New player oriented tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New player oriented tweaks

I am a new player, and feel like I will never reach top. ANB events only rises gaps between veterans and newbs. It would be better if CL (Exp curve) will be adjusted like every month. So that earlier CL levels achieved even more faster every time.

I believe that developers should focus on new players. New players are essential for growth of the game.

Actually you are incorrect about ANB. The exact opposite happens. People with high level CL 2000+ you gain very little CL points from an ANB event. Wheres people with low CL points gain alot.

Example, I was 900CL before my first ANB event. After the event, my CL points jumped to 1200. I've done 3 ANB events and now my CL points are at 1980.
    BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

Players over 2k CL only gain about 20CL in an ANB event. As bounty stated, players below that can gain hundreds of CL from a single ANB event.
      CL 2K+
      Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
      TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Technically, the amount of XP earned from the event are still relatively the same (given the same amount of game play, etc.) - it's because higher Champion Level requires more XP, and thus there's an "upper limit" of around 2100 where it needs A LOT for the next level. So everybody eventually will be bunched up at that upper limit eventually, provided that you continue playing the game to get to that point.

While I appreciate the feedback for new players, there should also be a consideration for existing/long term players, as posted previously. It can be very annoying for players who have spent months of game time to get to where they are now and then only to find that new players can get to the same place with only one week's worth of game time. So you end up with a continual rotation of old players leaving and new players coming, not sure if that's any good for the game... I think I used the current banking/utilities market as a comparison in previous discussions about this: incentives for new customers, nothing for existing customers...
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
          Technically, the amount of XP earned from the event are still relatively the same (given the same amount of game play, etc.) - it's because higher Champion Level requires more XP, and thus there's an "upper limit" of around 2100 where it needs A LOT for the next level. So everybody eventually will be bunched up at that upper limit eventually, provided that you continue playing the game to get to that point.

While I appreciate the feedback for new players, there should also be a consideration for existing/long term players, as posted previously. It can be very annoying for players who have spent months of game time to get to where they are now and then only to find that new players can get to the same place with only one week's worth of game time. So you end up with a continual rotation of old players leaving and new players coming, not sure if that's any good for the game... I think I used the current banking/utilities market as a comparison in previous discussions about this: incentives for new customers, nothing for existing customers...
          In ANBs specifically, I think the lower CL gain for veterans "evens out" with the better foreknowledge of how to play the event efficiently to an easy T80 Celestial and/or top100 finish.

Outside of ANBs, I fully agree with you (as I've also conveyed elsewhere, clamoring for some form of enticement or appeal to make it desirable for a veteran player to keep fighting peak trials).

Comment

Above 2100, from an ANB event you can earn about 10 CLs. Last event I played a decent amount and only got 9. Playing for weeks and weeks since then, mostly just running Act IV for stars, getting daily quests & some gemstones mining, I have earned something like 0.1 to 0.2 CLs in that whole time.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
              Above 2100, from an ANB event you can earn about 10 CLs.
              I have to disagree. Saying what the potential is, should definitely not be limited to 10. This may have been your experience, but what CL did you actually get to? 1800?
              Those that have gotten to 2100 during the event for sure get more than 10 (if they were 2100 before, I assume ~2040 afterwards).
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                I have to disagree. Saying what the potential is, should definitely not be limited to 10. This may have been your experience, but what CL did you actually get to? 1800?
                Those that have gotten to 2100 during the event for sure get more than 10 (if they were 2100 before, I assume ~2040 afterwards).
                Huh? 2100 before and then 2040 after?

I have been >2100 for a while. The last TWO events I got ABOUT ten CLs. The prior one, I don't recall, maybe 12. The more recent one, I do remember, I got 9.

If I were to play a LOT more or a LOT less during the event, the above numbers would be different. But I played "enough" to achieve top-10 so that's quite a bit.

When a player arrives at CL 2100, the additional CLs come very slowly. For clarity, I mean VERY SSLLOOWWLLYY.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

Huh? 2100 before and then 2040 after?

I have been >2100 for a while. The last TWO events I got ABOUT ten CLs. The prior one, I don't recall, maybe 12. The more recent one, I do remember, I got 9.

If I were to play a LOT more or a LOT less during the event, the above numbers would be different. But I played "enough" to achieve top-10 so that's quite a bit.

When a player arrives at CL 2100, the additional CLs come very slowly. For clarity, I mean VERY SSLLOOWWLLYY.

I meant 2140, not 2040, so just a typo. (referring to my example, 2100 CL XP +2100 CL XP= 2140 CL)

top 10 =/= lots of CL. I got top 10 warrior with maybe 1700 CL?

That's why I asked how many CL you earned in the event. I guessed around 1800 to gain 10 CL after 2100.
                  Ps. I know CLs are slow, I am at 2096.
                  ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                  ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                  Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Thank you all for replies. Now I understand that CL is very hard to get in higher levels. However, I still hope for incentives for new players. Maybe events or Items for bonus exp for CL<1000? Because I cannot afford to buy 200% exp boosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Yerasyl Amanbek View Post
                      Thank you all for replies. Now I understand that CL is very hard to get in higher levels. However, I still hope for incentives for new players. Maybe events or Items for bonus exp for CL<1000? Because I cannot afford to buy 200% exp boosters.
                      They do run the war supplies event somewhat regularly, which gives a small boost to XP. Below 1000CL with decent XP gear you can climb pretty quickly with during the event.
                      CL 2K+
                      Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                      TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Yerasyl Amanbek View Post
                        I would think that the novelty of the game would be incentive enough to play, if this kind of game is your thing. IMHO, more advanced players are more in need of incentives to stick around, because the content is not so interesting anymore.
                        DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

Working...
                        X