ANB leagues durations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB leagues durations

After completing (almost, just 30mins left for gold) the three ANB leagues, I would like to suggest the following:
    Reduce bronze league time limit from 12hrs to 10hrs. Reduce silver league time limit from 9hrs to 8hrs. Gold league 6hrs is short and sweet.

The previous 12hr time limit was still too grindy imho.

I'm slowly coming around this constant ANB league thing. Let the cbox rain!
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Totally against this. The less time allowed the more luck involved and the more gems required to overcome bad luck. So a spread is better. I'd prefer bronze have no time limit, silver be 10 and gold be 5. That way people who don't have gems can spend as much time as they want competing in bronze, while silver and gold would be time limited for those who prefer that.

If you just drop times you focus more and more on a subset of players who prefer that style and leave everyone else behind. Not good for growing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
      Totally against this. The less time allowed the more luck involved and the more gems required to overcome bad luck. So a spread is better. I'd prefer bronze have no time limit, silver be 10 and gold be 5. That way people who don't have gems can spend as much time as they want competing in bronze, while silver and gold would be time limited for those who prefer that.

If you just drop times you focus more and more on a subset of players who prefer that style and leave everyone else behind. Not good for growing the game.
      RNG isn't all that necessary. in Gold i had horrible rng. Basically crafted 4, yes 4 assault rare pieces which I used to pass TL75. I also did NOT buy any crafting crates, just used the level 15 one as a starting point. I agree that better rng luck can make it much easier. But here I am, sitting on tl90, with 30mins left for the final push. Total gem spent (including the xp reforge) is about 4k for gold league. No $ purchase etc. Did I mention that I passed tl90 with 1 rare crafted hood, and 1 epic chest piece? No assault hood drop or from random set box the entire time.

Btw as an aside, I have just been made aware that there are exploits where one can repeatedly open the same random set box until the desired piece is produced. As well as certain botting methods that are yet closed... Getting desired salvage results (as in multiple greater essence every salvage) etc Basically anything that's supposedly left to chance can be gamed at this point. So for a certain set of players, there is no luck involved and we aren't in a fair competition. No amount of grinding will make one competitive against those... So less time means less time wasted to finish a league. Let's get our cboxes and call it a night.
      Last edited by Arionthe; 03-19-2019, 11:29 PM. Reason: expanding on the available cheating in anb
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

As I keep reminding you, you are in the top 1% of all players, so just because you can do something doesn't mean it is reasonable to expect everyone can. I've gotten lucky so far in gold and am at TL86 with a little over an hour left playing BH and that puts me at top 10% of those who are playing in gold, which is presumably composed of the better players. I hit TL 90 in bronze with about 4 minutes left. And that performance was also top 10% range. Most players were short of 70 even in bronze.

So maybe there should be a champions league with really short times for the best players, but for newer players, or those who don't have the gems saved up, I think there should be at least one round where they can gain an advantage by simply playing more if they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
          So maybe there should be a champions league with really short times for the best players, but for newer players, or those who don't have the gems saved up, I think there should be at least one round where they can gain an advantage by simply playing more if they want to.
          +1

Comment

I agree with bagate, please keep in mind that there are also players who barely made it to the TL 70 or not attaining it at all. So what I want to suggest is two types of ANB per leagues that would be run at the same time . At the beginning of the event lets say bronze league, all players will be asked what kind of mode they will play .

​ 1. Traditional ANB league - play all you want within a week and the highest reward is a CBox (no medal included) . This would be a noob friendly ANB .

2. Time limited ANB - as what we have now with medals involved.

Each mode have their own advantage/disadvantage and players would choose based on their goals ,if they want to play safe and just attain CBox or take a risk with high return .

Comment

Also got to say no to reducing time, simply for the sake of new players. I finished Bronze at TL 70 (6:24 clear time) and was in top 25% of the Warrior board #602 out of 5,366 (at end of event), even accounting for lower TL 70 finishes that would still leave about 2-3,000 that didn't make it...

Devs will need to review where everyone ended up and how that fits into their expected distribution of rewards...

Event runs for 1 week regardless of actual play time limitation, so you're going to have to wait for 1 week for the results anyway. If the aim is just TL CBoxes, then it also doesn't matter if you reached it with extra time remaining, just stop once you do, no one is saying you must use all the event time - pretty much what I'll be doing for Gold, since I know 90 is out of my league, haha...
              Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Can anyone that has passed TL90 in this gold league tell me how many gems they have spent? For me, I can't see how you can do it for less than 10k gems. Currently at TL84 with less than an hour to go. Pretty much mathematically impossible to get to TL90. Now. However I am in the top 100. That means a lot of people are losing out on a celestial. 6 hours play time seem ludicrous. Old ANB would have given me a celestial for a top 100 finish, now I just have to sulk that I am missing out again.

Comment

Additionally, can anyone explain how you craft anything? At no points in any of the events have I ever had enough resources to craft any set items. With that in mind, what is the point of the milestone rewards that you gain along the way giving you crafting resources???

Comment

The cost is steep going deeper into trials on anb. I saved up 7.5k gems going into gold. I burned all of that in day one reaching tl 75... so I stopped and farmed 3.2k gems over 4 days. The 100 gems sub helps a bit. That's 10.7k gems so far. Then I got tired of farming so purchased the 10 buck gem pack.
                    I'm now at nearly 13k. All in all, I needed 13.5k to complete tl 96.

the cost of going deeper into trials in gold is steep since there are only 6 hrs. Theres very little time to farm for anything so one can only resort to saved up gems, which needed to be a lot in this case which isn't likely, or you need to purchase.
                    imo, bronze and silver are balanced as far as economy. Gold might need to be looked at because its tipping closer to pay to win. But maybe that's intended.

Comment

Rogann , thank you for confirming my fears, 10k gems is a ludicrous amount that we have to spend. At the start of this, I had 20k gems saved up and now I only have 6k left. It is definitely starting to feel like pay you win. It doesn't seem mathematically possibly to achieve TL90 without spending at least 5k gems on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by aveanjinx View Post
                        ​ 1. Traditional ANB league - play all you want within a week and the highest reward is a CBox (no medal included) . This would be a noob friendly ANB .
                        Traditional ANB design only gave one Celestial on TL milestones (TL80, if I recall correctly) and the other 3 were based on rankings (100, 25 and 10), so this was the exact opposite of noob friendly.
                        Two celestials at TL70 and TL90 is easier than one in TL80 and having no time limit meant that the top 100 spots (that gave you a 2nd Celestial) were limited for the elite players and the ones who were able to grind for a lot more time than the casuals would.

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
                        Can anyone that has passed TL90 in this gold league tell me how many gems they have spent? For me, I can't see how you can do it for less than 10k gems. Currently at TL84 with less than an hour to go. Pretty much mathematically impossible to get to TL90. Now. However I am in the top 100. That means a lot of people are losing out on a celestial. 6 hours play time seem ludicrous. Old ANB would have given me a celestial for a top 100 finish, now I just have to sulk that I am missing out again.
                        Started Gold League with 4800 gems, I did TL90 yesterday with about 30 mins left in the timer, which I will use for a final shot for TL91 or even TL92 on the last day (waiting for my two main skills to upgrade to level 10).
                        Currently 2300+ gems in the bank, so around 3000 gems used overall (I get 120 gems per day from dailies and the 100 gems/day package).
                        I have not purchased any Gold League packages and I don't watch ads.

10k gems is not required. Sure you can spend 10k, even 100k if you feel like it, but it's not necessary in order to do TL90 in 6 hours.

And I did not have rng on my side: I beat TL85 with rare Assault pants and boots (pants were level 56 crafts with 0 damage/defense stats, just movement speed + experience)

Finding another person who was as inefficient as you, does not confirm that "everyone need 10k gems"
                        I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

I spent about 7500 in gold and hardly reached only 90. Only first hour with life-necessary purchases like Endars etc costs 3k gems.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post

Traditional ANB design only gave one Celestial on TL milestones (TL80, if I recall correctly) and the other 3 were based on rankings (100, 25 and 10), so this was the exact opposite of noob friendly.
                            Two celestials at TL70 and TL90 is easier than one in TL80 and having no time limit meant that the top 100 spots (that gave you a 2nd Celestial) were limited for the elite players and the ones who were able to grind for a lot more time than the casuals would.

Started Gold League with 4800 gems, I did TL90 yesterday with about 30 mins left in the timer, which I will use for a final shot for TL91 or even TL92 on the last day (waiting for my two main skills to upgrade to level 10).
                            Currently 2300+ gems in the bank, so around 3000 gems used overall (I get 120 gems per day from dailies and the 100 gems/day package).
                            I have not purchased any Gold League packages and I don't watch ads.

10k gems is not required. Sure you can spend 10k, even 100k if you feel like it, but it's not necessary in order to do TL90 in 6 hours.

And I did not have rng on my side: I beat TL85 with rare Assault pants and boots (pants were level 56 crafts with 0 damage/defense stats, just movement speed + experience)

Finding another person who was as inefficient as you, does not confirm that "everyone need 10k gems"
                            Yes. I was not as efficient but on still learning plus I like to splurge.
                            also, the intent of my post was for the people wanting to go deeper into trials in anb. Those that want to may need to spend more then 3k gems.
                            Last edited by Rogann; 03-20-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
                              Additionally, can anyone explain how you craft anything? At no points in any of the events have I ever had enough resources to craft any set items. With that in mind, what is the point of the milestone rewards that you gain along the way giving you crafting resources???
                              You craft critical missing pieces to complete gear seats at an epic level.

Comment

Working...
                              X