AD boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD boxes

It has been something that bugged me for awhile. The mystery box drops where most of the time you get the 5gem ad. It is a great way to earn the premium currency. I just think the implementation can be vastly improved.

the mystery box drops during gameplay, be it story or trial. I’m always tempted to click on it to earn that gem. However it breaks the immersion, takes the player to somewhere else entirely. During ANB or any timed gameplay(push trial), there is a lot of misclicks and wasted time as my finger frantically tap on the screen to no effect.

how about remove the mystery box drop entirely from the gameplay (yes I know there is an option to disable mystery box for paid player, but we all still want those gems). Instead, whenever a mystery box would have dropped, the game takes note of that. When the player is back in hometown, there is a spot where one can click on those “earned through gameplay” ads for gem. This change maintains the immersion of the game during active gameplay while allowing players to leisurely watch ads to earn those generous daily gems (upto 250).
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

True. When the update came that you can interact with the items in the environment made it harder. When an ad box dropped within the object (in bush, box, etc.) one click is not enough, sometimes its frustrating and a waste of time especially in ANBs.

Comment

Tickets could drop and you could redeem them at an ad theater in town. :P

Comment

• Anjaeka
        Anjaeka commented
        Editing a comment
        That is actually a brilliant idea. Gather them up and watch them all at once in hometown instead of during a trial.

I like this idea! Great suggestion.

Maybe that's what is "Coming soon...(to a theater near you...)

Comment

This makes zero sense from an advertiser perspective - - they're called interstitial ads for a reason, because they interrupt gameplay, and because they interrupt gameplay for a, presumably, captive audience motivated to sit there, watching it, to get on with playing, is why they actually sell to advertisers. No one would spend on an ad outside of gameplay where a player could, say, walk away from their device during playback.

Comment

Originally posted by hp9000 View Post
          This makes zero sense from an advertiser perspective - - they're called interstitial ads for a reason, because they interrupt gameplay, and because they interrupt gameplay for a, presumably, captive audience motivated to sit there, watching it, to get on with playing, is why they actually sell to advertisers. No one would spend on an ad outside of gameplay where a player could, say, walk away from their device during playback.
          This. Would be great for the player, but it would never work for Eternium. Entire incentive is that you have to stop your gameplay to watch the ad.

Comment

Working...
          X