篮球爱好者:球员们的跳跃能力太强,我们达不到。
    nba:好的,以后球场设置3m高的屋顶,让他们跳不起来。
    篮球爱好者:球员们每天训练8个小时,我们只有1个小时娱乐,太不公平。
    nba:好的,以后每天训练的时间只有一个小时。
    篮球爱好者:好了,这样我就可以和他们一起打球了,如果还是失败就再来找你。

我的想法是不同的玩家在游戏中应该获得不同的乐趣,而不是仅仅追求公平。

-----Translation Start-----
    Personal Opinion On Incoming 1.3.46 Google Beta

From my point of view, 1.3.46 Google Beta may stop loyal players from keep playing or putting efforts in this game. I have a story (between NBA official organization and a basketball lover who loves basketball but not professional yet) for this, trying to explain my view on incoming 1.3.46 Google Beta:

*Story starts
    Basketball lover(to NBA official organization): We(all the basketball lovers, like the person who is speaking) want to play basketball with those professional NBA players, but they are too overwhelming in game, and we think it’s unfair for us(for all the basketball lovers who are not professionals).

NBA(official organization): Then what do you want?

Basketball lover: Those professionals are too tall. Usually we(casual basketball players) don’t even reach 190 cm.

NBA: Ok then no more 190cm+ NBA players in future games.

Basketball lover: Also, they are too good at jumping, we can’t beat them while not being able to jump as good as them.

NBA: ok then all the indoor basketball courts now will be redesigned/rebuilt with floor-to-ceiling heights less than 3meters (300cm) so they(NBA professional players) will break their heads when trying to jump too high.

Basketball lover: Furthermore, those professionals have got 8 training hours per day while we only have 1 hour because we have something else to do, this is also unfair.

NBA: Ok now all NBA players are only allowed to have 1 hour training time per day.

Basketball lover: Much appreciated, finally we can play basketball with them(NBA professional players), will come again when we have another problem.

*Story ends

My thinking is that it’s more important to let different kinds of players get what they want in game then just to bring the absolute fairness to all players. *

-----Translation End-----

I hope I did it correctly.
    Last edited by AimEoN; 04-10-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainxll View Post
      从我的观点来看,1.3.46更新的主要目的是限制忠爱这个游戏,并且愿意花更多时间和精力的玩家。对此我 有一个比喻,

篮球爱好者:nba的球员和我们普通玩家差距太大了,我想和他们一起打球,但是觉得不公平。
      nba:那你想要怎么样?
      篮球爱好者:nba的球员身高太高,我们通常不超过190cm。
      nba:好的,那以后nba规定不招收超过190cm。
      篮球爱好者:球员们的跳跃能力太强,我们达不到。
      nba:好的,以后球场设置3m高的屋顶,让他们跳不起来。
      篮球爱好者:球员们每天训练8个小时,我们只有1个小时娱乐,太不公平。
      nba:好的,以后每天训练的时间只有一个小时。
      篮球爱好者:好了,这样我就可以和他们一起打球了,如果还是失败就再来找你。

我的想法是不同的玩家在游戏中应该获得不同的乐趣,而不是仅仅追求公平。
      Its good idea

Comment

Albeit my eyes glaze over at viewing your beautiful ideograms, I am very pleased with your brilliant analogy!

Peace might come if everyone looked only at their own skills and experience to determine their own level without regard to that of anyone else. Unfortunately, mankind is of a competitive nature and that probably drives much of the desire for change and exclusion of player groups within this forum.

My own preference for urgent developer action would be patching the true bugs, which make things dysfunctional and removing the ability for "gaming" of the program to enable a more level playing field.

Comment

To the original poster:
          I think the true solution is to have a far greater, engaging social/guild/clan aspect to the gameplay. I was going to write some huge post about a possible direction for Eternium to add those missing elements, but Blades just dropped so my game time (eternium) went down the drain. Anyway I will eventually get around to that post....
          GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

While I do agree with the sentiment of the original post: there are definitely different groups of players at varying skill levels, and trying to "even the field" is not a proper approach.

I still have no idea why you're referring to the 1.3.46 patch specifically, unless you feel those are not bugs, in which case, I strongly disagree...

Here's my analogy for anyone using those bugs:
            - Scores are tied and we go to penalty shoot outs
            - Team A scored.
            - Team B missed - but wait, that shot doesn't count, we were just practicing.
            - Team B shoots again and scored.
            - Team A shoots and missed
            - Team B shoots and missed, oh sorry we were practicing again
            - Team B shoots and scored
            - Team B wins.

Edit:
            Sure, it's "fun" for team B, they won; but how is that better than being fair?
            Last edited by Nhat; 04-11-2019, 12:49 AM.
            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
              While I do agree with the sentiment of the original post: there are definitely different groups of players at varying skill levels, and trying to "even the field" is not a proper approach.

I still have no idea why you're referring to the 1.3.46 patch specifically, unless you feel those are not bugs, in which case, I strongly disagree...

Here's my analogy for anyone using those bugs:
              - Scores are tied and we go to penalty shoot outs
              - Team A scored.
              - Team B missed - but wait, that shot doesn't count, we were just practicing.
              - Team B shoots again and scored.
              - Team A shoots and missed
              - Team B shoots and missed, oh sorry we were practicing again
              - Team B shoots and scored
              - Team B wins.

Edit:
              Sure, it's "fun" for team B, they won; but how is that better than being fair?
              假设你说的有发生,其实我是不赞同,但是Team B花了更多的时间和体力,如果没有充足的时间和体力,他还是会失败,你否认了他的付出。
              每个人活动期间只能充值30美金,你看怎么样,我觉得太多了不公平。我充值了30美金没有得到想要的东西, 你充值了300美金得到了想要的东西,我觉得不公平,你不可以比我花的更多,你作弊。开发商会同意我的观点 吗?
              Last edited by rainxll; 04-11-2019, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Suppose you said something happened. Actually, I don't agree, but Team B spends more time and energy. If he doesn't have enough time and energy, he will still fail. You deny his contribution.
                It's a penalty shoot out, each team get 1 chance for each shot, even if Team B "spent more energy", how is having a second, or more, chances per shot fair?

Everyone can only recharge $30 during the event. What do you think, I think it is too unfair. I recharged $30 and didn't get what I wanted. You recharged $300 to get what you wanted. I don't think it's fair. You can't spend more than I do. You cheated. Will the developer agree with me?
                This comes back to your "NBA" vs "fan" analogy: NBA will be able to spend more to get what they want, fans won't, thus they're "separate".

Sure, there are a few suggestions on possible ways to prevent this, whether such attempt is the "right" thing or not, I don't know...

I also could recharge $3000 and still not get what I want, that's the nature of random loot boxes, it's a gamble. And being able to redo your gamble is a bug, and that is wrong (in my opinion)

Comment

Here's my analogy. I like to ride my bicycle. Lance Armstrong rode his too. Unless he gets hit by a truck, I'm not beating him on a race. We can look at the tourney reaults and we know he was a cheater.

My not being able to beat him, doesnt change the disgust at his cheating or the disillusionist with the sport for rationalization it and blind eyeing it.

Comment

Your original post talks about how different groups should have different "fun", and to that I agree, as long as it's done within the rules of the game. And now your example of different spending is "unfair"?

I personally have no issue with some more skilled, or spent more money, in order to get a higher ranking than me - that's the nature of the current game, buying will give you an advantage. Sure, I wouldn't mind having a way to also compete equally, as do others, thus the suggestions that have been brought forward. But I will do so within the bounds of the rules, not via exploits.

Comment

Different ways of making fun bounded by rules, I 100% agree, without rules, we are no different than animals.
                      Retired Mobile Player

Comment

Working...
                      X