Ability to Pause/Resume Boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to Pause/Resume Boosters

Is there a way to pause/resume (Currency/Experience) boosters? It would be nice to be able to take a break from grinding (to focus on Trials, or Daily Quests), without sacrificing booster time. I understand that grinding is part of the game, but once you've activated a booster, you become dedicated to that particular game play.

Once you pop, you can't stop.

Comment

I second this suggestion, and I've also seen other people suggest the same. Does not seem to be particularly difficult to implement, but maybe the devs just prefer it the way it is.

Comment

I third this suggestion.
        Of course the pause/resume should be allowed only in town with no portal open.
        In the meantime, you can switch between toons (one with grind gear and an active booster, one with push gear without).
        Last edited by LodWig; 09-27-2019, 04:47 PM.
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

This would be great.
          Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
          Teran - CL2000

Comment

This would be highly exploitable. I already have several scenarios how I could exploit those, imagine what "The Ks" would do.

Comment

Are your scenarios still valid if
              Originally posted by LodWig View Post
              [...]the pause/resume [is] allowed only in town with no portal open.[...]
              Eternium Files

Comment

If by "only in town" you mean Home Town (now called oldinn) then all the timers do pause there. If it's pauseable (not sure if that's even a word ) during trial or mission, o boy! 1 booster it takes to get all the gold/gems you need

Comment

ShotDead The idea here is to be able to turn on/off the boosters before leaving town for specific missions. Say, you are farming Morgenheim with a 30-minute 200% Currency booster active, and then you feel like playing a couple trials, but if you do that, whatever booster time you have left will be as good as forfeit. What we're suggesting here is the ability to "pause" the booster, run our trials and then "unpause" the booster whenever we're ready to farm again.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                    ShotDead The idea here is to be able to turn on/off the boosters before leaving town for specific missions. Say, you are farming Morgenheim with a 30-minute 200% Currency booster active, and then you feel like playing a couple trials, but if you do that, whatever booster time you have left will be as good as forfeit. What we're suggesting here is the ability to "pause" the booster, run our trials and then "unpause" the booster whenever we're ready to farm again.
                    Ah, so you mean it could be paused/resumed in HT/Oldinn only. Hmmmm....That could work but not sure if it could be programmed that way. Only devs can tell. And yes, that would be a good idea.

Comment

I know that this might not be on-track, but I will use boosters on different characters and just leave them there when I change to another character. Sometimes, I switch to a character and go ahead and stay with it until the boosters have timed out before moving to another.

Comment

Wish we had the ability to choose whether an active booster starts when entering game play.
                        For example , One buys a gold booster but only wants to farm for a short bit to accumulate a specific amount of gold and then stop
                        The ability to go and do other things before the booster is gone by not making it active when one enters the maps would be nice

Comment

Already asked for here.
                          Eternium Files

Comment

Working...
                        X