Make storyline relevant again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make storyline relevant again

Playing TL100 over and over again is super boring. To overcome this allow setting a Trial Level in storyline such that the enemies there would give the same XP as the enemies at that Trial. Drops can stay normal as not to discourage playing Trials.
    XINA YOKE TASI 8693

Originally posted by Terran View Post
    Playing TL100 over and over again is super boring. To overcome this allow setting a Trial Level in storyline such that the enemies there would give the same XP as the enemies at that Trial. Drops can stay normal as not to discourage playing Trials.
    However, you're right that amping up story mode would be a plus. Something like bosses with a Trials-like difficulty, multiple bosses (and drops) and some variability in mapping are ways I can imagine.

Try doing The Descent in Heroic or even Legendary in under 2 minutes. Then 1 minute. Then 45 seconds. The latter I have not done.
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
      The latter I have not done.
      [SPOILERS AHEAD]: You've been warned!

Took me several months to figure out how to do that. In the end, got it with BH, after finding a way across the final bridge without losing precious seconds to the spawning mobs. However, you may find it much easier to do with Warrior, especially if you take an attentive look at the Guides section

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

[SPOILERS AHEAD]: You've been warned!

Took me several months to figure out how to do that. In the end, got it with BH, after finding a way across the final bridge without losing precious seconds to the spawning mobs. However, you may find it much easier to do with Warrior, especially if you take an attentive look at the Guides section
        MarkHark After you posted the above comment I went back and revisited the Descent, a story level I typically avoid when at all possible. In my little achievements section under the trophy the only one I hadn't finished was completing Descent in less than 45 sec. Thought it was impossible until I went back and watched warrior leap shortcuts that you referenced in the guides. Realized that I couldn't do it on mobile because I couldn't position the proper sign close enough to top to work on my tablet with my fingers, wouldn't even try on my phone, so I decided to try it on my PC. It took me a couple dozen tries and I seemed to be stuck at 47 sec, but I finally got timing right and did it in 42 sec. I would have never completed that achievement without your hints . Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Try doing The Descent in Heroic or even Legendary in under 2 minutes. Then 1 minute. Then 45 seconds. The latter I have not done.
          Did that when I started playing. BH, no allies, start smoke screen run to the end like a crazy dog, kill everything SS again to end any DOT, done.

Comment

Adding such time bound achievements to story will make it interesting, even if gems are not awarded.

Comment

RockDoc You're, welcome , Doc!

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                Did that when I started playing. BH, no allies, start smoke screen run to the end like a crazy dog, kill everything SS again to end any DOT, done.
                That's the only way I could finish it as well. Except I just ran to the end killed the boss, and then used smoke screen. I rarely play bh so I didn't even think it was possible before I knew about smoke screen.
                Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
                Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
                Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
                Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                  Adding such time bound achievements to story will make it interesting, even if gems are not awarded.
                  Yep, maybe even story mode leaderboards for specific maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post

Yep, maybe even story mode leaderboards for specific maps.
                    Travis has already hinted changes to story mode and achievements.

Comment

Would be cool to see another way for gold as well, running morg 3,000 times is way worse than the trials.
                      Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
                      Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
                      Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
                      Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Working...
                      X