Trade system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade system

I've searched a bit through the suggestions section but I was not able to find anything similar - so please bear with me if this idea has been brought up already before...

I imagine a system where players are able to trade with one another. To counter fears of opening ways to exploit the game: I also imagine a trade system, where sellers and buyers stay incognito, so there would be no way to target a specific account and gain any advantage by doing so.

I imagine the system to work much like eBay: the seller lists item(s) (armor pieces, weapons, crafting materials, gemstones) for sale and buyers would be able to place bids on these deals for a given amount of time. Finally the highest bid wins. Gold could be a possible currency as well as gems (maybe) or even crafting resources. Wouldn't it be great to trade all those unused MoTs into air essences? (At least I have like 1200+ MoT laying around while at the same time I am totally broke of air essences)

// Edit:
    Even if sellers and buyers remain incognito, there would be a way to misuse the trade system by simply having both accounts involved logged in at the same time, and hit "buy" as soon as the first accounts hits "sell". To counter this, there could be a random delay in place. Say, the system would make items available somewhere between 5-10 minutes after hitting "sell". This way, also this exploitability would be counteracted (at least it would be very, very insecure to cheaply transfer items from one account to another). Also, a device ID could be utilized to effectively hide the deals created on a given device from being able to buy at the same device...
    Last edited by Christian Lamine; 12-05-2019, 07:45 AM. Reason: additions
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
    (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
    I've searched a bit through the suggestions section but I was not able to find anything similar - so please bear with me if this idea has been brought up already before...

I imagine a system where players are able to trade with one another. To counter fears of opening ways to exploit the game: I also imagine a trade system, where sellers and buyers stay incognito, so there would be no way to target a specific account and gain any advantage by doing so.
    I believe I've seen a market system suggested a while back. Not fleshed out but I come from a game where there was a very active marketplace: some players ONLY did merch'ing. There were others who preened with something like our skins/effects and those could be very expensive as well. It was also part of the multi-player game and a place where people could chat in a room where the trading was done. Be a start to getting to multi-player. Right?

The trade was in drops for "gold" which removed it a bit from drops for "plat" which had to be bought with real live credit card. I think it's a great idea to have some sort of exchange.
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Interesting concept. If implemented, I would expect that MF/DP would probably want a few percentage points.

Comment

“1200 EXTRA MoT’s”?!

Comment

Excellent idea.
        1.11.11/CL2186

Comment

Good idea as long as loopholes are closed.
          Though some people would have an advantage if it is done with gold and such.
          Veteran's that have a surplus of gold, crafting materials, ... will have an easier time buying the good gear compared to others that just started playing.

Though I frequently have gear that would be good or even awesome for someone else, I'd rather sell or even give it away then scrap it for crafting materials.
          Had lvl 76 arcanist boots with AR, CR, CD and movement speed drop for me once but since I'm not playing an Arcanist anytime soon that was scrapped for crafting materials, if I could have given it away to someone that could use it I would have though.

So a system that makes it possible for giving away items or trade for another item or you can put up an item for some crafting materials that don't exceed what you would have gotten out it if scrapped, though beeing able to specify what you would like to get for it would be nice.

For example I have an item that if I scrap it would give me a total of X greater essences, X silks, X cloths, X leathers, X MoT's, ...
          I could then put it up for X greater shadow essences, X MoT's and X enchanted leathers, or equivalents.
          That way good items get spread around the community, no one can really gain an easy advantage out of it.

If you have an over abundance of MoT's, they can be put up for the equivalent in gold, crafting materials, ... (no gems).
          Say you have 100 MoT's that you want to get rid off, each MoT could get you X nightcloth, X enchanted leathers, Xk gold, X greater essences of ...
          Where X is a fixed number. Some essences are 'worth' more then others so that has to be taken into account as well.

Comment

Working...
          X