customization for devastate and ww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customization for devastate and ww

RF has always been an ultra interesting skill because it takes on the features of the normal attack that one currently uses. In essence one skill has three possible configurations. It's a nice feature that I wish more skills can tap into. Real time battle adjustments FTW!

So this gets me thinking about Devastate and WW. Both skills replace normal attacks during their animations. A good opportunity for some on the fly customization.

Warrior normal attacks:

Frenzy: attack faster, single target
    RS: small bleeding stack to mobs around the target
    Cleave: movement and damage debuff to targets

So what if Devastate and WW takes on the characteristics of the normal attack that a player is using when casting?

Frenzy: Devastate animation shortens from 1.2 sec to 1 sec
    RS: RS bleed stack to mobs around devastate targets (an interesting way to spread that RS bleed stack during devastate and effectively give the skill a small bleed aoe)
    Cleave: targets get movement and damage debuff plus a small aoe at 250% to mobs around the target (a smaller aoe and lower base damage than regular cleave, otherwise this can get too good compared to other options)

Flurry partial/full stack benefit doesn't change these ancillary effects so at full stack, cleave aoe doesn't become 500% with a 400% CD boost (too good).

Now for WW:

Frenzy: WW ticks at 20% faster rate + 0.5% HP per tick (for that small frenzy heal effect)
    RS: WW ticks also give mobs the RS bleed stack
    Cleave: mobs hit by WW also get the MS and damage debuff + 5% damage (WW and cleave are both AOE attacks, so a small boost to WW attack power seems appropriate)
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

I hate devastate for the loooong animation. I kinda lose the momentum and rage I promise to use Frenzy only if thats what it take to shorten it

Comment

Working...
    X