Better use of Water Essences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better use of Water Essences

Pretty sure everyone who crafted a lot of items noticed that Water Essences are by far the least used ones.

I'd suggest to either reduce costs for transmute, or (even better) change experience crafts to use Water Essence and life on hit crafts to use Fire Essence. Would also make crafting during anb a lot cheaper, as crafting experience + crit damage on each item is consuming a lot of fire essences right now!

Great idea!

Comment

Imagine that transmuting an essence to another is more expensive than the item being crafted, more expensive than weapons and off-hand gears, and the essences needed to be transmuted is twice the amount... Wew

Comment

Or deflect rating using fire. Occurs a lot, so a lot less water and more fire. And/or reduce the abundance of the crap stats deflect and regeneration.
        Totally agree to reducing transmute costs, especially considering how comparably easy it is to "reroll essences".
        Last edited by Argon; 12-03-2019, 08:47 AM.
        Mobile only
        ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
        Warriors, BHs Argon
        Mages Tuca

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post
          Pretty sure everyone who crafted a lot of items noticed that Water Essences are by far the least used ones.

I'd suggest to either reduce costs for transmute, or (even better) change experience crafts to use Water Essence and life on hit crafts to use Fire Essence. Would also make crafting during anb a lot cheaper, as crafting experience + crit damage on each item is consuming a lot of fire essences right now!
          Here's what Tempest is talking about. This is from crafting a cape - Water does get some pretty worthless attributes. Shadow is not well represented either and I'm always short of Air, so I'd agree if balance and fairness were a goal.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	crafting attributes.png
Views:	348
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	156451​​​​​​​
          FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post
            Would also make crafting during anb a lot cheaper, as crafting experience + crit damage on each item is consuming a lot of fire essences right now!
            Totally agree to this . Crafting on gold AnB required lot of gold as many players can't afford it without burn hundred or thousands gem into gold. I hope the dev. team would applied it to the next update .
            Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
            Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
            XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
            Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
            CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

In my experience, Air and Shadow are the ones always in short supply, Water and Earth always plentiful, and Fire somewhere in between.

So, I would change either Haste or Ability Rate to Water, swapping for Dodge or Deflect Rating. The other I would change to Earth, swapping for Extra Gold.

Comment

Different builds have different needs. But all builds have excess earth and a massive overflow of water essences.
                What I really don't understand is deflect rating. No one ever willingly has it on any item (same for life regeneration) but still it (they) appears just as often as the good stats. And why on Earth is it water? It's not defensive as all the other water stats. It just deals marginal damage, or am I mistaken here?

I'd move dodge to air (this seems obvious to me), deflect to fire and block to shadow.
                Last edited by Argon; 12-03-2019, 06:31 PM. Reason: Added own suggestions about moves
                Mobile only
                ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
                Warriors, BHs Argon
                Mages Tuca

Comment

My crafting is chronically limited by Fire but that is in large part to doing most of my crafting with Experience on every piece. Crafting with Experience is because I am still fishing for farming gear with the level limits increased to 75, let alone 77, or because most of my crafting is during ANBs.

I have twice as much Water as Earth and almost twice as much Earth as Shadow. My Air is substantially less than my Shadow and Fire is in the pits.

I always use Air, Fire and Shadow and sometimes double of one, even when not going for experience. Earth is used for specific heroes and configurations. Water? Rarely and only if I want Life on Hit. Swapping Life on Hit and Experience would really help tremendously.

Really comes down to these simple things:

Critical Rating - Air
                  Critical Damage - Fire
                  Ability Rate - Shadow

This three attributes alone cause Air, Fire and Shadow to be consumed all the time. We really need a reason to burn off more Water. Experience is a good candidate.

Comment

Off topic, but does anyone know why there's shadow? Western kulture has only the four other elements, and eastern have a fifth, but I think that is metal.
                    Mobile only
                    ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
                    Warriors, BHs Argon
                    Mages Tuca

Comment

Originally posted by Ubba Lothbrokson View Post
                      In my experience, Air and Shadow are the ones always in short supply, Water and Earth always plentiful, and Fire somewhere in between.

So, I would change either Haste or Ability Rate to Water, swapping for Dodge or Deflect Rating. The other I would change to Earth, swapping for Extra Gold.
                      Does anyone actually USE dodge or parry?! I would never add it unless I was blind drunk one night...
                      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Yea, different builds have different focuses of essence. Reducing costs of transmuting to 3-5k might just be the better choice, and also way easier to script i guess.

Comment

I thoroughly endorse Tempest's idea, a more comprehensive variant of which was posted by myself a while ago:

I accumulate Water and Earth essence more than others. 3 times for Water and 2 times for Earth. I know that Extra Gold, Life Regen, and Deflect Rating increased after the 1.4.0. but 4 of the Attributes is associated with Water and Earth essence and only 2 in Shadow. Water (4) Life Regen Life on Hit Deflect Rating Dodge Rating

Comment

++++ (and a thousand +'s more...)

I am constantly low on air essences. Would be great if there would be a balance in the use for these essences - actually, all those never-needed stats share the same essence types.
                            MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
                            (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

Working...
                            X