ANB reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB reward

Currently the best medals require placing top10 for each ANB league. This is problematic because the same ppl (whales and pc pushers) dominate the LB thus monopolizes the "most powerful" medals. This creates a calcifying class system where the haves and have-notes become entrenched.

How about this system instead: Credit to Narf for initially discussing this idea on discord.
    Random medal box for LB rewards.
    For Bronze League
    Top 10 gets 5 boxes
    Top 50 gets 4 boxes
    Top 100 gets 3 boxes
    Top 250 gets 2 boxes
    Top 1000 gets 1 box

For Silver League
    Just drop the Top 1000 tier keep the rest the same

For Gold League
    Drop the Top 250 tier as well so only the top 100 gets boxes

This way the top players get more chances at the best medals but still democratizing the access to them.

Additionally introduce a crafting recipe that transmute 3 random medal boxes plus 50 gem into a Pick-them medal box.

So overtime, ppl can still get what they want.

The whales will continue to spend for the bragging rights and "soonish" path to all the medals.

Btw Top 25 tier feels just slightly out of reach for mobile players.... So I prefer to see the tiers stay at 10, 50, 100, 250 and 1000.

Lastly add 1-2 random medal box as milestone rewards. Kinda like participation awards. Maybe at TL80 and TL100.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post

Btw Top 25 tier feels just slightly out of reach for mobile players....
    Indeed..Did anyone mobile reached top 25 in bronze or silver, doesnt matter if he got 6 fingers or 3 hands - we will count it anyway...

Comment

Hmm, medals are nothing. I very like new ANB format. Play on PC, pay to win is only player choice. If we want only mobile competition devs must legalize Dyoma's Crown like an event. Also I have some thoughts about thematic events. This game has a history, it was good history, we see many interesting players throughout the development of the game like LED, Mohin, Skwis. What about "Led's calling"? - You must play only mage. "Skwis impossible" - play all of chars for a week of each. "Mohin grind" - make better CL limited time event.
      King of Android play
      NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Hi there. Many players liked the idea with the timer on the events, and me too. But do not like everything else. Previously, Top-10 was unavailable to mobile players, and now Top-25. Well, at least the devs have equalized the chances of the number of c-boxes - players with a good skill pass 90 TL even on mobile in 6 hours.
        Regarding medals, I can offer the simplest idea - to rotate medals for different tops in each league. In this case, inexperienced players will be able to get all types of medals, but they will do it more slowly (1-2 medals per event) than whales and pc-players.
        Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (6000+ m.)
        Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play almost 4 years.
        Community activity stopped !!!

Comment

How about medals gained would be like champion points? That way even the top 500 can get what medals they want , and top players would get 6medals but with the diminishing returns it won't matter much and after a few more ANB the top players goal would change to just get more C-Cubes , so plenty of players would have a chance to get to the top

Comment

After giving this a little more thought, I feel the top10 needs a little more juice in terms of rewards since the effort to get there is so herculean.

Random Medal Box = RMB
            Pick-em Medal Box = PMB

For Bronze League
            Top 10 gets 4 RMB 1 PMB
            Top 50 gets 4 RMB
            Top 100 gets 3 RMB
            Top 250 gets 2 RMB
            Top 1000 gets 1 RMB

For Silver League
            op 10 gets 4 RMB 1 PMB
            Top 50 gets 4 RMB
            Top 100 gets 3 RMB
            Top 250 gets 2 RMB

For Gold League
            op 10 gets 4 RMB 1 PMB
            Top 50 gets 4 RMB
            Top 100 gets 3 RMB

Also 3 RMB + 50 gem = 1 PMB
            Additionally RMB chances are not random entirely. I see the 6 medals ranked in its desirability. So ranking from the best to worst:
            1: 5% chance
            2: 5% chance
            3: 10% chance
            4: 15% chance
            5: 30% chance
            6: 35% chance

This should still give enough reward/recognition to the top 10 while giving everyone a slow path to get the best medals. A fair compromise I'd say.
            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Random rewards are stupid, as is paying gems to turn them into something not stupid. Just shuffle the rewards around for future events so over time all the medals end up in the easy rankings. Then also add a way to earn medals outside of leaderboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Buppy View Post
                Random rewards are stupid, as is paying gems to turn them into something not stupid.
                Please keep your criticism constructive. There is no reason to call someone else's suggestion "stupid".

Comment

The idea sounds good and fair, right? On the other hand it's 100% fair that people who come the most prepared and are the best, get the best rewards. Imagine yourself going to a CS-GO lan, everyone brings their top notch gear, practiced the whole year and know exactly what they're doing, and you play casually on your laptop's touchpad. You can't complain then, they get better rewards.

Comment

But if the best rewards are reserved for those who do the best then the gap between the best and the rest will only grow. Weren't you the one in another thread who was complaining about newbies seeing people with stuff they couldn't get and abandoning the game? Reserving certain perks for the best players simply creates an uneven playing field and makes it harder for anyone else to compete. That is a recipe for killing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                      But if the best rewards are reserved for those who do the best then the gap between the best and the rest will only grow. Weren't you the one in another thread who was complaining about newbies seeing people with stuff they couldn't get and abandoning the game? Reserving certain perks for the best players simply creates an uneven playing field and makes it harder for anyone else to compete. That is a recipe for killing the game.
                      Certainly not. Go back and read what I said :] All I ever mentioned were celestials.

Comment

The main reason I enjoy this game is because, so far, it rewards skill. Not everyone should have the best rewards. Why does every single game nowadays completely cater to mediocre skill? That’s not how real life works, and it shouldn’t be how a game works. I’m not saying that the best players should be completely overpowered, but they should be rewarded for being in the top. This participation trophy era we live in is quite pathetic. I honestly feel bad for the devs that have to read all the complaining and entitlement posts. Maybe people should learn to improve their play rather than complain they didn’t get the same rewards a top player got.

CraggHack Yes there were Top25 mobile players in both leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Cwschwark View Post

The main reason I enjoy this game is because, so far, it rewards skill. Not everyone should have the best rewards. Why does every single game nowadays completely cater to mediocre skill? That’s not how real life works, and it shouldn’t be how a game works. I’m not saying that the best players should be completely overpowered, but they should be rewarded for being in the top. This participation trophy era we live in is quite pathetic. I honestly feel bad for the devs that have to read all the complaining and entitlement posts. Maybe people should learn to improve their play rather than complain they didn’t get the same rewards a top player got.

CraggHack Yes there were Top25 mobile players in both leagues
                          There's nothing wrong with rewarding skill. But when the reward compounds with the skill it becomes not fun for everyone else. For example, if I can't compete with player x because he is better than me, then what hope do I have when he is better than me and has better stats? In order to catch up I would need to not only become better than him, but enough better to make up for the stats. That isn't just rewarding skill, it is giving a significant first mover advantage and creating a disincentive to anyone who comes later to even play the game.

Games aren't real life. If it isn't a level playing field the field is going to get small fairly quick.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with rewarding skill. But when the reward compounds with the skill it becomes not fun for everyone else. For example, if I can't compete with player x because he is better than me, then what hope do I have when he is better than me and has better stats? In order to catch up I would need to not only become better than him, but enough better to make up for the stats. That isn't just rewarding skill, it is giving a significant first mover advantage and creating a disincentive to anyone who comes later to even play the game.

Games aren't real life. If it isn't a level playing field the field is going to get small fairly quick.
                            What are you talking about dude. There have been 2 top10 medals awarded so far.. thats literally NO advantage. You're making it sound like they've got significant stat advantage. Man up, improve and kick their ass in gold. If you can't, stop crying about it. It has nothing to do with medals.
                            Last edited by BardPitt; 03-14-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BardPitt View Post

What are you talking about dude. There has been 2 top 10 medals awarded so far.. thats literally NO advantage. You're making it sound like they've got significant stat advantage. Man up, improve and kick their ass in gold. If you can't, stop crying about it. It has nothing to do with medals.
                              It’s a very insignificant advantage for sure, and they diminish pretty quickly from the looks of it. I’m sure over time they’ll rotate medals and everyone will have all types and having a few extra medals over someone else isn’t going to amount to much of anything.

”For example, if I can't compete with player x because he is better than me, then what hope do I have when he is better than me and has better stats?”

I don’t see a problem with this. I see a problem with your flawed and entitled logic that makes you even think you SHOULD be able to compete with someone that’s better than you. You shouldn’t. If they’re better, they should win. If you can compete with them, the game is biased towards lesser skilled players and is giving you a handicap.

Nothing personal, it’s just unfair to cater to those not willing to put in the extra time/work. It robs the dedicated/skilled player and makes it pointless to strive to be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X