• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guild System

Guild System
    Buildings:
    Guild Hall:
    Guildmaster use guild resources (gold, building material) to upgrade guild buildings(can’t exceed Guild Hall building level) which in turn allows Guild Hall building be upgraded (to a max of level 10). Higher Guild Hall building level also increases the guild’s influence over the surrounding area: additional mines, lumber yard, quarry under guild control.
    Training Grounds
    Pay gold to go practice round with the Guild Battlemaster. Auto combat. Losing/winning earns xp = gold * Training Ground building level. Higher building level = higher gold cost per training session. Battlemaster gets 30% of the gold, Guild get 70% of the gold. Winning earns 2 points towards weekly combat honors. Losing loses 1 point towards the weekly combat honors. Every 3 sessions also earns 1 Guild Renown pt. At the end of the week, player with highest combat honors gets a 5 combat simulation against the current Battlemaster, the overall winner becomes the new Battlemaster.
    Treasury Hold
    Holds guild’s gold and building materials. Members can donate to Treasury to earn Guild Renown Pts. Donation comes in gold and building material, crafted using the building material recipe.
    Armory
    Special Guild only weaponary/armament crafted here (kinda like the medals), higher level guild membership in order to access the better stuff. For example guild level 5 (tied to the guild hall building level) can craft the 50 critical damage medal/totem, but only highest level guild member can have that. Lower level guild member will only have access to level 4,3, etc stuff
    The Pen
    This is where guild members bring their subdued enemies (mobs) back to the guild for training. Basically as guild members adventure (story map or TL), there is a small chance that the member’s combat prowess subdues a mob (a rare drop, an icon of a pig head for example). Player can sell the mob to the Pen to earn gold, but more importantly GRP (rarity of the mob icon determines how many GRPs earned). This is important because the mob can be trained here (using guild gold/material) to eventually defend guild resource buildings and future guild skirmishes/wars.
    Resource Building
    Gold Mine: can be upgraded via investment from the guild to a level equal to Guild Hall building level. Higher level mine produces higher daily gold income.
    Lumberyard: can be upgraded via investment from the guild to a level equal to Guild Hall building level. Higher level mine produces higher daily lumber production (building material).
    Quarry: can be upgraded via investment from the guild to a level equal to Guild Hall building level. Higher level mine produces higher daily stone production (building material).
    Guild Renown Pts
    GRP for short, determines a guild member’s status within the guild. Guildmaster = the member with highest GRP.
    Member status tiers
    Guildmaster (ceremonial, actual guild benefit equals to the next tier) decrease 5 GRP per day
    Guild Elder: <1000 GRP, decrease 5 GRP per day
    Guild Adept: <500 GRP, decrease 4 GRP per day
    Guild Member : <200 GRP, decrease 3 GRP per day
    Guild Trial Member (everyone starts here): < 100 GRP, decrease 2 GRP per day
    Each day, 2 GRP is removed from a player’s total (so earn at least 2 GRP to keep the status) at the lowest membership level. GRP can be earned by performing guild daily quests/jobs, donation at the treasury, use special guild buildings.
    Daily Quests/Jobs
    Each day, mobs attack the resource buildings under guild control. For example ghosts occupying gold mine. Guild members need to clear those mobs to return the buildings back to normal production. Higher level mine clearing works like a high level TL that’s always a cave map. If the attacking mob is ghost, then the map is filled with mostly ghost mobs >80% with some support (healer/summoners/zombie/skeleton) for backup. If the attacking mob is lich, etc. Summons a special mini boss of the primary mob type as the final boss. Difficulty is tied to a TL number so the guild members can make their own decision on whether to attempt the job/quest. The reward, aside from gold, eq, normal TL drops, is GRP.
    Lumberyard is always a forest map, Quarry is the outdoorsy open mine backdrop.

Guild Skirmishes:
    Harass opposing guild’s resource buildings. Here player fights against the defense put up by the guild’s troops (read back to The Pen under the building section) Winning the fight means earning GRP, reducing enemy resource building production. To really annoying the opposing guild, hire troops from one’s own Pen and put them at the conquered resource building so that the opposing guild will need to take it back by clearing through the defense YOU put up.

Guild War:
    Declare war on certain guild, war costs money so the guild has to put up 1mil gold * Guild Level as the war expense. Winning the war means looting 30% of the enemy guild’s treasury gold plus 50% refund of the initial war cost. Losing the war means 0 gold back. Attached guild can perform revenge attack by putting up 50% of the normal war cost.
    War lasts 7 days
    First 2 days, each guild can attack other’s resource buildings like guild skirmishes, stage 1
    3rd and 4th day, if the attacking guild has done a better job looting the resource buildings, then move on to attacking Guild City (basically the special guild buildings are now open to attack), stage 2
    5th day, if the attacking guild is still winning, now move to Guild Hall, stage 3
    6th and 7th day, guild members enter into personal combats (kinda like how the training ground works), Auto combat, 5 rounds. Each tier can fight against each tier only (so no elder against adept).
    Finally the winner is computed by adding up the winning % from each of the stages.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Reserved... Buildings

The Pen / Dungeon.

This is quite possibly the most important building in this guild/faction layer. What it does is to train defensive troops for the guild for use in defending resource buildings from raids, skirmishes, and finally defending the guild buildings during wars.

When guild members adventure (story, TL, whatever else that involves fighting), there is a very small chance a mob icon is dropped. This represents that the defeated mob was so overwhelmed and decided to surrender. Let's say the player was fighting TL120 when this happened, surrendered mob, SM for short will have a few stats when examined.
    SM stats:
    Max Level = TL where it was dropped
    Start Level = Max Level - 20
    Rarity: Common, Elite, Boss
    Training cost: a number in gold that's algorithmicaly determined by the TL and rarity.

Once in the inventory, the player can either sell this SM at the Pen directly or use the Monster Dungeon functions to upgrade this SM. If the SM wasn't upgraded before it's sold, then it loses its ability to upgrade to its max level. So a SM from TL120 will forever be a TL100 SM. The Pen sells a collection of default (low level SMs) and also player produced SMs at a 100% markup to what the player sold them for.

How to upgrade:
    First 15 levels are paid in gold cost (escalating gold cost). Next 5 levels actually need a similar SM (doesn't need to be the same SM, but same current level and rarity) to merge plus gold cost or Gem cost.

Selling SM will yield gold and GRP, higher SM will have a higher selling price, more GRP.

Guildmaster can issue guild jobs to request more SM that adds to the reward. Plus craftable SM drop buffs that increase the drop rate.

How to use SM:
    Any player can purchase SM from the Pen. The primary use of SM is to harass other guilds. When a player raid another guild's resource building, if successful, they will get a haul of resources (roughly 1/4 daily production), they can then leave behind SM to guard against the other guild retaking the resource building. While the SM is able to holdback the other guild's attempt to retake, the player gets a steady stream of resource production from the captured resource building.

The guild can also post SM around guild's own resource buildings to augment defense against raiders and natural events (like ghost infestations etc, game engine auto compute whether the posted SM is able to beat back such an event, so the more powerful the SM, better chance they stand).

During guild wars, the most powerful SMs are posted to protect the resource buildings, special guild buildings and finally the guild hall. Imagine the guildhall guarded by a mob of Kara, elite healers, TBD, Garm, Elban, and whatever other bosses the game has to offer and all at max TL!!!! muahhahaha

Yes this makes capturing SMs, and training them a key element.
    Last edited by Arionthe; 04-26-2019, 05:59 PM.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Reserved... Guild Renown Pts
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Reserved... Guild Resources

Goldmine Scenario:

The brand spanking new Guild Hall is now at level 1 (starting level), now the guildmaster have some building options at the guild hall. This is delivered via ingame email system (I try to reuse existing game resource/procedures wherever possible to reduce the development work). You get a map (goldmine). This item when used, updates the Guild Hall Job board (a quest giver spot) with a new job called Locate the mine. Guildmaster has the ability to assign reward to the completion of this job and the number of times this job can be completed. This discretion is common to all jobs given by the Guildmaster and posted to the guild job board.

Reward comes in the form of gold and GRP. For example the guildmaster can assign xxx gold upto Guild Level * 5% of the current gold reserve in guild treasury. So the maximum gold reward for a level 1 guild is 5% gold in the treasury. The GRP is automatically set at 1 per completion. Next parameter for the guildmaster to decide is the number of times this job can be completed. This number is a range between 1 to a maximum of current membership in the guild (so everyone can have a shot at it). Let's say the current membership is at 10, and the guildmaster sets the the number at the max, 10. This means each completion of the job will earn 1/10 of the gold the guildmaster set aside for this job and 1 GRP. Each time a GRP is earned via a job completion, the guild treasury gold will also decrease by 1000 x Guild Hall level (this is the salary and other expenses associated with posting/completing the job by the unseen support personnel, another name for gold sink). The gold reward will auto deduct from the Guild treasury.

For those that take the job (only 1 active job at all times, but one can give up the job, giving up will cost the player 1 GRP plus a small fee in gold), the portal at the center of the town then takes them to a randomly generated map (think TL) that is roughly correlated to the player's level. Ie if player is level 40, TL 4. If the player has CL, then some formula takes over to give them an estimated TL (something like CL 1K--> TL 90, CL 2k--> TL110). A successful completion of the map (pretty much a TL run) means the job is complete. 3 tries without success will mean failure, with the same penalty as giving up.

Since we are talking about locating a mine, the random TL map should be anything but a cave setting.

After at least 50% successful completion (meaning at least 5 successful job completions for that maximum 10 job instances), the guildmaster can remove the job from the guild hall. Any unrewarded gold goes back to the guild treasury. Successful completion job removal means guildmaster receives another item via the ingame email system. This item basically acts as a recipe to craft a permanent portal to the newly located mine. It costs the guild some resources to craft it. The result is an entry to the guild resource list: Gold Mine Lv 1. (1).

A level 1 Gold Mine produces x gold daily to the Guild treasury. But that's not all, the mine can be upgraded to produce more gold when the guild hall level increases.

Upgrade goldmine:

Guild Hall is now level 2, guildmaster receives more delivery via the ingame email system. One of them will update the guild job board with a new job: Dig Dig Dig. Same rules apply as before, guildmaster can decide on the total gold reward this job can give and how many times it can be completed. Successful completion means the goldmine is now level 2, producing greater daily gold to the guild.

Trouble at the goldmine:

Randomly, the guildmaster will receive another job scroll that says Trouble at the mine. Basically generated text saying "Creepy noises have been heard from the depth, a number of miners have gone missing. Workers are afraid to go back.. The production has stopped! You must act!". When the guildmaster receives this scroll, gold production from a mine is stopped completely and with a daily drag on gold treasury (one still has to maintain the portal and pay miners' health insurance!). Using the scroll posts another job on the job board. Depending on the text of the scroll, creepy noise means ghost infestation, green slime means merlock invasion, chanting means summoners/liches, mechanical whirls means automatons. So cave only TL generated with predominately those mob types represent the challenge the guildmembers will face when taking this job. Successful completion will mean the mine going back to production.

So the above illustrates how one resource building will work. This can easily replace the current daily quest system.
        Last edited by Arionthe; 04-24-2019, 06:10 PM.
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Reserved... Skirmishes
          GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Reserved... Guild War
            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Reserved... great ideas that I haven't thought of yet (hopefully build upon input from the community)
              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Its good idea ~!

Comment

There are 2 "Coming soon" in the hometown and 3 empty houses. Perhaps saving those for co-op?

Comment

Is it possible that folks are thinking of a different game: "Guild Wars"?!? :-) Are there other games which might be open source which allow such customization by membership? I'd prefer to allow the Developers to focus on the combat stream. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                      Is it possible that folks are thinking of a different game: "Guild Wars"?!? :-) Are there other games which might be open source which allow such customization by membership? I'd prefer to allow the Developers to focus on the combat stream. Just my thoughts.
                      The combat system is the core game. However I'm trying to suggest a way to add social/clan/guild essentially community layer on top of the core combat system. Basically allowing the players to interact more amongst themselves, creating their own stories (what a beautiful raid we did on guild xxx, damnit I almost had the battlemaster yesterday).. etc I'm careful in the suggestion to not deviate too much from the core game (meaning the complexity is superficial, but gives the appearance of a lot of depth). Anyway I'm going to expand a few playing scenarios to give a better sense of how this can be enjoyed.

Think captured the flag, we play the same damn map countless times and yet each time is a blast... the key is social interaction supported by the game itself. In short, I'm trying to create a content multiplier so that the game remains fresh and engaging after months/years.
                      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. (Sort of a SimCity for RPG... :-)

I am waiting for a new class of hero called "Hermit" which does everything to avoid Guilds, Multiplayer and Player to Player communication! :-)

Comment

Described how gold mine can work in this guild system. See post #4
                          GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Expanded the Pen section, see post #2
                            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
                            X