Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some minor feature requests

Hi!

During the time I now play Eternium as a mobile only user, there are some improvements I would definitely like to see in the game.

a) Toggle switch for dynamic stating point
    Honestly, this is the most annoying thing in Eternium when doing daily quests. Morlocks are the rarest species, yet everytime my character is placed right on the spot with the most Morlock toads right at the bridge at level 1-3, making those toads disappear. I'd really like to see a switch to disable the dynamic starting point in the settings.

b) Speech bubbles
    Somewhat similar are the speech bubbles that instruct new players what to do. I am running 1-11 "Siege of Anderhelm" for the "sisters" quest. Everytime I reach the top these speech bubbles instruct me to first clear both side towers. Well, I guess after like 400 runs I am pretty sure how to clear the level. :-) Please enable players to turn these bubbles off!

c) Trial level map selection
    Personally, I dislike night maps as well as cave maps. As soon as I enter a trial and see one of these maps, I instantly quit the trial and restart it. It would be really great to de-select disliked maps and to spare this hassle from players!

d) Disabling spell information icons for click/tap actions during trials (or implementing a setting to disable them)
    As a mobile only user, it regularly happens to me that I accidentally tap on those information icons at the side or on top of the screen (so, I mean the ones that tell you which sign to draw for a given spell as well as the icons that inform you on the spells that are active on your current target). In case of the first icons the desired movement of the character does not happen (because the game tells me to draw the spell icon instead off tapping it), and in case of the ladder the spell information pops up, completely interrupting me from the "flow". It would be a great setting if I could simply disable them for any interaction.

e) Disable "tap to collect"
    For a similar reason I would like to be able to disable the "tap to collect" feature for loot. It is really annoying to be unable to move to a desired location because there are items lying around which are collected first before the character starts to move to that location.

I hope that some of these settings will make their way into the game... :-)

Best
    Chris
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
    (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
    Hi!

During the time I now play Eternium as a mobile only user, there are some improvements I would definitely like to see in the game.

a) Toggle switch for dynamic stating point
    Honestly, this is the most annoying thing in Eternium when doing daily quests. Morlocks are the rarest species, yet everytime my character is placed right on the spot with the most Morlock toads right at the bridge at level 1-3, making those toads disappear. I'd really like to see a switch to disable the dynamic starting point in the settings.
    This is a botting countermeasure which doesn't actually seem to work. I agree that it should be removed.
    BH: Shade
    Mage: Muse
    Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

e) Disable "tap to collect"
      For a similar reason I would like to be able to disable the "tap to collect" feature for loot. It is really annoying to be unable to move to a desired location because there are items lying around which are collected first before the character starts to move to that location
      Christian Lamine
      This would be pretty nice. I've almost never wanted to pick anything by tapping on it.
      Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
      Teran - CL2000

Comment

I would love to see a couple of changes myself.
        One is a major peeve I've had with the game since day one. It's called "chest opens after combat" and I would like to ask the developer's "Why?"
        No, let me scream it. "WHY???"
        For the life of me I can't see what the restriction adds to the game other than a whole lot of aggravation. There certainly doesn't seem to be a good "game play" reason.
        It's just aggravating as hell. I kill a mob and am about to open a nearby chest when Marcus opens his big yap and some skeleton on the outer edge of a nearby mob takes offense. Boom, the chest is locked again!
        So I kill the new mob, but a stray bullet or Arcane bolt hits another skeleton on the edge of another nearby mob and I'm back in combat again. This can happen multiple times, and before peace is restored I'm sometimes so far away from the chest that it isn't worth going back for, particularly if I'm running a 200% experience booster.
        Then there are the dropped reward boxes that are even worse. Sometimes I have to wait 4 or 5 seconds AFTER combat ends before the magic ring appears indicating that the box can now be opened.
        Just let me open the damned chests and boxes when I want to, Please!!!
        Ahem, sorry for the rant, but if I could only make one change in the game it would be that.
        One more thing.
        What is the point of the Mage "Blink" other than adding a bit more firepower?
        Wouldn't it make far more sense, and make "Blink" a far more useful ability if an enemy continued to direct his/her attack at the ghost image for at least a couple of seconds? As it is, as soon as "blink" is initiated the enemy immediately turns and continues its attack on me. I can blink directly behind a boss, and without pause he immediately turns and continues his attack.
        Like I said, "blink" should cause the enemy to attack the ghost for at least a couple of seconds before he realizes the real character has moved.

Comment

Invector +1 on both claims!

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
            b) Speech bubbles
            Somewhat similar are the speech bubbles that instruct new players what to do. I am running 1-11 "Siege of Anderhelm" for the "sisters" quest. Everytime I reach the top these speech bubbles instruct me to first clear both side towers. Well, I guess after like 400 runs I am pretty sure how to clear the level. :-) Please enable players to turn these bubbles off!
            After a while, you don't even heed the SoA warning, as you can "one shot" Magroth. This makes the warnings even less significant... The old text adventure games used to give the full description of a location only the first time you entered the space. After that it just showed the name of the location, for example "Y2".

(Maybe they can change the code to check that you have completed the story one time and then no longer serve the popup.)

Comment

Invector - thanks for the additions, these are exactly my thoughts... :-)
              MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
              (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

It's like you guys are mind-readers! I applaud the righteous indignation on display here!

Oh, how about, "Lines don't work" when you're trying frantically to draw symbols while your idiot sidekicks are dragging your hero around, usually back to a previous screen where one itty bitty skeleton is wounded, aggro'd and frozen stuck (because, archers!) Or drinking gallons of health potions whenever you draw a 'Z' ... Grrrr

Comment

Working...
                X