Getting loot interferes with movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting loot interferes with movement

I hate the 'new' system of picking up drops. Since v1.2 (Act IV) dropped items, except for gold & gems, can be retrieved by tapping/clicking on them.

This is a horrible change.

When you want to move, NEED to move, to a place where some loot has dropped, you can't, without multiple taps/clicks to first grab the loot, then your toon finally goes there.

This encourages one to multiple-tap all the time, which often triggers the long-existing bug, that freezes movement.

In combat, you've often cleared a small area of monsters, so it is then a nice place to move into, to continue battle. But you can't easily move there, because of course, a place you've cleared is also likely to have several drops.

Now that crafting resources also drop, this problem is much worse.

Mechanic should be something like this:
    • Gear and crafting resources, should fly to you immediately. Or disable click/tap to pick it up.
    • Red health discs, could be left on the ground for optional "tap to heal me now".
    • Gold and gems, could be left where-dropped as well, since Devs seem to like how it takes forever for it to fly to you at the end of the level. But I'd rather it flies to you immediately as well.
    While I'm on a rant, the radius to open a chest needs to be larger too. This comment is partly because it's harder than it used to be, to accurately tap/click to get close, because of the above problem.
    Last edited by Coda; 12-30-2018, 02:54 PM.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Click and hold since you are talking about PC. Just make sure where you first click is not an item and holding will solve the issue for now. It is still annoying and definitely more so on mobile though. +1
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Agreed! It has attributed to numerous messy deaths for me.

Comment

+1 It's frustrating when running for your life with <10% HP and instead of moving you end up picking up loot and dying.
        I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Glad someone has brought this up, I am a mobile only player and I am currently running 1500% extra gold on one of my toons. The game is almost unplayable, especially when grinding on any of the gold grinding maps. Movement pauses for seconds at a time and then it is almost as though you have warped over the other side by the time the game catches up. This almost feels like my S8 is not capable of dealing with the game anymore, sad times if this is true.

Comment

+1 Sad thing is playing mobile with gold booster in Morgenheim, for example, looks like hanging inside slow moving pictures. Even with half graphics.

Comment

+22
              really slows my progress too!

Comment

+1
                Btw I also don't like that drops need to land and finish their bouncing animation, before becoming collectible.
                If you want to get them ASAP, it takes like 2+ seconds each time..

The boxes, then, are the worst because they also require no enemies around and seem to be harder to tap sometimes.
                And obviously they don't fly towards you at the end of the level.
                Last edited by phaolo; 01-07-2019, 04:35 AM.

Comment

+1

Comment

+1 I agree so much. Sometimes you need a health ball asap but you get an item instead. Ick.

Comment

What about to disable picking up drops during combat (like opening chest)? That does not affect much the game behavior but can solve the problem with movement during combat

Comment

Originally posted by phaolo View Post
                        +1
                        Btw I also don't like that drops need to land and finish their bouncing animation, before becoming collectible.
                        If you want to get them ASAP, it takes like 2+ seconds each time..

The boxes, then, are the worst because they also require no enemies around and seem to be harder to tap sometimes.
                        And obviously they don't fly towards you at the end of the level.
                        This needs to be addressed

Comment

Easy solution would probably also be just have you move there "to pick it up"
                          so we all our have our way
                          Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                          Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                          see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                          and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                          It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Just turn off "tap to grab it" for all items, or all except maybe red health discs/spheres, and turn on "magnet" for all items.

Then increase radius for chests to pop open. Not a lot but a modest increase so you don't have to touch it which can be annoying especially on mobile.

No change to "it all flies to you at the end".

Bonus: fix rules for "is combat on or off". Combat should be = actively fighting monsters or them attacking me, not am I or a minion taking any damage.
                            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

This!
                              I play only on mobile and it is a huge headache trying to move especially in act 4.
                              ​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X