Crafting change to discourage exploiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crafting change to discourage exploiters

Crafting has become the only realistic way to gain the new top end gear after the latest patch. Lv75 gear is leaps and bounds better than Lv70 gear, the previous top end. Unfortunately this has also encouraged the exploiters to take advantage of the crafting system to produce Lv75 gear while the rest of us bounded by the spriit of fairplay are hopelessly behind. The fact of the matter is Lv75 gear grants such an advantage even I am tempted. Given my reputation, that is not a light statement.

So I propose this change to eliminate the draw to cheat. The change is simple. When a player has finished selecting all the attributes to a craft, there is a preview to what the final result will be. Kinda like jewelry crafting where the fusion result is known before one presses the button.

There is no true rng in crafting anyway. All crafts are seeded, each craft only advance the counter. So when the preview showing that mythical level 75, the player can change the craft to best utilize the result (I recommend weapon above all else).

Now something will also need to change in order for this craft change not to make attaining end game gear as easy as breathing.

That is every type of craft has to have its own seed number. Meaning I can't advance the counter for a full lv70 legendary set/unique by crafting a level 1 legendary or anything else for that matter. This is maintain the need to keep grinding (which is really the draw of this type of game).

So let's say I have a rather unlucky seed number for full lv70 legendary set/unique craft. But I know each legendary craft gets me one step closer to that eventual goal. Most importantly, I won't be missing that once in a blue moon chance to end up with a lv75 legendary set gauntlet when I'm still sporting a lvl70 weapon.

This change removes the draw to cheat (by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). It retains the need to grind. It gives the rest of us a fair shake.

So what say you? Adrian (Developer) Red (Developer)

Thanks
    Last edited by Arionthe; 07-16-2019, 10:35 PM. Reason: edited out exploit info
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

The only thing I hate about this update is more RNG. RNG is legit players nightmare and exploiters paradise.

Comment

Does this seem fishy to anyone else? With a 1% chance to get a level 75, this would require a person to craft 900 pieces of equipment. That's 13,500 Marks if Titans and 154,000 Greater Essences. I spend a truly absurd amount of time farming, and I don't have nearly those kinds of resources. I can't really wrap my mind around it. How does this person have a full set of level 75 celestial gear already? Not to mention the fact that it's XP gear, meaning they possibly have the resources to craft another set for pushing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Full 75.png
Views:	438
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	141892
      BH: Shade
      Mage: Muse
      Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post
        Does this seem fishy to anyone else? With a 1% chance to get a level 75, this would require a person to craft 900 pieces of equipment. That's 13,500 Marks if Titans and 154,000 Greater Essences. I spend a truly absurd amount of time farming, and I don't have nearly those kinds of resources. I can't really wrap my mind around it. How does this person have a full set of level 75 celestial gear already? Not to mention the fact that it's XP gear, meaning they possibly have the resources to craft another set for pushing.
        Definitely exploiter.

Comment

If someone can craft lvl 999 items like in this post https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...vg-is-cheating, they can obviously craft lvl 75

Comment

They are usually pretty good at detecting and banning exploiters, right? Maybe they will be able to detect and ban based off of farming exploits, and not leaderboard push alone?
            Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
            Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
              They are usually pretty good at detecting and banning exploiters, right? Maybe they will be able to detect and ban based off of farming exploits, and not leaderboard push alone?
              no, they arent.

Comment

It seems exploiters are the cryptonite of any competitive ARPG. I came to Eternium from D3 and that game has it infinitely worse. There are many accounts in the top 100 with over 22 hours / day played, and keep in mind it is against their terms of use to have multiple people share an account. I mean, it's hard to get more obvious exploitation than that and Blizzard never does anything. I think I'll just focus on how fun the ANBs are and not get too serious about the seasonal leaderboard.
                Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
                  It seems exploiters are the cryptonite of any competitive ARPG. I came to Eternium from D3 and that game has it infinitely worse. There are many accounts in the top 100 with over 22 hours / day played, and keep in mind it is against their terms of use to have multiple people share an account. I mean, it's hard to get more obvious exploitation than that and Blizzard never does anything. I think I'll just focus on how fun the ANBs are and not get too serious about the seasonal leaderboard.
                  problem is the rewards are still even undetermined for us... if rewards go out to all 3 lbs/ account then it will take an awful lot of anb's to keep up with top players medal counts from season 1... if each account only gets rewards x1 no matter other chars rank, just highest overall, then things are a little different... don't want to even imagine if all 5 chars are eligible for rewards

hmm, so if we stick to format, it will go bronze 3(7days), bye week, silver 3(7days), WS event(7days), gold 3(7days)

thats about 35 days... originally thought we would see 2 anb's/season, this will be hard to squeeze together and so i don't see it happening now... this makes more sense now with current timelines...

it would go; season 1 start (2 weeks), WS event (7days), bronze 3 (7 days), bye week, silver 3 (7 days), bye week, gold 3 (7 days), WS event (7days), season 1 finish (2 weeks) = 1anb, 2 WS (77 days total)

80 days goes into 365 a total of 4 times with 45 days left over... thats 4 seasons, 4 anb's, 8 WS, and 1 week between seasons/ year

this of course is just my personal opinion and logic so take it as you wish lol
                  TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                  Makina "The Corpse Princess" - stalker bh
                  Sabre - dw warrior
                  Shadowiiix - arcanist mage

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                    If someone can craft lvl 999 items like in this post https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...vg-is-cheating, they can obviously craft lvl 75
                    That most probably tampered data and not a craft from within game

Comment

Working...
                    X