Feedback on 1.4.11 and season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on 1.4.11 and season

1) having trial progress rest when you are in the middle of a booster is not cool.

2) Not a fan of changing max item level.

3) the difference in season pass and not season pass is exponential. Not exactly p2w but damn close.

4) can you compete in all 3 classes at once? This seems like a recipe for handing the elite a massive gift.

5) why do I not auto-collect rewards for making season levels? Making people manually click them is not only annoying, but easy to miss.

6) Why do you insist on labeling xp rewards with numbers when we have no way of knowing the numerical value of how many xp we have or how many we need for the next level. I have no idea whether it is worth it going for milestones because there is no point of reference.

7) Why is the season so long? Will we have events during the season, or are those on hold until after the season?

6. You do see what you need for the next season level:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-10-13-02-21.png Views:	0 Size:	251.5 KB ID:	140739

7. Red mentioned on Discord that ANB will run during the Season...
    Last edited by Nhat; 07-10-2019, 03:10 AM.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thx. I looked right at that and didn't notice it.

And I wish the devs would stop using discord to drop info like that. Blink and you miss it.

Comment

Thanks for starting a first impressions thread like this! I think you bring up some good points and I'm excited to hear what other people have to think.

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
        1) having trial progress rest when you are in the middle of a booster is not cool.
        I was in the middle of testing something with a boost, got kicked out of the current trial (ruining hours of setup) and then got my trials reset. Kind of brutal, but eh... I was pretty pumped to see the new content!

2) Not a fan of changing max item level.
        I'm excited to figure it out. It is pretty brutal that all my items aren't 'the best' anymore. Idk we will have to flesh it out and see how it works. I did some highlevel trials and never got anything above lvl71. I crafted some lvl 73 things... but that's it.

3) the difference in season pass and not season pass is exponential. Not exactly p2w but damn close.
        Is it though? I thought it was pretty fair... You don't get much on the top row except for cosmetics, some gemstones, mats and boosters. I thought this was entirely not pay to win and fair. I mean, you could just buy a few months of 100gems per day and buy all of the top row rewards for cheaper than the season pass I'm pretty sure... The one exception to this is the legendary crafter's crate at the end. Still, I'm pretty sure $10 = 2.5 monthly 100 gems per day = 75 x 100 = 7500 gems, I think you could buy all the top row rewards including the crafter's crate with some gems left over....

4) can you compete in all 3 classes at once? This seems like a recipe for handing the elite a massive gift.
        The seasonal progress is account bound not character bound, so how is this handing people a gift? Maybe it is, but I'm missing it?

5) why do I not auto-collect rewards for making season levels? Making people manually click them is not only annoying, but easy to miss.
        I think this is sort of true and I agree with you. BUT - it is pretty fun to tap those buttons and get those rewards!

6) Why do you insist on labeling xp rewards with numbers when we have no way of knowing the numerical value of how many xp we have or how many we need for the next level. I have no idea whether it is worth it going for milestones because there is no point of reference.
        I think figuring out the point of reference is a fun activity we can engage in. I guarantee there are people doing the science right now! Try going out and killing 1 mob and see how much seasonal XP you get. Try crafting 1 rare and seeing how much seasonal XP you get. The the same things with different trial levels, different item rarities etc. I bet you can figure it out pretty quick.

7) Why is the season so long? Will we have events during the season, or are those on hold until after the season?
        The season length is kind of curious, but I think could be pretty cool... I'm assuming they will have other events during the season, including ANBs. I would be pretty shocked if this season replaced other events or ANBs and I think that would be a rather big mistake. I think it's something to augment ANBs and make the regular seasons more fun, since right now they are kinda boring compared to ANBs as leaderboard progress is somewhat meaningless.
        Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
        Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
          Is it though? I thought it was pretty fair... You don't get much on the top row except for cosmetics, some gemstones, mats and boosters. I thought this was entirely not pay to win and fair. I mean, you could just buy a few months of 100gems per day and buy all of the top row rewards for cheaper than the season pass I'm pretty sure... The one exception to this is the legendary crafter's crate at the end. Still, I'm pretty sure $10 = 2.5 monthly 100 gems per day = 75 x 100 = 7500 gems, I think you could buy all the top row rewards including the crafter's crate with some gems left over...
          To me the value of the Season Pass is that you double all of your normal farming gains, as well as Boosters used -- that all goes into the Bank. In addition, you can USE those farmed items in normal play without affecting what you have banked.

Comment

My biggest question here is, if we have an ANB during the season, is it worth not doing any of the levels to get the awards now and waiting for ANB so that your ANB character can reap the benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

To me the value of the Season Pass is that you double all of your normal farming gains, as well as Boosters used -- that all goes into the Bank. In addition, you can USE those farmed items in normal play without affecting what you have banked.
              Totally agree - 10k gems and 10 million gold is no joke for sure...

Your comment seems to indicate that 'Boosters used ... goes into the Bank'. Is that what you meant? I don't see any indication that boosters we use during the season will be added to the bank.
              Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
              Teran - CL2000

Comment

I could be wrong, but I interpreted it to say, "What you gain as you farm goes into your pool AND to the bank. If that comes from using Boosters, but only goes to your pool, it would seem to be difficult accounting. I could be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
                  My biggest question here is, if we have an ANB during the season, is it worth not doing any of the levels to get the awards now and waiting for ANB so that your ANB character can reap the benefits?
                  That is an approach. Of course, that means that you would forgo any gain that you might have during the meantime so that it would occur for a character which would gain at a lesser rate.

Comment

That is an approach. Of course, that means that you would forgo any gain that you might have during the meantime so that it would occur for a character which would gain at a lesser rate.
                    I think it might be worth waiting to finish the top few levels in an ANB as being able to use all those crafting boxes and gemstones would really help in an ANB. It is not as though you need any of the season rewards for your main character.

Comment

I think it might be worth waiting to finish the top few levels in an ANB as being able to use all those crafting boxes and gemstones would really help in an ANB. It is not as though you need any of the season rewards for your main character.
                      I am thinking that the reason that you need to click on the earned Season Rewards in order to collect them is that they could be collected during an ANB. So, I'd go ahead and perform the tasks necessary, but not click to collect. They do not use your storage space in the meantime...

Comment

I was thinking the same thing! I guess it all depends on how ANB will interact with the season dynamics. I imagine the devs will make it so the rewards are sent to main account's mailbox, even if claimed by ANB Hero, but then again I could be wrong.

Comment

I am thinking that the reason that you need to click on the earned Season Rewards in order to collect them is that they could be collected during an ANB. So, I'd go ahead and perform the tasks necessary, but not click to collect. They do not use your storage space in the meantime...
                          You don't have to claim rewards in order, you can claim what ever level you like to get or just leave it.

Don't think anb hero will have access to season rewards, hope so at least. Would be way too big p2w advantage during anb with all those season pass crates!

Comment

Would love some clarification from the devs on this one.

Comment

This would, once again, go against the whole ANB concept - and I personally think season rewards should be separate from ANB. But yeah, need confirmation...

(I'll be claiming them all on main, regardless)
                              Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                              X