No More Merlok Toads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No More Merlok Toads!

Now that you have added a new story mode and lots of new characters, can we PLEASE take down the Merlok Toad daily challenge and replace it with a different character from Story 4?

Getting really tired of running the same story setting over and over again. Plus, there are not enough toads to successfully complete the challenge in a single run. I often have to run the same tired old story setting two or three times to satisfy the challenge.

They seem to have given the "Merlok Toad" tag to some other mobs with the introduction of Act 4. At least you now get completion for that daily while doing Gauntlet despite no Toads actually spawning there.
    The easiest way to do your dailies is to log into each character, accept the quests and the take your fastest character (probabely a bounty hunter with 4 pieces of assault-set) for 10ish minutes into the Gauntlet (starting from 0). The killcount is tracked accountwide so all daily quests will advance at the same time and as long as you don't minimize the game you can do something eslse in the time.

Comment

Quests are supposed to be the next item on list of changes - once the team have gone through and sort out all the issues reported for the Hometown release that is.

Quest System

Heroes will now be able to discover the story and universe of Eternium by completing quests.
      This will be a proper quest system, including quest givers and a more varied set of goals and rewards. Quests are also a good way to enrich the story, an area in dire need of development.
      There will be an overarching main quest line guiding the heroes through the story of Eternium.
      We’ll also have side quests, and some of those will be repeatable on a daily basis.

ETA: Soon after hometown and act IV goes live.

The "not Merlock but counted as Merlock issue" have been there ever since I started playing, same goes for the "can complete Daily Quest for other Heroes" bug (yeah, it's a bug).
      Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

These current quests seems no problem for me at all, and its not so time consuming to have two runs of Marcus' Village to complete the Merlok quests. But it is a no-no to change the completion of all 5 quests by a single hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedicto View Post
          But it is a no-no to change the completion of all 5 quests by a single hero.
          My current guess is that we're likely to see the "Ethereal Ice Tea" quest (was in the initial versions of the Hometown beta, but removed before the live release) being part of the new Daily Quests rotation - which does mean you'll need to do them individually for each Hero. Although hopefully the rewards will be scaled to match the current Dailies => 20 Gems each.

Comment

Yeah, there are too few Merlok Toads at Marcus' Village (Story Level 3) that I usually have to run at least 4-5 times before I finish the Daily Quest.

ANB #4 - BH Rank 24 - T107 in 9:19

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

My current guess is that we're likely to see the "Ethereal Ice Tea" quest (was in the initial versions of the Hometown beta, but removed before the live release) being part of the new Daily Quests rotation - which does mean you'll need to do them individually for each Hero. Although hopefully the rewards will be scaled to match the current Dailies => 20 Gems each.
              If that quest will be added, it is more convenient if we can store the quest items in the stash, for example, if a hero has that quest, there will be no limit to the drops of ethereal ice cube until that hero clicks the Claim Reward button and the remaining quest items that were excess will not be deleted and stored in the stash so that our other heroes can consume it for their own quest for that day only.

Comment

Originally posted by Meraxes View Post
                Yeah, there are too few Merlok Toads at Marcus' Village (Story Level 3) that I usually have to run at least 4-5 times before I finish the Daily Quest.
                You can actually finish it in two runs, by allowing the summoner merloks to spawn a few more and run back before killing them, especially in the spot near the pond with treasure chest, and hoping that your random location at the beginning of the map were not near the three spots of merloks after the bridge.

Comment

Benedicto Hmm, I just tried but not really sure how it works. Thanks for sharing anyway!

Comment

I find it takes about the same time to restart vs waiting, takes 3-4 runs. Start map, rush kill, home portal, repeat - home portal is quicker than "inventory, abandon, yes", just draw and press on the portal.

Edit: my usual way: back to start, follow map around to the pond with the chest, restart. Unless I spawn need the "end" pond, then I run the reverse. No point doing the rest of the map.
                    Last edited by Nhat; 12-10-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Marcus village then defiler covers it and since the toads are right at the beginning of defiler it is quick.

Comment

No more toads! No more toads! No more toads!

On second thought, why not automatically give us 20 gems per hero just for logging in each day.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                          No more toads! No more toads! No more toads!

On second thought, why not automatically give us 20 gems per hero just for logging in each day.

Comment

Working...
                          X