Sets, enchantments, wonderful possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sets, enchantments, wonderful possibilities

Since I'm not able to yet enjoy the crafting update, here is my 2cents added to Lam 's idea about an enchantment set. I would link that topic here if I knew how.

Generally speaking even the greater enchantments aren't as powerful as any of the set bonuses we have seen. For example Jugg 2 gives you 280 Power while greater power enchantment is only 100. Since one can enchant set items as well, I think it isn't overpowered to consider a new kind of recipe. Enchanter's XXX.

Very simply an Enchanter's item is a normal/rare/epic/legendary item that can have TWO enchantments. So this gives players the ability to really craft their own customized gear without making Sets obsolete.

So the way I'm envisioning the gear hierarchy in Eternium:

Named Item, Sets, Enchanter's, Legendary, Epic, Rare, Common.

What really sets them apart are the very special/rare bonuses.

If we rank the power/utility of those rarest of bonuses, I feel they should appear this way.

Set 6 should have the best bonus due to the cost of acquiring the bonus. You are restricted in gears (must complete the full set and take the set2 and set4 bonuses as a given).

Name Item should have the 2nd best bonus due to they are the NAMED ITEMs. They are probably kudos to legendary players in the game's past, and we should pay homage to those trail blazers. Now not all named item bonuses are created equal etc etc.

Enchantment/Set2/4 should be relatively equal. Perhaps set 4 being slightly better than enchantments.

With the above in mind, I feel all sets should have their set6 calling card bonus. They need to be big, loud and take no prisoner. Looking at the current sets, I feel only 1.5 sets has earned that distinction. App6. Immolation proc is by far the best ability, and key to all high end mage play. that 0.5 set is for stalker6. There is some bugs about that snipe proc, but generally speaking a good design and promotes a certain style of bh play. I don't count assault6 due to the fact I actually think it's a bonus that breaks the game. Cutting RF CD in half has too many other implications (high alacrity, LoH, increased procs now that procs are becoming more available). Ok breaking the game is too harsh, but making it hard to balance is probably correct.

App2 shield bubble is also extremely valuable. Many classes can stand to benefit from having a bubble. The app2 proc % is actually too high imho. perhaps dropping it to 10% is more appropriate. Of course things will be a lot easier to balance when all procs move to a PPM system (proc per minute), removing its trigger dependency on attack speed. Btw did anyone ever figure out if singularity also trigger shield bubble or not?

I believe the playerbase would very much appreciate an exotic enchantment that gives 5% shield bubble proc on attack. One might restrict this to weapon to make it costly to acquire (trade offs).

Last edited by Arionthe; 12-26-2018, 09:17 PM.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

This post by lama75 ?

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...nchantment-set
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Yes that one.

Btw just to add something to what I feel about assault 6. I think cutting CD of rf in half is too much like I said in the other post. Mostly because it makes it hard to balance when considering how many things are affected by normal attack/rf.

Instead if you give assault 6 bonus this: scatter shot bullets do 70% more damage. That will probably allow the assault players to maintain the dps output compared to current bonus while removing the extra LoH, exotic enchantment proc, extra alacrity etc. oh yea narrow the pc/mobile assault gap a bit as one won’t be constant spam rf anymore.

So there is a number of reasons to go this route. Sooner the better especially if we will have even more procs in the future.
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
      X