Pointless ANB Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless ANB Rewards

Please change a few ANB (or remove if you can't) milestone rewards.
    You get 1 basic resource crate (BRC) at lvl 50 & 2 BRC at Lvl 65. Like what I'm gonna do with 7-8 lesser essence of fire! A single piece of gear at that level costs some 40-50 LE for even uncommon craft (~70 LE for rare)
    You get 1 x 200% XP & 3 x 200% gem booster at Lvl 40 but get only 1 x 100% XP booster at Lvl 55 ! I can understand if it was the other way around but lesser rewards (lot lesser) rewards for higher milestone?

Please do consider these for next ANB.

yeah, we need MOT crates and some of the 50/100/200 gem crates.

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post
      yeah, we need MOT crates and some of the 50/100/200 gem crates.
      We get enough MoTs & essence after L70, problem is with essence before L70. Even if the crate gives ~30-40 of each LE when the requirement is 50-60, it is of some use but when BRC gives 4-6 per LE, it becomes pointless.

Comment

I suppose that is a trade off... The better players move through to 70 fairly quickly and find little value with those limited-value crate rewards. Those who need the essences to be able to move up to higher levels actually need more of them. (Of course, you can purchase them and that might be the trade off.)

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of mortal men? The Shadow knows!"

Comment

The point is that whatever the rewards offer is of no use to anyone. Either set a useful reward or just skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
            The point is that whatever the rewards offer is of no use to anyone. Either set a useful reward or just skip it.
            ("Never use universals..."! :-)

It is difficult to speak for everyone with regard to the value of such rewards. I am sure that they are of minimum value to most. Many folks would simply ignore the reward.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

We get enough MoTs & essence after L70, problem is with essence before L70. Even if the crate gives ~30-40 of each LE when the requirement is 50-60, it is of some use but when BRC gives 4-6 per LE, it becomes pointless.
              I don't know about you but it seems conspicuous to me that AIR is lacking. All the other essences are there in plenty. Air? No. So, a nice drop of 50 greater essences of air would be nice. Of course this would probably keep you from buying the Master's crate of the Bountiful or TItan's warchests. Gee, maybe there's a reason after all?
              FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Air is absent because there are fewer air attributes. There are 3 for shadow, fire and earth, 4 for water, and 3 for air, but one of them is movement speed which only appears on pants and boots. So absent any changes you will always get excess water and too little air.

Comment

Also CR and Haste - both pretty important imho.

Comment

Agreed that the ANB milestone rewards need tweaking. I wish the boxes gave legendary items in gold as I can't ever get a full set of anything and 6 hours is not enough time to farm set items. Especially when you have my luck and get one set item in every 4 runs of TL80+.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                      Air is absent because there are fewer air attributes. There are 3 for shadow, fire and earth, 4 for water, and 3 for air, but one of them is movement speed which only appears on pants and boots. So absent any changes you will always get excess water and too little air.
                      Nonsense. Have you tried to build any of the set armor? Air is ALWAYS required for most useful abilities: haste, movement speed, etc. The IM I'm considering crafting requires: 70 Greater Essences of Air, but 35 of Fire and 35 of Earth. You can't make anything useful without it.
                      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

One of the most interesting things I did for Bronze2 was start a second account. I rushed to get the required level, then pushed to get the silver ticket. In Silver, i then played with a starting balance of about 1000 gems.

When you're not chronically juicing everything with gems, its a very different game. I realized how much paying to remove frustration and speed the game I was doing and not spending what I spent well and not spending what needed to be spent to really get the advantage of spending at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Nonsense. Have you tried to build any of the set armor? Air is ALWAYS required for most useful abilities: haste, movement speed, etc. The IM I'm considering crafting requires: 70 Greater Essences of Air, but 35 of Fire and 35 of Earth. You can't make anything useful without it.
                          Did you actually read what I wrote? I said that you will always be getting LESS air essence because attributes that use it have the lowest probability of appearing on things you find. What does that have to do with what you want to craft?

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post

Did you actually read what I wrote? I said that you will always be getting LESS air essence because attributes that use it have the lowest probability of appearing on things you find. What does that have to do with what you want to craft?
                            I think he misread something

Comment

The problem, I believe, is with the crates themselves. They are fundamentally flawed. They give a lot of crap we already get too much of (leather, silk, iron, silver ore) and very little (or nothing at all) of what we DO need in larger amounts (Essences/Greater Essences, Spirits, Dust). I'd rather have the option of buying just the essences (and maybe spirits), as all the rest can be crafted, albeit at a hefty gold cost.

Perhaps basic crates should give only 1-5 iron/leather/silk and maybe 50-100 Lesser essences (sounds a lot, but it's actually only 10-20 of each), that would make them useful at least early game.
                              Apprentice's crates are somewhat more balanced than basic, but they still don't offer enough lesser essences to make up for their gem cost. They should either give 50-100 Essences or an equivalent amount in Lesser (500-1000). Again, sounds a lot, but it's actually barely enough to craft a single Level 50-60 purple item (non-unique, non-set), and that's if you get lucky with the particular essences you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X