Guild/Clan based combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guild/Clan based combat

I had this idea and was ready to unleash it upon the forum on the same day the crafting beta was announced. Mmmm you know what they say, timing is everything in life. Now that we have moved past the initial euphoria, I feel now might be a good time for me to flesh this idea out and set it free. Besides I fear that as time passes, I will just forget about it. Again rough concepts here, not fully fleshed out (in order for others to chime in and tweak).

Replace the nonfunctional friend list with Clan List. I won't go into details of typical clan features such as clan leader, elder, members etc.

Clan combat. Here is a way to have multiplayer interaction without true multiplayer. Besides I feel the current game meta isn't conducive to true MP combat. 2M DPS and 200k toughness... hello lucky first strike determines the outcome.

Clan Combat:
    Phase 1: Clan 1 challenges Clan 2, if accepted
    Phase 2: Clan members opt into upcoming Clan war (this makes sure active participation and not penalize people for vacation/RL issues) Time: 1 day
    Phase 3: Clan war preparation Time: 2 day
    So what's clan war preparation? Participating clan members can select a TL at most 10 below his/her max. So if a player's max TL was 110, he/she can choose any TL between 100 and 110. This player now has 10 total attempts to set a good time for clearing that TL. Then the best finish is now locked in as this player's benchmark for this clan war.
    Phase 4: Clan war, Time: 2 days
    Clan 1 members see a list of clan 2 members, next to each name is the TL and the best finish time. Each clan 1 member has a total of 10 attempts but can only pick 2 targets in total, to best the set benchmark.
    The scoring system works this way: 1 star for completing the TL in time. 2 star for beating the benchmark set by the opposing clan member. 3 star for demolishing the benchmark (clearing it faster by 1:5mins).
    So if an overpowered player can get 3 star with 1 attempt, but he is then limited to one more target. He can use up the remaining 9 attempts.
    Phase 5: Aftermath, time: 1 day
    Just tally up the score for each clan to determine the winner.

To spice things up, add a betting house.
    Betting house is open to participating clans in the war where insults and bets can be traded back and forth. Eventually clan has power ratings, so the bets should have odds to favor lower powered clan. You can bet on things like so and so can't beat so and so's mark etc

Even better, betting house can open to public (non participating players) so everyone can bet on everything. It's beyond my knowledge to offer suggestions on how this should work. But a little skin in the game always make the game more exciting. Especially now we have crafting materials in addition to gold and gem as currencies.

Oh Clan combat should reward high end crafting materials such as loot boxes and what not. Clan leader will have the discretion to parcel out those rewards to the participating members.

That's the rough outline. This makes use of TvE as a way to allow PvP by proxy.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Maybe a static gear set for wars as a choice also so it's a fair playing field. Static map or the same map for everyone (perhaps if player on X clan gets this map, player on Y clan will get this map, so that people don't memorize the map from another player in their clan playing it, and make it so the map is normal i.e. random but have the same random map for 2 people in opposing clans).
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Dude...I like all of this...
      Dyoma Crown
      Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
      Warrior (DW): 148
      BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

There is so much more that can expand the concept...

Clan Perks: as clan gain fame/infamy, this opens clan perks to members....
        Basic members can have 1 perk active, senior 2 perks, elder 3 perks

Perks:
        Tier 1
        +10% Gold
        +10% Exp
        +5% MS

Tier 2
        +20% Gold
        +20% Exp
        +10% MS
        +25 Power/Haste/AR

Tier 3
        +30% Gold
        +30% Exp
        +15% MS
        +50 Power/Haste/AR

Tier 4
        +75% Gold
        +75% Exp
        +35% MS
        +75 Power/Haste/AR

Each successive tier from then on adds 10% Gold, 10% EXP, 5% MS, 25 Power/Haste/AR

Let's say clan has opened tier 5 perks, that means, the basic member gets to have one perk active from tier 3, Senior gets one perk from tier 3 and one from tier 4, Elder gets one from tier 3, one from tier 4, one from tier 5.

Numbers of course needs to be adjusted and balanced, but the concept here is belonging to a famous clan has its benefits. Advancing within the clan also has benefits.

Participating in clan war will award clan member pts towards gaining ranks just as winning clan wars will allow the winning clan to advance the clan ranks thus open higher clan perks. Losing clan can lose the acquired clan perks..

Oh yea, changing clan perks will cost gold (another gold sink).

Clan membership also auto deducts some gold as clan membership dues (another gold sink) on a weekly basis. The due (80%, 20% is lost as transaction fee) actually goes towards a clan gold account which the clan leader can use to purchase war supplies, make war bets, pay for clan war (yes it costs money to start a war).
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Sounds like fun! A lot of work will need to be done that's on the list already though, lol.

Comment

This suggestion is meant to utilize existing game infrastructure (Trials) as a way to promote healthy clan based competition and social interaction in game. I believe this will increase the game's longevity and such. Besides we all like to talk trash and have fun, hopefully at the same time.

Of course I personally prefer to see some modification to the Trial system where it's more like challenge towers (like Trial but with just one boss, not a rotating boss, also less map rng). 5 challenge towers to replace the existing trial system. Expanding to more towers as more epic bosses get released. But that suggestion is already in the forum somewhere.
            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
              Maybe a static gear set for wars as a choice also so it's a fair playing field. Static map or the same map for everyone (perhaps if player on X clan gets this map, player on Y clan will get this map, so that people don't memorize the map from another player in their clan playing it, and make it so the map is normal i.e. random but have the same random map for 2 people in opposing clans).
              Let's not penalize people for having good gear. Besides life isn't an even playing field. I actually think a random map will be better for this. Otherwise how else can a "weaker" player have any hope of beating a stronger player. Gotta have that "luck of the draw" in this somehow.
              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

So basically, whoever has the better maps wins regardless of gear anyways. The map is so dependent when trying to finish high trials.
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                  So basically, whoever has the better maps wins regardless of gear anyways. The map is so dependent when trying to finish high trials.
                  Here is a question for the Devs, is the random map generator using some kind of seed number to generate the map? Meaning if the same seed number is used, will it generate a similar map? Of course the map rng needs to be somewhat narrower than the current Trial setup. Otherwise it will be all map shopping.

If the above is true, then PP’s concern is somewhat addressed by using the same seed number to generate maps when clan war attempts to best the benchmark are made.
                  GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
                  X