Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random starts and the lack of merlocks and sisters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Random starts and the lack of merlocks and sisters

    I think that the random starts should be reset for each difficulty.

    Either merlocks should be more common or should be removed from the daily quests.

    Sisters are more uncommon at higher levels and their equivalent should be added to the daily quest list " kill 15 healers " for example.

    That these are my only frustrations says a lot about this great game.

    #2
    Originally posted by Blaydon View Post
    I think that the random starts should be reset for each difficulty.

    Either merlocks should be more common or should be removed from the daily quests.

    Sisters are more uncommon at higher levels and their equivalent should be added to the daily quest list " kill 15 healers " for example.

    That these are my only frustrations says a lot about this great game.
    Just run level "1-3 Marcus village" for merlok toads... 2 or 3 times and you got your 50 complete, takes like 2mins.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Blaydon View Post
      I think that the random starts should be reset for each difficulty.

      Either merlocks should be more common or should be removed from the daily quests.
      Sisters count as Merloks for the purposes of Daily Quests except for in Act IV where the monsters that count as Sisters do not count as Merloks. Sisters do not count as Merloks.

      Personally I just use The Gauntlet for the Daily Quests. Start The Gauntlet. Put the device down. Come back 20 minutes later and the Daily Quests are done. No interaction other than just starting the level is required.
      Last edited by Tin Man; 08-04-2019, 10:50 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post

        Just run level "1-3 Marcus village" for merlok toads... 2 or 3 times and you got your 50 complete, takes like 2mins.
        This is true. Do act 1 seige of anderhelm for sisters. There's a trick to Marcus village, there's some hidden toads. Go do the mini ramp to meet some toads, then keep going SE around the loop and a bunch more toads on will appear. The pathing is weird and a don't think you go around the loop for a long time!
        Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
        Teran - CL2000

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post

          This is true. Do act 1 seige of anderhelm for sisters. There's a trick to Marcus village, there's some hidden toads. Go do the mini ramp to meet some toads, then keep going SE around the loop and a bunch more toads on will appear. The pathing is weird and a don't think you go around the loop for a long time!
          It's before you cross the second bridge, on right side. Shaped like a horseshoe with a chest at far end. Half the toads are in those 2 groups.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
            Half the toads are in those 2 groups.
            However, you need to go past the bottom of the horseshoe bend, slightly upward toward the chest, before the bottom ones will spawn. (Otherwise, when you go up to the chest, you still have to come back to the bottom before you can open the chest.)

            In The Defiler (1-7), near the beginning, you can find several toads and also "Merlok credit" for other monsters in the cemeteries. The Fiery Pits (1-15) also spawns a number of Merlok Toads (the maximum number seem to appear on Heroic Level).

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

              Personally I just use The Gauntlet for the Daily Quests. Start The Gauntlet. Put the device down. Come back 20 minutes later and the Daily Quests are done. No interaction other than just starting the level is required.
              Tin Man Thanks for this suggestion. I put BH in Gauntlet and let it go. Had quests for all 4 toons done in 3-1/2 min, and just watched. Easiest way to do daily quests yet , and more entertaining than watching ads ​​​​​​​

              Comment


                #8
                Start game, go through the 5 characters to start their dailies, back to my main hero -> Gate to Adventure -> Story -> Act1 -> The Gauntlet -> Play/Start.
                Attack the first mob that spawns, then off I go to make a coffee while she auto-attacks all the waves.
                Come back 10 minutes later, screensaver paused the game around wave 150.
                Unpause, let my hero die, collect a gazillion health potions and a small amount of gold (around 5-10k), but most importantly all my dailies are already done.
                Go through the 5 heroes, collect the gems and I am ready to play whatever area/TL I want, rather than having to look for specific mobs.
                I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                  Personally I just use The Gauntlet for the Daily Quests.
                  Thank you for the outstanding suggestion! This is the most efficient way that I have seen to meet the Daily Challenges.
                  (Not as much gold, gemstones or resources, but less screen time and finger wear!)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Just ran Gauntlet with warrior, started him and let it go. He lasted 13 min and easily cleared 3 of 4 heros daily quests. However, the one it did not clear was for Merlock toads. Had to go to Marcus' level twice more to get enough toads to complete because it started me far enough past 1st bridge that there were no toads at bridge or in trees near treasure chests. So it seems that even gauntlet doesn't ensure sufficient toad kills to meet daily quests, even after 13 minutes of carnage .

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Did the Gauntlet again today for daily quests, took about 10 min. Again, I cleared all quests except toads, and again I had to run Marcus' level twice to get them all. Any one else having to go complete toads after running Gauntlet?`

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
                        Did the Gauntlet again today for daily quests, took about 10 min. Again, I cleared all quests except toads, and again I had to run Marcus' level twice to get them all. Any one else having to go complete toads after running Gauntlet?`
                        Did you not get any toads or just not enough? Typically take clearing 100-150 waves in The Gauntlet to clear the Toads Quest.

                        FYI, I received a usable level 72 legendary Integralas Mantle today running The Gauntlet in legendary.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

                          Did you not get any toads or just not enough? Typically take clearing 100-150 waves in The Gauntlet to clear the Toads Quest.

                          FYI, I received a usable level 72 legendary Integralas Mantle today running The Gauntlet in legendary.
                          Pics, please!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            MarkHark Not perfect but pretty good usable especially if I were to reforge out that Deflect Rating. I get Integralas Mantles fairly regularly when running The Gauntlet in Legendary but this is the highest that has caught my eye so far. Normally I just salvage everything without even really looking at it much. Yes, I know that people complain about the sub-20% chances but that doesn't phase me as one my IM engages it normally does not run out.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190810-110957.png
Views:	281
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	144648

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

                              Did you not get any toads or just not enough? Typically take clearing 100-150 waves in The Gauntlet to clear the Toads Quest.

                              FYI, I received a usable level 72 legendary Integralas Mantle today running The Gauntlet in legendary.
                              Did not get enough: both days short by 30 toads. Maybe need to run it on normal instead of heroic or legendary?

                              Nice IM for a drop, BTW .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X