Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphic settings not changing in-game, bug ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphic settings not changing in-game, bug ?

Hi

I started playing this game a few days ago in my iPhone SE (6s hardware). Game is fantastic, however, I noticed a LOT of battery drain and after 20 minutes of gameplay the phone gets REALLY hot.

So, asking here in the general discussion other people told me to limit the FPS, turn the ambient graphics off, and so on.

I started playing around with these settings. I started changing the Terrain resolution from Auto to Low. I noticed the terrain degraded its quality, but it didn't change much regarding cooling and battery drain.

So I decided to turn the FPS limit to ON, lower the 3D objects from 100 to 20 and turn the environment visuals OFF as well.

Heres the problem, after changing these 3 options, I still see the fps at 60, I still see the hordes of enemies the same as before (quality ones) and I still see leafs and snow in the environenmt.

So, its like the game is not changing any graphic options, besides the Terrain one.

Is this a reported bug ? Could you please look at it ? I really want to play this game without this overheating and battery drain.

PS: Have the latest iOS (12.1.4) and latest game version.

Correction to myself, the ambient effects DOES work. I I turned it off, and despite still seeing the leafs in the home, I do not see snow anymore wihle doing the campaign.

However, the FPS are still locked to 60 (when they should be 30 because of the lock framerate option) and the 3d graphics for hordes of enemies are still the good quality ones, despite having lowered that option from 100 to 20%.

Please help. Can't play more than 25 minutes without my iPhone SE getting hot as hell.
    Last edited by EmilianoDTH; 02-27-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Well, had to uninstall the game. I can't play a game that drains battery like this. Too bad a didn't receive any answer from the Devs or the mod as well.

Its seems you guys care a lot about your players.

Comment

This is the constant hardware <> software loop...

Hardware speed improvements are driven by the demands of the software programmers. They then improve the game to use the full capabilities of the hardware and demand more.

Someday a "smartphone" will have the capability of running the government computing needs of a small country. :-)

Comment

I'm not sure what you were looking to hear from me. You posted in General Discussion and received some feedback from your fellow players (the same feedback I would have given).

Optimizations are included in every build, but you're using cheap tech that is 3 years old. Keep in mind that there are only a few people working on the live version of the game right now. Dream Primer is a super small studio and their current focus is updating the tech (to Unreal).

Comment

Working...
          X