Gem Price Scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gem Price Scaling

The amount of gems it takes to unlock something scales ridiculously.
    I'm going to use inventory space as an example. To buy the first inventory upgrade it costs 75 gems, with the 30 gems you get from syncing an account you can get the next 45 from the and crates which are very common. The next upgrade is 200 gems, which is still pretty realistic with the rarity of ad crates. After that the next upgrade is 800 gems. Are you kidding me? 200 to 800? And from the looks of things that's not even the last upgrade.
    That's an absurd jump.

I get that you guys need to make more money (no, I really do, at least 2 units on my college course covers business life, including structured analysis etc), but is a price jump as big as that REALLY necessary?
    Another example is the ability upgrade slots, the first upgrade is 400 and the next is 900, and the Companion slots are 500.

In my opinion, these can be scaled down a bit, not an unrealistic amount (at least, I don't think it's unrealistic), instead of it going from 200 to 800 gems in inventory upgrades, it should go up 200 every time, so the next upgrade would be 400, then 600. For the ability upgrade slots it should start at 200 and the next one could be 500 seeing as it's the last upgrade.

Yes it may seem like a lot at first to open everything up and I have read in the forums to use your gems wisely...But once you start to unlock more stuff it is a very rewarding feeling. It does take a bit, but so does getting past that trial you have been stuck on for a week or two...just my thoughts Happy Grinding!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramdango View Post
      Yes it may seem like a lot at first to open everything up and I have read in the forums to use your gems wisely...But once you start to unlock more stuff it is a very rewarding feeling. It does take a bit, but so does getting past that trial you have been stuck on for a week or two...just my thoughts Happy Grinding!
      Getting past a difficult level and grinding 800-1000 gems are two very different tasks. It being rewarding doesn't require a price jump as big as that, grinding 500 gems is just as rewarding as grinding 900, it gets to a point where it really does just seem like it's trying to get you to pay money, which they could still do if they lowered the price jump.

Comment

(In my opinion) The final few rows of the inventory can be considered "luxury items" - you can play the game perfectly fine without them - and if you really wants them, that's 8 days with Daily Quests: 5 Heroes => 5 Daily Quests giving 20 Gems each => 100 Gems per day (ignoring all other sources for them: calendar, ads, story completion, drops)

Spend wisely and take your time, focusing on what you really need "now": abilities, companions, 1 or 2 inventory rows, and get the rest of the hero slots open for Daily Quests. Leave the expensive rows and reforging until those are done.

From an old post, I think it took me 3-4 months to fully unlock all 5 heroes, this was before ANB came in...
        Originally posted by Nhat
        Probably not "ideal", this is what I did - played casually, so had enough gems, via daily calendar/quests/30 days gems (just 1 purchase), by the time I reached the level requirements:
        1. Unlocked 2nd utility and passive, when I got a 2nd Ability for them.
        2. Unlocked companions when I got them - role playing wise, didn't want to leave anyone behind.
        3. +1 row for inventory
        4. +1 stash page

Start new char, repeat - except the stash.

Once I got all 5 going, I opened the 3rd Ability when they reached the level requirements and add inventory and stash as required...
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
          (In my opinion) The final few rows of the inventory can be considered "luxury items" - you can play the game perfectly fine without them - and if you really wants them, that's 8 days with Daily Quests: 5 Heroes => 5 Daily Quests giving 20 Gems each => 100 Gems per day (ignoring all other sources for them: calendar, ads, story completion, drops)

Spend wisely and take your time, focusing on what you really need "now": abilities, companions, 1 or 2 inventory rows, and get the rest of the hero slots open for Daily Quests. Leave the expensive rows and reforging until those are done.

From an old post, I think it took me 3-4 months to fully unlock all 5 heroes, this was before ANB came in...
          Two problems with your suggestions on having more heroes. First problem, having to use 5 heroes in order to unlock inventory space for one hero is already a problem. Second, that's a counter-productive suggestion. You only start off with 2 hero slots, and each extra slot costs 100 gems (I don't know if that price increases). So you're suggesting that I spend 300 gems to earn 800 gems.

Another problem with your suggestions is where you factored in items that cost 75-200 gems, which are the items I said are realistically priced, so that doesn't work for your argument.

Comment

I think having called them "luxury items" kinda meant I agree with you about the high price

The rest is more of a suggestion to help reduce the "they're too expensive, when on earth can I get them" frustration, meaning, "there is a way, but you need to wait for a while and keep working at it". And, to add to your frustration about the price, 3rd hero slot is 100, 4th is 500 and 5th is 1000 - so yeah, it'll take a while...
            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Buying slots is the best investment. The sooner you buy them, the sooner you earn +20 gems/day.
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

The +100 gems/day for a month pack for USD4 helps a lot. It is a small fee for the amount of gems you get in total.

However, I do agree that some of the gem requirements such as unlocking the 3rd ability/skill upgrade slot (900 gems) are high. If they were slightly lower, I wouldn't mind unlocking them for my other characters.
                ​​​
                Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
                Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Working...
                X