X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How change companion in the new UI ?

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post

No, you're not. But it's human nature that those who don't like something will speak the loudest and with the most presumed "authority".

Almost all the current complaints were already voiced during the beta process. There is a long term plan in place. The most important thing to me is the game play and that is largely unchanged, bugs not withstanding. People need to accept that the Hometown is here to stay. Whining about it might be cathartic, but that's all it will be

The process has been frustrating for many of us, devs included, i think it's fair to say. But they had a plan and while it hasn't gone as smoothly as they wanted they are working it and issues are getting resolved. The main thing is we're moving forward.
      not sure where to start on this .... first they need to up the testing process if what was discussed in the beta is happening outside of the beta are the same issues seriously flawed testing then, and the bugs no surprises since if what your saying is accurate what was mentioned in beta testing is the same now

since the devs havnt fronted or any community managers fronted so far on the UI matters or at least explained whats going on ill assume you dont konw then what went smoothly or didnt but from my perspective its went well except for 2 major flaws the UI and trials ? maybe your authority will let me know

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
        Am I the only one who's okay with the home town and actually appreciates the time (and money - going back would be nice of a "bankrupt") devs invested into this? Inventory space was increased, thus you (on 99.9) % won't need to go home through portal mid-level, why would you?

As far as I know, it should also be a place where you'll be able to meet other players (propably in the same guild? Just my theory). I'm not sure about this, since things might have changed, but it was confirmed before.
        For the moment, the village add nothing to the game, and people are mainly piss to have lost their autonomy with the gear in game. Like you said, the village might become interesting when there'll be guild or preparation for raid.

Comment

Originally posted by ChacalZ View Post
          How change companion in the new UI ?
          Go to the Inn. Behind Alice, i think. Next to the mailbox.
          CL 2K+
          Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
          TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaran View Post

since the devs havnt fronted or any community managers fronted so far on the UI matters or at least explained whats going on ill assume you dont konw then what went smoothly or didnt but from my perspective its went well except for 2 major flaws the UI and trials ? maybe your authority will let me know
            Adrian did come forward to explain the basic gist of the changes. I can't recall the thread at this point, but the earlier poster was correct in stating it had to do with future PvP/Coop game play. There are also changes to the crafting systems for both jewelry and gear in the development queue that supposedly will deal with the extra button fiddling created for those exercises.
            CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Adrian did come forward to explain the basic gist of the changes. I can't recall the thread at this point, but the earlier poster was correct in stating it had to do with future PvP/Coop game play. There are also changes to the crafting systems for both jewelry and gear in the development queue that supposedly will deal with the extra button fiddling created for those exercises.
              yes i read that too somewhere OVERALL the update gets a thumbs up but they really need to fic the ui ..... I don't really see it getting a change even a minor tweak any time soon so will have to deal with it or go play another game ......but I've played 12 hours or so now on 4 different toons and the extra tapping aka clicking isnt making it easier to play but like all things annoying they can be tolerated

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaran View Post
                but I've played 12 hours or so now on 4 different toons and the extra tapping aka clicking isnt making it easier to play but like all things annoying they can be tolerated
                I know ideas have been offered that might clean some of that up. Myself and others have made those suggestions. No way to know if they'll implement any of them. I know I won't be betting on it.

My perspective is I play for the game play. That's the story mode and trials and those are basically the same as they ever were. The rest is noise, for me. I don't have to grind jewelry right now, but if I did, I'd grit my teeth and get it done. I'm just one of the ones that can tolerate it.

Not everyone will though. Which is a shame imo, since, as I said, the basic game is unchanged. Arguably better, really, now that Act4 is in place.
                CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

The UI was one of the things I liked the most about this game. Now it takes me 3x as many clicks to do anything. I understand they are going somewhere, but this is the best they could come up with? Very disappointed. Combined with the lack of attention paid to story mode and the broken economy this just might push me to give up this game.

PS - the fact that the game crashes the first time I try each new area doesn't help.
                  Last edited by BAgate; 11-11-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I know ideas have been offered that might clean some of that up. Myself and others have made those suggestions. No way to know if they'll implement any of them. I know I won't be betting on it.

My perspective is I play for the game play. That's the story mode and trials and those are basically the same as they ever were. The rest is noise, for me. I don't have to grind jewelry right now, but if I did, I'd grit my teeth and get it done. I'm just one of the ones that can tolerate it.

Not everyone will though. Which is a shame imo, since, as I said, the basic game is unchanged. Arguably better, really, now that Act4 is in place.
                    yea I have to look into crafting cause my toons are at the point where I need to look at setting up the right gear but I've been concentrating on adding champion levels but im having issues with killing 70 and above trials and after reading all your guides I gave up after a fashion but ypur right about the game play all so we will see

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                      The UI was one of the things I liked the most about this game. Now it takes me 3x as many clicks to do anything. I understand they are going somewhere, but this is the best they could come up with? Very disappointed. Combined with the lack of attention paid to story mode and the broken economy this just might push me to give up this game.

PS - the fact that the game crashes the first time I try each new area doesn't help.
                      mine doesn't crash so crossed fingers on hat but I understand about the clicking

Comment

Working...
                      X