Dressing Room Location - Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dressing Room Location - Really?

Suggesting this is real late as it has been this way for a while now but did y'all really need to move the Hoarder to place the Dressing Room in his spot? The two most frequent locations that I, and likely others, visit is the Hoarder and the Salvage Table followed by the Stash. Yes, I understand you want to make sure everyone is aware of the Dressing Room but are people really constantly going there? Having the Hoarder, Salvage Table and Stash in close relation to each other means it is very easy to switch between them. Having the Hoarder where he is at now means he can tend to be off the screen from the other two.

Really isn't an earth shattering suggestion but is of one for player's convenience.

Also, his new position is too close to the billboard, which makes me constantly open the friends list by mistake. Coincidentally, I have just posted this in another thread.

Comment

MarkHark No coincidence. I have been meaning to post this suggestion from day one of the update but seeing your post prompted me to finally post.

Comment

I agree that it could have a slightly better layout, specifically the location of the salvage table just off the side of the screen behind the wardrobe. To help with selling, you can use Alice or Gornathan - they are accessible without moving from spawn at 150% view distance.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark

Also, with 1.4.13 and the new dressing tent, Mitzu got moved to a pretty irritating spot, where I find myself repeatedly selecting the billboard by accident when trying to sell trash loot. Please either return him to his old spot or else move the billboard to the left side (next to the recipe seller).
          I agree! That weird little tent is set up exactly in the road. Whyncha put it in one of those "Coming Soon" places? Not like I want to change costumes on a daily basis or as often as I want to salvage stuff. Put it any place else.
          Originally posted by Harkyn View Post
          I agree that it could have a slightly better layout, specifically the location of the salvage table just off the side of the screen behind the wardrobe. To help with selling, you can use Alice or Gornathan - they are accessible without moving from spawn at 150% view distance.
          Or you could put the dressing room where Alarion stands. Give the poor guy a break. After the first 5 minutes, he's got nothing to do for all eternity. Gz! Any place else, really.
          FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've rushed to salvage my loot and ended up in that dressing room. It's just a bit crowded where it is and that landscape around the recipes seller is pretty bare...

Comment

Jeverzon You are barking up the same tree I have been thinking. Counter-clockwise from Liana between her and the vacant storefront would be a perfect spot for the Dressing Room.

Comment

Yes! Also frustrating: jeweler - stash - hoarder. I mean, come on. As if jewellery crafting wasn't already the game's most ridiculously tedious process, they just spread out the 3 needed locations all across the town, to ensure people can't spend more than 15 minutes of back and forth before they start screaming at their phone.
                I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Chosen That you can't sell directly from either crafting screen is another is to not even get me started on. Running to Alice, the companion pimp, to sell jewelry is kinda weird but the quickest way to dump all that unwanted jewelry that you just crafted that is subpar.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                    Yes! Also frustrating: jeweler - stash - hoarder. I mean, come on. As if jewellery crafting wasn't already the game's most ridiculously tedious process, they just spread out the 3 needed locations all across the town, to ensure people can't spend more than 15 minutes of back and forth before they start screaming at their phone.
                    At least you can access the stash directly from the Jeweller's page - look to your right, you'll find a pretty icon there to alternate between stash and crafting.
                    But I agree there should also be an option to sell unwanted stuff right there.

Comment

Oh, come on, these are minor annoyances compared to other stupidities designed to make you waste your time, which is what games are, after all: time wasters. How about "transfer all my gemstones to stash and flog everything else". No, not a button, I mean whilst playing!

Here's the thing: if you make a game that turns you into a robot, then people will *justifiably* use bots to overcome the grind. There's enough grinding in RL thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrill View Post
                        Oh, come on, these are minor annoyances compared to other stupidities designed to make you waste your time, which is what games are, after all: time wasters. How about "transfer all my gemstones to stash and flog everything else". No, not a button, I mean whilst playing!

Here's the thing: if you make a game that turns you into a robot, then people will *justifiably* use bots to overcome the grind. There's enough grinding in RL thanks!
                        I can see the reason in what you say. For once, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Comment

If they had put it somewhere else people woulda missed it and complained
                          Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                          Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
                            If they had put it somewhere else people woulda missed it and complained
                            Which is the whole reason why they have Alarion for giving quests to direct people to portions of the game they may otherwise miss or not be inclined to check out. Remember when they had Alarion direct you to the Jeweler and Blacksmith for a short time?

Comment

I wonder why they do not make use of the inn. There can be a room for each Hero that can serve as the change room. It can also be used to select the Hero you wish to play rather than having to 1) press the setting icon 2) press exit 3) press yes 4) press Hero 5) press select and final 6) press play. It would be nice to 1) go to inn 2) open the door to the Hero 3) select one of A) Play B) Change style C) Future closet for second armor, jewelry, weapons and cape D) ....... AND yes, return Mitzu to his rightful place.
                              Michael Garrison St George 688

Comment

Working...
                              X