Making mobile play less spammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making mobile play less spammy

this is a QoL suggestion for mobile players.
    For all the buff skills, I’m playing warrior right now so I will use warrior as an example, double the skill Cooldown time while also double its duration.

So charge has a 3 second CR buff, double its duration while also double the skill’s CD. Same for BR, shield block etc. have a toggle in setting for mobile skill to turn on this feature.

I see the benefit of less buff triggering necessary, making the gameplay less spammy.

shockwave probably need to double all its effects in order to make doubling CD worth it for the mobile player. Considering GW has only a 6sec duration. So 16times next second bleed vs 8times.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

I like the spammy gameplay... Makes it fun
    Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
    Teran - CL2000

Comment

totally agree.

Comment

I'm going to try to be specific with the skills. I invite BH and Mage mobile players to put in their two cents on how to make mobile gameplay less spammy.

The general concept is to trade longer duration of buffs for longer skill CD so the overall % of buff uptime is unchanged. It gets more dicey on instant hit skills so I will leave them be for the moment.

So each skill here gets two versions that a player can choose to bring to the battle. The standard version and the mobile friendly version. Some enterprising player might even mix and match so the skill CD rotations can be more even.

For Warrior

Buff Skills:

Shield Block
        Standard: 1 min CD, 3 charges, each charge 5 secs duration
        Mobile: 2 min CD, 3 charges, each charge 10 secs duration

Battle Rage
        Standard: 30 secs CD, 5 secs duration
        Mobile: 1 min CD, 10 secs duration (certain equipment casts BR automatically, in this case, the skill that triggered the set bonus determines if the BR is mobile or standard version)

Charge
        Standard: 30 secs CD, +2000 CR 5 sec duration
        Mobile: 1 min CD, +2000 CR 10 sec duration

In the Zone
        Standard: 30 secs CD, 5 sec duration
        Mobile: 1 min CD, 10 sec duration

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Separate suggestions to specific skills

Charge Level 10
        Most skills gain a very special effect at level 10, but charge doesn't, just +200 more CR and slightly more AOE damage which is negligible. To help mobile DW move around the map, how about adding the Leap's chaining function to Charge level 10. This way a DW can drag a few remaining mobs with him and charge at the next group.

Deadly Throw Level 10 (DW perspective)
        DT for SW does massive damage due to the shield armor addition to weapon damage. DT for DW pales in comparison. The bleed stack is quite weak (due to the long duration) and the base damage is only 1/3 of devastate at 7 vs 13 attacks. So literally it's doing 18% of devastate damage at 50% CD ignoring the small bleed. With the new bleed weapon set, the most efficient way to stack bleed for shockwave finisher is flurry fueled devastate. Neither rendering slash nor DT bleed stack moves the needle. It's as if DT now becomes a shield warrior only skill. Since dual wield has two weapons, how about making DT Level 10 do the following instead. Throw TWO weapons for DW. So 2/3 of devastate base damage at 7 vs 13 attacks with twice the bleed stacking speed. Raw damage wise DT will still fall behind devastate but at least it's in the conversation. For those that doesn't want to deal with the devastate animation pause, DT becomes a viable alternative.

Lastly DT can get pretty spammy. How about a mobile friendly version that doubles the CD and doubles the base damage to 4000%? At 7 attacks vs 13 attacks, raw damage wise, DT will still be behind devastate for each cast even with the above DT DW buff.
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post
          totally agree.
          you might want to specify who you are supporting? OP or the poster above you that sees nothing wrong with the spammy gameplay.
          GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post

you might want to specify who you are supporting? OP or the poster above you that sees nothing wrong with the spammy gameplay.
            of course OP. mobile cant move and execute skills reliably. furthermore, we have to draw signs which takes time,vement they are misinterpreted or discarded. having more time for movement or relaxing is a big advantage.

Comment

While spammg is a bit Pita, i really do t want to turn TL100play into TL20 play.

The much simpler solution is to just increase the damage of the cast itself and introduce a cooldown penalty for prematurely casting before cooldown is ready. Which is the opposite of direction the developers went with queue attacks.

JIMHO, watching ready x.x seconds flash on the videos doesnt make me think skill.

All that aside, if you don't mob manage, pull manage, map manage and stack your buffs on attack appropriately, all the spam in the world wont carry you. It's spamming that allows people to push through higher. The LBs during ANB are full of it, theyre the ones with 300 or 400 CLs more at their top TL than the few that clear it lower.
              Last edited by NoSuchReality; 06-21-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X