Access to Celestial Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekromant View Post

Buying celestial boxes/items, of course, will not lead to p2w, but will devalue the value of celestials. In this I agree with the developers. Although it brings me back to the idea that the existing imbalance between the platforms is a big problem that has not been solved yet.
    In no way should cboxes EVER be purchased, as mentioned numerous times in this thread. And yes, big discrepancy between platforms.

However, celestials are what makes everyone stronger and more competitive. More options to gain them, albeit very difficult options, would bring more of the player base into the competitive realm, and not just those with plenty of time during the “time sensitive” ANB events. Again, this is coming from someone who enjoys the ANB events and finished #11 on the most recent BH leaderboard.

Comment

My 2 cents...

1) Celestials are such a boost and so hard to come by that right now elite players who have won a bunch are on a different level. If there was PvP with a leaderboard they would dominate. This is a disincentive for anyone who is not at that level from competing when/if such becomes available, essentially creating a caste system.

2) If celestials are too easy to get then everyone will equip nothing but and all the work the devs did for crafting will be wasted. We are reaching that point already with some players having 10+ celestials.

This is a catch-22. First, I think adding celestials was a dumb idea in the first place since it introduced the above problems. But nothing can be done now unless you limit the number of celestials any account can have, which would create its own problems (disincentivising the most active players).

Second, I do think there need to be other ways to get celestials, but to limit the number out there an either/or situation might be in order. Some suggestions:

a) change it up a little and have an event where there is a strict time limit (active playing time), nothing carries over from main account (including gems) and nothing can be bought. Make it last 4 weeks and allow something on the order of 56 hours of playing, with maybe giving everyone some free crafting resources/gold to even out luck in drops. Pure skill challenge.

b) update the achievements and maybe add a celestial for getting to CL 1000 and another at 500 only if your account doesn't already have one (with a substitute if you do), and maybe another at 600 hrs of active play time.

c) don't let celestial orbs work on celestial items so that non-celestials might still have some value long term. Or make celestials have a time limit (they disappear 1 year after they are acquired) so no one can horde them.

d) Best idea, steal a page from diablo. Make items get worn out over time and need repair (great use for excess iron/leather/cloth) but don't allow celestials to be repaired. Then you don't have to worry as much about giving out too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post

More options to gain them, albeit very difficult options, would bring more of the player base into the competitive realm.
        My modest fantasy is only enough to suggest a possible reward for personal achievements, for example, passing a certain high trial for a certain time. Or something like that. But this also leads to the idea that the trials, easily passable on the PC, will not be as easy to pass on the mobile. But in any case, it seems to me that this should contain a competitive element.Well, what exactly will come up with the Devs, and whether they come up with it, only Devs know
        Left the game.

Comment

Working...
        X