Why are my companions suicidal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are my companions suicidal?

Every time someone lobs a grenade setting an area alight my companions immediately run and stand in the burning area taking damage. Are they sadomasochistic I ask myself or is their AI just unaware of the flames.

Yes, the companion AI has its issues. However, it is only a problem in story mode. In trials where they actually matter more, they are made invulnerable and hence problematic AI is not an issue.

Comment

My companions are not only suicidal, but homicidal as well. When I try to blow by a mob to go further they keep dragging me back, often to my death as well! I'm glad mine aren't the only ones. Marcus is also a very good shield against my attacks by standing right in front of mob or minion I'm trying to kill. More than once I've had to move to get a clear shot because of him. I'd gotten so tired of them controlling me and where I go I deactivated each one of them. Next time I did a run I got destroyed, immediately. Learned that lesson quickly. Now even though they can be a pain, I keep 3 with me at all times, although I know I don't use them as effectively as I could.

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
        My companions are not only suicidal, but homicidal as well. When I try to blow by a mob to go further they keep dragging me back, often to my death as well! I'm glad mine aren't the only ones. Marcus is also a very good shield against my attacks by standing right in front of mob or minion I'm trying to kill. More than once I've had to move to get a clear shot because of him. I'd gotten so tired of them controlling me and where I go I deactivated each one of them. Next time I did a run I got destroyed, immediately. Learned that lesson quickly. Now even though they can be a pain, I keep 3 with me at all times, although I know I don't use them as effectively as I could.
        I'm not at all sure, but I think your fire goes right through them. The LB looked like Endar, Endar, Robin (who is Endar in drag, same stats). Eileen's good for Vortex, if only I was smart enough to realize when to use it. I'm not sure whether spending on two Endar's is worth it. Both E and R have 18758 damage which does not seem like a lot. Minions no longer die in the new build. I ditch Marcus as soon as I pick up Robin at the end of Planet 1 TBD.

Maybe if you circled around the mob or boss you're aiming at, you could miss your minions in case I'm wrong?
        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Working...
        X