No announcement yet.

About the future of Eternium. Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to all the jokers, I want to say the following. Most of you here recently and do not know how the game develops. I've been here (I'm not talking about the forum) for 3 years. And all 3 years I have been promoting the game among Russian-speaking people, I (and my team) write guides for the players, every day I answer their questions in personal messages and discussions. We played without translation for two years. We answered thousands of questions of those who do not know English. We have grown a lot of top players, which you saw in the first lines of the events. When I came to my community, there were 50-60 people in it, and now there are several thousand in it.
    But it turns out that our and my hard work deserved only yours ridicule.
    And one more thing, I am sure that most of you I will not see here in a couple of years. But I will definitely stay here and in the game. I will stay, even if game changes drastically. And I will continue to do my job, while many of you will make jokes on the forums for some another games. Now think about your words, leave your ridicule with you and show respect. And why did you decide that I was angry?
    By the way, my last year's post with suggestions even Red appreciated.
    Last edited by Bart the warrior; 12-22-2018, 06:59 AM.
    Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (6000+ m.)
    Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play almost 4 years.
    Community activity stopped !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bart the warrior View Post
      And to all the jokers, I want to say the following. Most of you here recently and do not know how the game develops. I've been here (I'm not talking about the forum) for 3 years. And all 3 years I have been promoting the game among Russian-speaking people, I (and my team) write guides for the players, every day I answer their questions in personal messages and discussions. We played without translation for two years. We answered thousands of questions of those who do not know English. We have grown a lot of top players, which you saw in the first lines of the events. When I came to my community, there were 50-60 people in it, and now there are several thousand in it.
      And yet I am sure that most of you I will not see here in a couple of years. But I will definitely stay here and in the game. I will stay, even if game changes drastically. And I will continue to do my job, while many of you will make jokes on the forums for some another games. Now think about your words, leave your ridicule with you and show respect. And why did you decide that I was angry?
      The way you brought your feedback to the forums was what most people had a problem with. You blamed and attacked the developers, you ridiculed some of the player base, and now you are trying to justify your remarks by again saying you are better than most and that we need to show respect to you? Sorry, but who do you think you are?

A better approach is to voice your constructive feedback (some of which I happen to agree with) in a manner that will grab the attention of the developers and other players, and not bring a "doom and gloom" post about the way this game is heading and how "everyone" is leaving the game.
      Last edited by Zudd; 12-21-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Bart the warrior you did make a few good suggestions no denying that, but this is a Public forum....Everyone got their opinion to share here...Personally I appreciate your effort on trying to make the game better and building a better community as well, but your language/tone is a bit offensive..I'd suggest sticking to logic rather than losing temper and thereby writing derogatory lines
        ANB #4 Mage LB - #5 Pelias CL- 1715; TL - 108
        Live Mage LB - #76 Mrak CL - 1864; TL - 110

Comment

Originally posted by M@rk View Post
          Bart the warrior you did make a few good suggestions no denying that, but this is a Public forum....Everyone got their opinion to share here...Personally I appreciate your effort on trying to make the game better and building a better community as well, but your language/tone is a bit offensive..I'd suggest sticking to logic rather than losing temper and thereby writing derogatory lines
          To speed up my actions, sometimes I translate my messages using a translator program. And I do not always have time to analyze the text, take into account the peculiarities of the mentality of different countries and correct the text.
          I repeat that in no way am I trying to offend anyone. But I want to ask how you will feel when your constructive proposals in response will get a mountain of jokes ?:
          - "get out"
          - "Evil Bart, are you still here?"
          - "go make your game"
          - "the turnover of players is normal."
          Do you think these are constructive answers? Do you think I'm iron and can't mistakenly overdo it with the emotions in my messages?
          Once again, if I was harsh with anyone, I apologize.

Comment

If someone is interested (or someone has not seen), below is my post a year ago with suggestions. Then many here expressed support, including Red.

Many proposals have been implemented?
            About the future of Eternium. Vol.1

"Please don't throw rocks at me. I really love Eternium and I don't play any other games except Eternium. I consider it the best game on the Market, but there is no limit to perfection. And I would like it to be even better.
            But I have a philosophical question. And what is the meaning of the game today?
            Trials? There we measure the sausages, which are in our pants. Trials are endless and don't carry any purpose and meaning. They are only a means to extract experience and items.
            Story line? It is now only needed for gemstones farming.
            The gameplay itself contains only the combat component - you run and kill. Minimum tactics and no strategy during the passage of locations. There is only a tactic for applying skills during a fight.
            Why constantly change those or other innate abilities of characters? Why kill one ability and create a new one?

In our Russian-speaking community (which is administered by Dyoma and me), I began a discussion with participants about the development of our favorite game and its future.
            Below I will describe some suggestions for the game. Some of them are mine and some from other members of our community.
            1) A little bit about trials. Many people supported my idea. On the trial line, it isnecessary to organize rare branches with mini-planets, on which there will be certain tasks with some good rewards. Thus, we will make our infinite journey through the Eternium Universe more interesting.

Now about the most interesting for many players. Story line. While we are waiting for the fourth planet, a few ideas.
            2) It would be nice to add in the locations of any mini-tasks with some reward (an epic item or a gemstone of level 3).
            3) You can add to the locations many different items with which you can to interact. For example, secret levers and buttons that will open caches or hidden territories with enemies. Also new objects can become fixed enemies, like small attack towers. Also you can think of some traps in the locations.
            4) A new difficult location for which the Magic Key is needed. The key consists of three parts and craft as jewelry item. One part can be found by chance only on one planet. To collect it, you will have to go through all the planets. With this key you can get into a closed location, where there will be a very difficult path with a lot of traps, enemies, attacking towers and a strong boss at the end (some kind of insurgent strong spirit). The reward should be very good (for example, an orange box), since the Key is very long and difficult to collect.
            5) A new interesting location for ordinary keys. Should be more difficult than the Gorgon. Access to it is opened upon reaching 700-1000 CL. Many players ask for a new Dungeon. This location could become it.
            6) The opportunity to change the strength of enemies in the legendary complexity. The amount of experience should also vary proportionately. Then there will be more options, where to farm the CL.
            7) Weekly reward for the passage of a certain number of locations in the Story (there was something similar before the Event).
            8) Many players ask for a change of the Gauntlet location.

Now I will describe the general proposals for the game.
            9) Emergence in the game of Runes, which will be a good addition to the gemstones. They can only be inserted into objects and can not be used for crafting (including items with them). Variants of Runes - the increase of the Crit / Damage and another parameters, the strengthening of any skill, the inclusion of any Aura. Same runes should not stack. Also they should fall only in the Story and very rarely.
            10) Separate request of Denis (mage Nika, bh Mari, warrior Katy). Many people supported him. It is necessary to remove from the game the celestial items and boxes with jewelry, and also to reset the LB. I agree that crafting of jewelry should be complicated, like the old days.
            11) Request from Dyoma . It is necessary to diversify daily quests. 20 gems for 10 dead elite enemies - too simple reward.
            11) I remind my request. Buttons Apple and Potions do more and place on the bottom corners of the screen (left and right).

And now I will describe the proposals of many players for the long term.
            12) The emergence of a new class.
            13) Changing the old and the appearance of new set items. Players want more variety in building characters.
            14) Well, everyone expects a balance between the PC version and the mobile version, and also the emergence of joint modes.

I ask the devs not to pass by my post, as the wishes of hundreds of players of our community are voiced in it. Most ideas are not difficult to implement. These ideas will make the game even better, and it will become more interesting for everyone - for experienced veterans, for beginners, and for those who storm LB tops.

With great respect for devs and all players, Bart the warrior."

Comment

Hi, all. I don't see the point of a discussion.... Games creat for fun. If your fun is loosing, drop this one... As me... There's they product, dev's = GOD, there's they rules. There's no point in discussion... only humility.

Peace, bro's

Orion! Keep my crown safely

Enough, Bart tell interesting thing, and Russians are no loyalty always. My PLUS to BART
              King of Android play
              NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

A little bit of humor. One of our players once said that he felt like a medical camera in the intestines when he passed the 4 Act.

Comment

A little bit of humor. One of our players once said that he felt like a medical camera in the intestines when he passed the 4 Act.
                  In my opinion, 4 act is MASTERPIECE
                  King of Android play
                  NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Originally posted by Dyoma View Post

In my opinion, 4 act is MASTERPIECE
                    It just is, indeed.Those who remember the game back in the old days can see the giant difference.When the game released, levels looked (not that well, lets be honest). They already upgraded some levels in Act I like two years ago, gotten pretty decent. But this...its like a different person designed them (which it might did?). Just amazing, good job devs. The way levels changed in graphics and especially in size is huge. Hats off.

And one more thing, I am sure that most of you I will not see here in a couple of years. But I will definitely stay here and in the game. I will stay, even if game changes drastically. And I will continue to do my job, while many of you will make jokes on the forums for some another games. Now think about your words, leave your ridicule with you and show respect. And why did you decide that I was angry?
                    I am very proud and its great honor to have people here like you (that does more than playing, as is in your case keeping a Russian community of players together). Don't worry, there are several players that has been here for some while now. I mean no aggression, but saying to orion_134 and in generally calling experienced players recent is just pissing me off.

Many of us have been with the game for some time, and from my opinion (playing since 2016) I can say that the game develops pretty well. Development team is active (not sure if someone of you mentioned them not listening to player base, but if so, its totally a joke, right?). I have witnessed it many times already, this development team is one of the few that actively looks for suggestions here at the forum. Of course, they cannot take every suggestion, human being has its limitations. All upcoming revealed features has been suggested by players in the past, ALL. Customization, coop, PvP, etc.

Again, I appreciate the work you and your admins are doing for the game.
                    I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
                    Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Then many here expressed support, including Red.
                      Where? Red has no post on the forums there.
                      Also this post is not a year ago, it is barely 9 months ago.

I read through the list and you say many have been implemented, but I see none that are. There is also only 1 that I see in the future relating to gameplay that devs have confirmed (a new class).
                      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                        Where? Red has no post on the forums there.
                        Also this post is not a year ago, it is barely 9 months ago.

I read through the list and you say many have been implemented, but I see none that are. There is also only 1 that I see in the future relating to gameplay that devs have confirmed (a new class).
                        Buddy, that was the question!
                        "Many proposals have been implemented?"
                        Maybe you did not seen the question mark?

Comment

Hey Bart,

PRO TIP: forming your feedback as "scolding the developers" will not help getting your feedback to them.
                          That being said, we do listen to feedback. And a lot of your suggestions are already on our radar.

But we particularly like the ANB event limited timer suggestion, for several reasons:
                          - The competition shouldn't be about how much you play during the event, it should be about how efficient you play. About the tactical decisions you make instead about grinding. From our internal testing is more fun to play with time as a resource instead of grinding.
                          - Players spending more than 8 hours a day during the event poses a risk of burn-out for those players. They might quit the game after one or more events.
                          - Has the potential to increase monetization. It's obvious so I won't pretend it hasn't. But true to our spirit we'll try to reduce the pay to win factor, see below.

We are internally testing this kind of events. To reduce pay to win factor we've removed the need to craft jewelry, that was a huge grinding time sink. Instead you will receive ephemeral jewelry boxes at level 70, allowing you to craft perfect legendary jewelry for the event. Being ephemeral, the jewelry and boxes will vanish after the event. We'll also reduce the milestone at which you receive your celestial to take into account the reduced time limit and most likely increase the rate at which your gain XP.

We are aiming for a 12 hours timer for the Tier 3 event (what are event tiers?). Playing for 2 hours a day is a lot for most players. And from our data a veteran player can get the celestial in under 4 hours of effective gameplay.

PS: Separate leaderboards for PC and mobiles. As I mentioned in several posts, this is technically impossible due to Android emulators. We cannot reliably identify if someone is playing from an Android emulator. Full stop. What happens if you play a tiny bit from PC and a lot from mobile? What happens if you play 25% on PC and 75% on mobile?
                          We are painfully aware about the imbalance and we have a patch under development addressing the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                            But we particularly like the ANB event limited timer suggestion, for several reasons:
                            - The competition shouldn't be about how much you play during the event, it should be about how efficient you play. About the tactical decisions you make instead about grinding. From our internal testing is more fun to play with time as a resource instead of grinding.
                            - Players spending more than 8 hours a day during the event poses a risk of burn-out for those players. They might quit the game after one or more events.
                            - Has the potential to increase monetization. It's obvious so I won't pretend it hasn't. But true to our spirit we'll try to reduce the pay to win factor, see below.

We are internally testing this kind of events. To reduce pay to win factor we've removed the need to craft jewelry, that was a huge grinding time sink. Instead you will receive ephemeral jewelry boxes at level 70, allowing you to craft perfect legendary jewelry for the event. Being ephemeral, the jewelry and boxes will vanish after the event. We'll also reduce the milestone at which you receive your celestial to take into account the reduced time limit and most likely increase the rate at which your gain XP.
                            +1 to this, Adrian. While I'm comfortable with ANBs as they are, I think this would be a good improvement.

We are aiming for a 12 hours timer for the Tier 3 event (what are event tiers?). Playing for 2 hours a day is a lot for most players. And from our data a veteran player can get the celestial in under 4 hours of effective gameplay.
                            I take it that "Tier 3" is ANBs... Tier 1 is what, War Supplies?

PS: Separate leaderboards for PC and mobiles. As I mentioned in several posts, this is technically impossible due to Android emulators. We cannot reliably identify if someone is playing from an Android emulator. Full stop. What happens if you play a tiny bit from PC and a lot from mobile? What happens if you play 25% on PC and 75% on mobile?
                            We are painfully aware about the imbalance and we have a patch under development addressing the issue.
                            This has long intrigued me. Having used Nox in the past, and even dabbled in AutoHotKey mapping to replicate the PC buttons interface under it, I can attest it is not the same "level of fluidity" as the PC-proper version.... so for competitive purposes, would it not suffice to distinguish platform = PC (OS=Windows) vs. platform = phone or emulator (OS = Android or iOS)?

As to the 25% / 75% split etc., I see it as a non-issue. Since the competitive / ranked aspect of the ANB is based entirely on the Leaderboard, it would be the platform *that you complete your highest Trial on* that would define where you get ranked for rewards.

This is not meant to sound like "Adrian, have you not realized this??", but rather like "Adrian, what am I missing here?"

Comment

Hey Bart,

+100 to the changes for the ANB events going forward. Less "grind to win" and more "play efficiently to win" is great for the game and player base.

Comment

Hey Bart,

PRO TIP: forming your feedback as "scolding the developers" will not help getting your feedback to them.
                                That being said, we do listen to feedback. And a lot of your suggestions are already on our radar.

Hi there. Adrian, thanks for the replies. I am glad that our proposals were interesting. And the more I am glad that they will be in future developments.
                                Concerning the separation of LB. If it is difficult or impossible to implement, then you can try to reset the LB. As I said earlier, active professionals will regain their positions in a couple of hours. But at the same time, many dead accounts of long-gone players will disappear from the LB. In addition, the reset of the LB is still relevant due to the fact that mobs have become much stronger after the update with the 4 Act.

Comment

Working...
                                X