Access to Celestial Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
    PhoenixFitz Sorry if I misinterpreted your statement “The material cost would need to be high, of course: perhaps a certain number of legendary level 70 set items plus a certain number of gems.” Gems can be purchased. Allowing any monetized factor in obtaining a celestial would be p2w imo. I agree there should be other ways for people to earn celestials that are achievement based.
    No problem. Sorry for the short retort earlier!

Ps: Is that the D2 Paladin in your avatar?
    DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

No celestials for casual play. Period.
      trial 80 is easy and does not take an extreme amount of effort.

BH can literally manage it in hours of play. Especially if you make any prep prior by saving gems.
      If it was your only goal topping out a couple abilities and few gemstones packs with 1-3 200% xp boosters. Done.

You could have enough gemstones to enhance your damage and just push like crazy.

Mage should be alright, their ability to farm exp from mobs makes growing pretty easy in some down time on breaks, before bed etc.

To grant the top item that is currently to primary reward for performance and dedication in any other way destroys it's value completely.

When seasonal rewards and that new crafting system get pushed out we might see something's that might be worth it.
      I'd love to see something similar that could be crafted where what you put into it determines the stat and set bonuses.
      More you feed in the higher the lowest roll becomes with it costing more and more as you go up.
      Special items required to add a fifth stat.

Hopefully we will see something really good when that all gets done. Having a detailed crafting system opens up the addition of special ingredients to the mix.

But it's just not hard to hit 80 even with minimal play and effort.
      Most of those I saw who failed I saw comments like not being able beat Kara.
      I just wonder then why they didn't beat 78 fast enough to unlock 81? If you had 4 days trying 80 time spent on farming xp instead of dying would do that easy.
      Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

BH can literally manage it in hours of play. Especially if you make any prep prior by saving gems.
        If it was your only goal topping out a couple abilities and few gemstones packs with 1-3 200% xp boosters. Done.

You could have enough gemstones to enhance your damage and just push like crazy.

Mage should be alright, their ability to farm exp from mobs makes growing pretty easy in some down time on breaks, before bed etc.

To grant the top item that is currently to primary reward for performance and dedication in any other way destroys it's value completely.

When seasonal rewards and that new crafting system get pushed out we might see something's that might be worth it.
        I'd love to see something similar that could be crafted where what you put into it determines the stat and set bonuses.
        More you feed in the higher the lowest roll becomes with it costing more and more as you go up.

Hopefully we will see something really good when that all gets done. Having a detailed crafting system opens up the addition of special ingredients to the mix.

I just wonder then why they didn't beat 78 fast enough to unlock 81? If you had 4 days trying 80 time spent on farming xp instead of dying would do that easy.
        I agree 100% that no celestials should be awarded for casual play. I disagree 100% that it should only be tied to a 1 week event. Give more people choices, which would encompass more of the player base. Some do not have the luxury or the time during a specific week. Again, this is coming from someone who ranked #13 on the BH leaderboard and enjoys the events when time allows.

Comment

PhoenixFitz sure is Loved the hammerdin. Also loved the orb sorceress build. D2 forever

Comment

Cultusfit, and Zudd, allow me to remind you that I literallly hurt myself trying to reach TL80, and still failed. I'm limited by health problems in how much time and energy I can give to any activity. You don't get to tell me what's easy, and judging by how many other players didn't make it, I'm not alone.
            Last edited by PhoenixFitz; 12-12-2018, 10:42 PM.
            DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixFitz View Post
              Cultusfit, and Zudd, allow me to remind you that I literallly hurt myself trying to reach TL80, and still failed. I'm limited by health problems in how much time and energy I can give to any activity. You don't get to tell me what's easy, and judging by how many other players didn't make it, I'm not alone.
              Health problems are a different animal.
              any comment I make that are otherwise thrown out with real problems don't apply.

It's like saying people are fat because they are lazy (btw I out on 30lbs this last year by being lazy so...) Then one person has a tyroid problem.

So I apologize if it felt I was directly acting you, and for furture reference you have a pass. We might chat DM and see if we can brain storm some tactics to improve your time/ability because i would personally love on next ANB you place top 25.

Then when someone says they didn't manage trial 80 YOU could respond to them about how easy it should be for them
              Bwahahahah.

TYPICALLY though this was more directed at those with normal function, and normal time.
              We've had people with children wives and mortgages, kids, etc manage.
              You'll find 99% these post after an event turns out be a person who hasn't read the forum, isn't in discord, hasn't asked a question, is using the wrong abilities, was selling pieces of assualt set so they could get havoc set bonus mixed in etc.

Learning things comes in a process
              1. Intent
              2. Knowledge
              3. Deliberate practice
              4. Feedback.
              And they struggle up just playing same trial iver and over with no xp bonus screaming how persons are 60 trials ahead of them and they don't understand!!!!

But long story short, I apologize for implying you were in that group when there are real issues limiting you, not their lame excuses

(BTW just googled me/csf, ouch. Especially with things like garm and Kara now to add stress.
              hope you're feeling better now.
              My ex girlfriend had this. Immune system didn't like something's, after 2 years I learned she KNEW what caused it: wheat. She just refused to stop eating wheat. She also had eczema and stuff from it... Find out she could stop at any time was a blow to my brain. She CHOSE to feel bad all the time for WHEAT!?!?!)
              Last edited by Cultusfit; 12-14-2018, 07:57 AM.

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

Health problems are a different animal.
                any comment I make that are otherwise thrown out with real problems don't apply.

It's like saying people are fat because they are lazy (btw I out on 30lbs this last year by being lazy so...) Then one person has a tyroid problem.

So I apologize if it felt I was directly acting you, and for furture reference you have a pass. We might chat DM and see if we can brain storm some tactics to improve your time/ability because i would personally love on next ANB you place top 25.

(BTW just googled me/csf, ouch. Especially with things like garm and Kara now to add stress.
                hope you're feeling better now.
                My ex girlfriend had this. Immune system didn't like something's, after 2 years I learned she KNEW what caused it: wheat. She just refused to stop eating wheat. She also had eczema and stuff from it... Find out she could stop at any time was a blow to my brain. She CHOSE to feel bad all the time for WHEAT!?!?!)
                Thanks for understanding. Garm was actually quite a bit more stressful than Kara, although both are a pain.

Wow, it's hard to believe that she'd rather be sick than to give up a food. That just blows my mind. I did the Eat Right For Your Type program and subsequent offerings from Peter D'Adamo for seven years (2007-2014), and have also been not only gluten-free, but free of ALL grains. I lose weight like that -- not that I need to lose much, as I was about 170 lbs. at my heaviest (5' 11" tall) -- but the improvements in energy, pain, and stress tolerance were hard to see, if they were there at all. I'm currently off of eggs and most dairy because they are clear problems for me. There's probably not any food at all I'd not give up to get well.

I was never a high-energy type, not even since I was a teenager. Pushing myself hard at weight lifting and running hardly gave me any gains in strength, muscle mass, or endurance, but it did precipitate my first serious "crash" back in 2000. I never fully recovered after that, and life has been a series of crashes and recoveries since then. I'm over 16 months into this crash and still not well enough to go back to work even part-time. Video gaming is sort of a consolation prize for not being able to actually live. I might just go for Social Security disability, as much as I despise needing to be dependent on the government for part of my income.
                DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

While I don't have the physical limitations that Phoenix has, I am limited on the amount of time that is available to me to play. Just because some people can set aside time from their work/school/families, not all of us have that luxury. I worked my ass off, when I had the time, and really tried hard to get as far as I could. Yes, IF I had had more time, I'm pretty sure I probably could have hit T80 for my first CE. But those are pretty big ifs.

I was here on the forums. I read through both mage guides and the ANB guide (multiple times). I am always in discord and constantly asking questions and getting feedback. But I just did not have the time available to grind enough CLs to be able to get to T80, let alone beat it. Hell, as it is, I am not even to T80 outside of ANB yet. Granted, I'm getting much closer now that I know more what I'm doing (thanks to this most recent ANB).

So I firmly believe that there should be a way to get CE items outside of ANB. I also agree that they should in NO WAY be purchasable, and should be very hard to get. I like the idea of having them tied to certain accomplishments. What those would be, I have no idea. But having gone through an ANB now that I know what I'm doing, I also realize that being able to hit those goals is all about having enough time available to be able to push those TLs. And not everyone is going to have that kind of time. No matter how much notice is given ahead of time.
                  RUPA NAKI ROQU 6123

Comment

Originally posted by todd0168 View Post

While I don't have the physical limitations that Phoenix has, I am limited on the amount of time that is available to me to play. Just because some people can set aside time from their work/school/families, not all of us have that luxury. I worked my ass off, when I had the time, and really tried hard to get as far as I could. Yes, IF I had had more time, I'm pretty sure I probably could have hit T80 for my first CE. But those are pretty big ifs.

I was here on the forums. I read through both mage guides and the ANB guide (multiple times). I am always in discord and constantly asking questions and getting feedback. But I just did not have the time available to grind enough CLs to be able to get to T80, let alone beat it. Hell, as it is, I am not even to T80 outside of ANB yet. Granted, I'm getting much closer now that I know more what I'm doing (thanks to this most recent ANB).

So I firmly believe that there should be a way to get CE items outside of ANB. I also agree that they should in NO WAY be purchasable, and should be very hard to get. I like the idea of having them tied to certain accomplishments. What those would be, I have no idea. But having gone through an ANB now that I know what I'm doing, I also realize that being able to hit those goals is all about having enough time available to be able to push those TLs. And not everyone is going to have that kind of time. No matter how much notice is given ahead of time.
                    My point exactly. No matter how much knowledge you have, how expert you are on the game's mechanics, there is no way to attain celestials at a high rate when you don't have TIME in a given week. It all boils down to who can devote their lives to the game during a 1 week span....period. For most, that is very tough, especially if you want to rank high and get more celestials. Give more people more choice, but make it tough to attain, just don't tie it to TIME in a limited time event as the ONLY way to obtain celestials.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
                      Give more people more choice, but make it tough to attain, just don't tie it to TIME in a limited time event as the ONLY way to obtain celestials.
                      Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Us "slow and steady" players should have options, too.

DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

I believe that many feel unfair due to the event being limited to a certain number of days, and especially due to the fact that the ANB event was only announced right before it started, giving no time for some of us to prepare for the week (I had to work long hours on several days during the event which meant that I had lesser playing time so I had to figure out how to fully utilise my time in making sure I hit a decent champion level and trial level by the end of the event). It would be great if we were given a heads up on the estimated start of the next ANB event so we can plan ahead.
                        ​​​​​​
                        Also, it would be great if there are events with similar achievement milestones as the ones in ANBs but with a playing time countdown timer which only starts when you are logged in so everyone can compete on the same number of hours (example 20 hours of playing time in a duration of 2 weeks) so that there is more flexibility to the players who may not be able to play on certain days. Just a thought.
                        Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
                        Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Originally posted by todd0168 View Post

There has been a few time problems that have limited people to below a "minimal" play.
                          The California wild fires/loosing home would be a good example.
                          And SOME TIMES the RNG god is very very unkind.

Sounds like you are still pretty new.
                          You're gonna hit trial 80 in one or two ANB and be like OHHHHHHHH

My first (before they had celestial) I didn't manage to hit T80
                          Then when I did it was like a scales dropped from my eyes.

There is probably something small that is dragging down your rate.
                          If you check the LB in couple hours after they start there will be people readying in the 80's or really close (varies a bit by class, but on BH LB...)
                          That's why I can say for sure with MINIMAL play it is possible.
                          You have 7 days to do what people manage in a couple hours.

Just your next one you will probably have saved up gems.
                          And you will probably OVER spend them (some will complain about the waste but my opinion is now they are just for events so SPEND THEM ALLL BWAHAHAHAH)
                          But little things. Like as soon as you get your first ability spending the 3 gems (which is'nt going to cost you a booster in long run) to instantly level ability takes the level 1 mobs from 2-3 hits to one.
                          You then obviously get to level 5 much faster.
                          As soon as you hit the town you have enough for both archers. And having them both RIGHT from the start speeds you up.

Then you get your trials. And if you are pushing for that 80 with 6 months of gems saved up, you probably have enough to run 200% booster during all your available time.
                          You basically just doubled the value of your play time

Prep helps a lot
                          Last edited by Cultusfit; 12-15-2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post
                            I believe that many feel unfair due to the event being limited to a certain number of days, and especially due to the fact that the ANB event was only announced right before it started, giving no time for some of us to prepare for the week (I had to work long hours on several days during the event which meant that I had lesser playing time so I had to figure out how to fully utilise my time in making sure I hit a decent champion level and trial level by the end of the event). It would be great if we were given a heads up on the estimated start of the next ANB event so we can plan ahead.
                            ​​​​​​
                            Also, it would be great if there are events with similar achievement milestones as the ones in ANBs but with a playing time countdown timer which only starts when you are logged in so everyone can compete on the same number of hours (example 20 hours of playing time in a duration of 2 weeks) so that there is more flexibility to the players who may not be able to play on certain days. Just a thought.
                            I do have to agree on this.
                            Typically there is bit more warning. When you have some gems saved up and stuff it makes a huge difference.

Comment

Yup, with some gems saved up, it'll definitely make a difference. Unfortunately, one day before the ANB, I unlocked the inventory slot row by accident when I was fusing my rough gems. *poof* 800 gems just gone like that.
                              Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
                              Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Looks like the new crafting system with enchantments may somewhat make up for the lack of celestial item availability, but it would still be nice to have a celestial with an enchantment -- six bonuses!
                                DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

Working...
                                X