resolved. The main thing is we're moving forward.
                        CL 2K+
                        Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                        TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by BENJAMIN KIM View Post
                          Yes. Also, do Summoners seem to you summon faster than 1.2? I know that in Beta they were out of control and speed was dialed back some for main release. But I immediately noticed them summoning much faster than they did in 1.2
                          Mobile only player
                          Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44

Comment

Story quests, I guess. Nothing was yet confirmed by devs, wait for this one. But these are DAILY quests, not STORY. Got it?
                            so let me explain got it?

1. in just about every game since time began a quest giver gives quest why wasn't the daily's and story rolled up into the quest giver got It?
                            (since going by the semi soft story quest intro its essentially the same as a daily quest just shorter and looks to reward better sholdnt have to mention it at all really)

2 just making sure you got it?

Comment

I don t have an issue with the home town like it A LOT and it has potential especially with the highlighted future expansion plans ...........just the UI all that clicking/tapping just to get things done and like I posted counter-intuitive menu layouts kill games, it all so kills game play

As for going back to the town to sell stuff that's actually interrupting the flow of play and with the number of clicks you have to get though its distracting ....whats it going to be like when you have multiple players all having to go home and empty bags all the time its going to slow players down regardless of bag size having to like portal home slows the game play so eventually what happnes is people get frustrated lesser geared and higher geared dont mix and thus kills game play

over all the home town is good just needs a little refurbishment and maybe less of the cliking/tapping though menus to get things done

Comment

Working...
                              X