New Training Grounds Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Training Grounds Idea

What about new stuff where u can choose all the sets of armor and weapon of whatever lvl u like a have run like in trials to test whatever is there.
    I would go for a run with Full set od adventure lvl75 + Deidra Resolve

Watcha think?
    Last edited by Wolf86PL; 08-28-2019, 08:34 PM.

A try it before you buy it plan. Intriguing.

Comment

So, a trial of different configurations to check on the results, rather than just a test of what you already own?

Comment

Exactly Imcelhiney! Sometimes it's difficult th put all thoughts in right words. Sorry. Not a native writer

Comment

...ah, but your writing is much better than my Polish!

Comment

That would be pretty cool especially if they added jewelry into the mix. There are some things I'd like to try with all of the so called worthless stats but I won't waste resources to test them or the time it takes to make the jewelry.
            Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
            Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
            Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
            Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

So far we have:
              - weapons and armor
              - jewellery
              Lets throw some enchants
              Any other idea's?

Comment

Well, if we are tossing in the whole kitchen sink then there is:
                • Gemstones
                • Companions

Is there anything else that we are missing?

Comment

All skills lvl 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                    Well, if we are tossing in the whole kitchen sink then there is:
                    • Gemstones
                    • Companions

Is there anything else that we are missing?
                    Unlimited gold and crafting materials to test the rng

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

Unlimited gold and crafting materials to test the rng
                      Test the RNG? If it is truly random, then I wonder the value in taking a discrete sample of the statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

Test the RNG? If it is truly random, then I wonder the value in taking a discrete sample of the statistics.
                        Reading that back it actually doesn't make any sense,iI'm talking about my statement of course. I remember shade made a thread and it was concluded that you should be able to craft a 75 within 39 attempts I believe. You receive some sort of a bonus with each craft of the same item in a row also. All of that makes me believe it isn't random but I don't know any other way to refer to it other than rng.

Comment

Yes, I agree there has been a lot of empirical data posted that is worthwhile. If it were truly random, you'd have the same probability of getting a Level 75 as getting a Level 70. I believe that there are just very tight "filters" added to reduce the number of Level 75s which are allowed. Sort of like the opposite of those which were used when the CEs started appearing in locked chests!

I have noticed that the crafting graphic will show a lower level and then switch to higher level(s) in the animation. When I got a Level 74, it first showed Level 72 and then switched to Level 74.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                            If it were truly random, you'd have the same probability of getting a Level 75 as getting a Level 70.
                            wut

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

Reading that back it actually doesn't make any sense,iI'm talking about my statement of course. I remember shade made a thread and it was concluded that you should be able to craft a 75 within 39 attempts I believe. You receive some sort of a bonus with each craft of the same item in a row also. All of that makes me believe it isn't random but I don't know any other way to refer to it other than rng.
                            39 Attempts is for a lvl 74, not level 75. Your use of RNG is fine here.
                            Quick summary of what Shade thinks is probably how they are doing crafting RNG: The game adds/removes 'luck' to your crafting chances to have less variation in outcome over smaller sample sizes. This means the overall odds do not change over traditional RNG; however, it will help avoid long unlucky streaks (or extremely lucky streaks).
                            Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                            Teran - CL2000

Comment

Love the general idea of trying before purchase. It can be regular shop with all shadow items one may want, whichever stats or lv or jewelries. Items are sold for gems or gold. Their life expires after an hour of real playing. Trials taken with them don't count in LB, don't unlock next TLs but show all the usual statistics.

Comment

Working...
                              X