Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading an item to celestial is too easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading an item to celestial is too easy!

The cost associated with upgrading an item to Celestial is significantly lower than it probably should be. You only need 1 type of material (Celestial Essence), and you don't really need that many of them considering that you can get them as drops. I suggest raising the cost to also require 1 or 2 Celestial Orbs in addition to the the current cost. Heck, maybe even go as high as 5 - 10 Celestial Orbs, considering that this upgrade raises all the stats of an item to near perfect values; an enhancement which practically makes Celestial Orbs useless. After all, why would you need to increase one stat by a small amount when you could instead increase all stats by a massive amount, for much less, by simply upgrading the item to Celestial?

There is one caveat, items which are not character-bound can be used for 5 star story mode farming, so they're technically more valuable, thus it should be harder to push up their stat values. Yet, it still would be much harder to get a perfect level 75 Legendary piece of equipment than a Celestial piece of equipment, even with these proposed higher costs for Celestial upgrades.

I should also add, the drop rate for Celestial Essences seems a bit high. I think it should be at least 1/3 the current rate, maybe even as low as 1/8. It definitely feels way too easy to upgrade to Celestial. If left as is, I can see a future where everyone has an excess of Celestial Essences in their crafting storage, because they're so easy to get, and so infrequently consumed.
    BH: Shade
    Mage: Muse
    Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

-->crickets<--

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
      -->crickets<--
      Lol, I know. I can't imagine anyone who plays this game would love to see these changes, but I think they're important for the health of the game.

Comment

shhhhhhh lol where's that damn banhammer when you need it?!?

Comment

Shade Glow .... Um, no. Lol. It may have been easy for you to get all of those CE drops, but I’ve been playing for 2 days. Without. A. Single. Freaking. Drop. None on trials. None on story mode. None from ANY chests. I can’t tell you exactly how many hours I’ve played. I’m guessing 6 hours of actual grinding. All trials over 100 and story mode on legendary. I am just a little shy of my max crafting perks, but only just.
          Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go light a candle and pray to Jesus, Mary and Joseph because the gods of Statistics and Luck have forsaken me. ; )

Comment

I guess I was lucky, but I got one soon after starting the new Season, must've dropped somewhere in TL ~15-30 as I was rerunning the reset trials. I just happened to look in my crafting stash and saw it sparkling there! So pretty, my Precious. It dropped so easy that I was thinking maybe the devs were giving everyone a freebie for the event. Good luck to you, I hope you find yours soon!

Comment

No, they do not have to be harder to get. Ppl here had already played Eternium when I didn't even know about it, farming hard, but game has changed and all their Precious became trash, then again, hard farm and the lost, on and on, till now. The last was nearly that week. Let ppl get what they deserved. Let them calmly made their new Precious. I don't miss any celestial item anymore, but existing chance to obtain NEW this way reanimated the previous will to play and saved me from quit. Personally, I always loved craft for the chance to get some special, unexpected, different thing. New system raised importance and specialty of craft to its peak. I would be grateful to devs if they let all of it be as is.

Comment

Huh? Shade Glow ? Why should things be hard to acquire anyway? that's some twisted way of "enjoying" the game; sadomasochism or something! The feeling of fun and enjoyment runs way deeper than this shallow perception! Just be one with the deep ends of the Eternium universe and enjoy the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by nightshade3 View Post
                  Why should things be hard to acquire anyway?
                  Positive feelings are usually associated with achievement. Game developers know this and make their money by offering those positive feelings to their customers.

a·chieve·ment

noun
                  1. 1.
                    a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
                    "to reach this stage is a great achievement"
                  As you can see in the definition, achievement usually takes effort. Someone handing you a fish isn't the same as catching a fish. The first is not an achievement, while the latter is certainly an achievement and feels much better.
                  Last edited by Shade Glow; 07-12-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

But isn't a chance to craft 74—75 lvl thing an achievement? Big enough to not to add more. Making that item Celestial is like a cherry at the top of the pie you made your own hands.

Comment

The game is evolving. Something that was hard to achieved in the past is easy in present. It does not mean that players will get boring because developers create new achievements for players.

Little history: the crafting system was introduced just about 6 months ago. Before it, it was really difficult to get an item with the stats that players want. Getting an item with "good" stats was really an achievement.

With crafting system, it is very easy to get an item with "good" stats. It is not an achievement anymore but players got new achievements: "perfect" stats and Celestial items.

Now, even Celestial items are easy to get. But lvl 70 Celestial items are weak in comparison with lvl 75 legendary. So new achievement is here: to craft full gear sets with lvl 75 items. It is really hard, at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post

Positive feelings are usually associated with achievement. Game developers know this and make their money by offering those positive feelings to their customers.

a·chieve·ment

noun
                        1. 1.
                          a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
                          "to reach this stage is a great achievement"
                        As you can see in the definition, achievement usually takes effort. Someone handing you a fish isn't the same as catching a fish. The first is not an achievement, while the latter is certainly an achievement and feels much better.
                        Don't know in whatever dreamy world you live in, but not everybody has the time or energy to spare over a game, just look out of your window, know what that is? REAL LIFE! a game's supposed to be fun and relaxing, not some stressful digital race.
                        Also as Alicia's stating, it's SUPER hard to acquire lv75 gear right now, and I look forward to the moment this will be feasible and not some distant wishful luck-based grateful-ever opportunity! Peace.
                        Last edited by nightshade3; 07-12-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                          It does not mean that players will get boring because developers create new achievements for players.
                          Correct, there are many other reasons why players get boring! :-) Sorry, I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

Comment

Originally posted by Shilien View Post
                            But isn't a chance to craft 74—75 lvl thing an achievement? Big enough to not to add more. Making that item Celestial is like a cherry at the top of the pie you made your own hands.
                            Crafting a high-level item is an achievement, because it takes effort to farm, accumulation, calculation and adjustment. The chance to get a high level is purely the RNG, unfortunately.

Comment

It seems the new challenge is to craft the high level items then, instead of getting celestials. Most people play Eternium casually, and I have only seen 1 drop in 4 hours of T100 speed runs. I will keep an eye on this though! You said more drop in story mode, right?
                              Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                              Teran - CL2000

Comment

Working...
                              X