Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few gameplay and interface suggestions

Hey there,

first of all I'm one of those mobile only players, so movement is hardest part of the game right now.
    Biggest reasons for that that seem to be three things.

1. Hitbox of bosses:

Think it's pretty self explaining... Would love to see more accurate hitboxes! It's almost impossible to move on the top side of a boss.

2. Interface

I think it's really annoying and unnecessary that taping on your abilities pops up those message to draw signs to use abilities! I know there's an option to toogle minimap only interface but i acctually like to have an overview of my cds most of the time.

Even more annoying to me is hitting effect status icons (under lifebars) in the middle of a fight, ending up in that effect description pop-up. It's nice to have those descriptions but not in the middle of a fight. Although im often unsure if those numbers or ability tool tip numbers are correct, but that's a different issue.

Suggestions: Change taping on ability icons to be not responsive, or just a smaller notice not being in the middle of the screen. Also and even more importantly, allow movement and drawing signs on those icons please.
    Regarding effect description icons, requirement to hold down for a second or two would be an easy fix i think.

3. Auto attack after moving option:

I really like this option cause i think it helps mobile players a lot to keep up with pc players. Only problem for me and some other players is the targeting priority. Especially on mage i sometimes lose track of the target while luring some packs. When starting to attack it my easily happen to run straight into a big pack of enemies if i forget to click one of the closest targets manually, or just miss the click.

Suggestion: Wouldn't it make sense to change it to attacking nearest target after moving, and requiring a manual tap on a target to focus on one specific. Would be way more reliable and convenient for sure.

Or are you having this way intentionally to not make things to easy?

Thanks i advance for taking the time reading it (hope somebody does ), maybe you take some of it into consideration for future updates. Also thanks for keeping the game alive amd updated.

Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post
    Regarding effect description icons, requirement to hold down for a second or two would be an easy fix i think.
    An actual useful idea, for both mobile and PC players! Those icons are very easy to misclick/mistap in the middle of a fight, as others have already pointed out. This way we still have easy access to the information whenever we need it.
    2 seconds seem too much. Maybe one-half/three-quarters of a second would suffice.
    Last edited by MarkHark; 07-08-2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

An actual useful idea, for both mobile and PC players! Those icons are very easy to misclick/mistap in the middle of a fight, as others have already pointed out. This way we still have easy access to the information whenever we need it.
      2 seconds seem too much. Maybe one-half/three-quarters of a second would suffice.
      Yeah, agree 100%. I bitched about the clutter on the playing surface recently. A minor point is that a) the more complexity that the game has, the less reliable it is, the less time there is to fix bugs that really need fixing and b) even tho it's a small amount, it sucks time away from play to be displaying extra stuff. I'd vote to just axe it.
      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

Agree, anything between 1/2 a second and a second would propably be appropriate.

Comment

Hey there,

Suggestions: Change taping on ability icons to be not responsive, or just a smaller notice not being in the middle of the screen. Also and even more importantly, allow movement and drawing signs on those icons please.
          +1

Comment

at the moment when I select a certain mob and it keeps attacking, it will attack nearest mob. even though I DON'T FCKING WANT. then i move and release to auto attack, it attacks some mob in the pack, even though this should lead to attacking the nearest mob. both behaviours should be switched: selecting attacks selected mob. auto attacking attacks nearest mob.

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post
              at the moment when I select a certain mob and it keeps attacking, it will attack nearest mob. even though I DON'T FCKING WANT. then i move and release to auto attack, it attacks some mob in the pack, even though this should lead to attacking the nearest mob. both behaviours should be switched: selecting attacks selected mob. auto attacking attacks nearest mob.
              You mean target switches automatically after selecting a certain mob manually before, although it didn't die yet? Can't remember this happening to me before.

Edit: Just rechecked... Unintentional target switching doesn't seem to happen for me. Obviously when selected target dies, closest target will be attacked.
              Last edited by Tempest1503; 07-08-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Movement speed is important. You should be able to back up or swerve around a pack, even if you have already "auto-attacked" them. With higher levels, you just kill whatever shows up...

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                  Movement speed is important. You should be able to back up or swerve around a pack, even if you have already "auto-attacked" them. With higher levels, you just kill whatever shows up...
                  Moment speed is obviously very important, but not really a factor regarding auto-attack after movement mechanics imo. You just running faster into thr pack if you mess up.

I got used to it after noticing how the mechanics work. But i think it can be confusing or frustrating for new players... Or even misleading that targeting would be buggy Although it's just current mechanics in combination with the player not being aware of position of targeted mob, which might be far away or in the "backline" of a pack in worst case.
                  Last edited by Tempest1503; 07-08-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

You mean target switches automatically after selecting a certain mob manually before, although it didn't die yet? Can't remember this happening to me before.

Edit: Just rechecked... Unintentional target switching doesn't seem to happen for me. Obviously when selected target dies, closest target will be attacked.
                    it doesnt switch targets. it just doesnt deal damage towards the selected target, but any fool closer to it.

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post

it doesnt switch targets. it just doesnt deal damage towards the selected target, but any fool closer to it.
                      Yea that's what i thought. I think that's fine... Why would the bullets magically ignore the mobs between you and the target, would be too easy and not realistic imo.

Comment

Yea that's what i thought. I think that's fine... Why would the bullets magically ignore the mobs between you and the target, would be too easy and not realistic imo.
                        That's not the problem. The problem is that if the target is out of range the hero runs towards it, bringing it into range. And often right into the middle of the pack you were running away from. So you have to run away again (if you survived). So you get a rubber band effect where to stay at the right range from the pack you have to tap furiously until you get a break long enough to retarget .. and of course if you miss retargeting and hit an empty pixel you run straight back into the pack again.

How is this: The hero should auto attack the nearest in range creature at all times no target is selected, and moving should deselect the selected target. And the hero should never ever move unless I tell her to. No chasing monsters even if selected for attack. The current situation makes the hero uncontrollable and makes casting abilities by drawing runes very difficult.

The problem is that this is the right action for a range attacker (mage). But it is probably wrong for a melee fighter who actually does need to chase targets. Not sure, having not played one. The usual solution to that is to have a range and limited movement about the anchor point (as if the hero was an archer). I've played a game with options like (a) attack nearest, (b) attack strongest (c) attack weakest you can select (this was for the hero's minions, not the hero though).

Comment

Moment speed is obviously very important, but not really a factor regarding auto-attack after movement mechanics imo.
                          My point was that YOU control your character and a faster movement speed allows you to swerve or quickly backup to bring the situation under control.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

My point was that YOU control your character and a faster movement speed allows you to swerve or quickly backup to bring the situation under control.
                            That's not quite true on mobile. You can run somewhere but as soon as you're going and try to draw a rune .. if you're moving, you're trying to draw on ground that's moving under you and monsters moving on the ground as well, and if you've stopped, whilst you're drawing the rune .. you start moving again. So you don't actually control your character because the biatch will not stand still whilst you're trying to draw the rune. Its *worse* if you have fast movement, much worse.

Comment

I only play on iPads. My specific scenario was to address auto-attack taking you toward a mob where you didn't want to go. I would back up or swerve around them. THEN, I would be more in control and could define the mobs to be targeted. With a BH, I tend to let the auto-attack bring me toward a mob that I see on the map and then fire one shot. This seems to then initiate auto-attack as the mob moves toward me. Then I run to the next mob and start again. Sometimes, I die, but there is only a small time penalty now.

Comment

Working...
                              X