Master Crafter perk useless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Crafter perk useless

I don't understand what the appeal of this perk is. By the time you have enough gold to reach crafting lvl 25, your character is probably far beyond lvl 70. gaining an extra level for your gear at level 70 does exactly nothing. crafting level 68/69 gear in the hopes of getting a free level is also not saving resources. remains the strategy of crafting low level gear to gain crafting XP but this still doesnt appear to be of any particular value other than maybe gaining a normal essence instead of a lessen essence every now and then. i must say this perk lacks thorough thought...

+1

Comment

+1
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

+1

Comment

I would go with:

1. Scrounger
          2. Master Crafter
          3. Scrapper
          4. Socketer
          5. Optimizer
          6. Finesse

Master crafter should be 1st or 2nd perk, maybe 3rd perk. Optimizer and Finesse would be better endgame perks as crafting while leveling means the average values of an item a few levels higher will be already exceed the increased/maxed ones.
          In general I'd lower the level requirement for all perks a bit to be abled to get at least the ones that are useful while leveling pretty quick on a new character(ANB). Cause as it is now I'd probably already be level 70 and in the endgame before getting the 2nd or 3rd perk.
          MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
            I would go with:

1. Scrounger
            2. Master Crafter
            3. Scrapper
            4. Socketer
            5. Optimizer
            6. Finesse

Master crafter should be 1st or 2nd perk, maybe 3rd perk. Optimizer and Finesse would be better endgame perks as crafting while leveling means the average values of an item a few levels higher will be already exceed the increased/maxed ones.
            In general I'd lower the level requirement for all perks a bit to be abled to get at least the ones that are useful while leveling pretty quick on a new character(ANB). Cause as it is now I'd probably already be level 70 and in the endgame before getting the 2nd or 3rd perk.
            Agree with the order pretty much, so perhaps the perk names should also be changed between Master Crafter and Optimizer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

Agree with the order pretty much, so perhaps the perk names should also be changed between Master Crafter and Optimizer.
              Yes, there are several "perks" which have more legacy thought processes. Gold was never very useful before the new Crafting scheme. Level 70 as a top level has more value with the CL increases.

Maybe the Crafting perks could be modified to a more complex calculation, using a multitude of the individual's parameters, yielding a CL boost, for example (e.g., the "Drake Equation"! :-).

Comment

I think Master would still be mostly useless even as the first perk. Ought to be replaced entirely. Some ideas:

Resource conservation - A chance (10% maybe) to save any resource in a particular recipe
                Free (1 for 1) gem/essence transmutation
                Guaranteed maximum level for any secondary effects

Or more powerful perks:
                Master Crafter as is, but it can create items higher than lvl70 (with correspondingly higher max stats)
                Master level recipes - special enchantments or items only available at high crafting levels. e.g.:
                - Enchantments for slots not currently offered, or just superior enchantments
                - Cosmetic enchantments that change character appearance
                - Item alteration (re-roll/change an existing stat...basically an alternative to gem use)
                - Upgrade living items to legendary, and/or upgrade legendary to celestial

Comment

Travis could you tag the developers so they are aware of this post.. much appreciated and thx for doing an awesome job!!!!

Comment

FYI, Travis is not me. That said, the devs don't need to be tagged here. They regularly review the feedback and suggestions section.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                      FYI, Travis is not me. That said, the devs don't need to be tagged here. They regularly review the feedback and suggestions section.
                      Ahhh ok haha...totally appreciate game developers listening to the players as opposed to trying to find new ways of getting money from them....once again. Thanks

Comment

Totally agree with this, let's hope it will change into a perk that stands up to its name "Master Crafter"!

Comment

Working...
                        X