Converting the Set of an item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting the Set of an item

One way to make useful those perfect or really good drops of items from a "bad" set: Bring it to Ingrid, pay her a handsome fee, and she change the set to another one.

So this marvellous but soon to be salvaged drop:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5667.jpeg
Views:	757
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	156942

could become this beauty:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5671.jpeg
Views:	742
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	156941
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

That's a brilliant idea!

I don't think it's gonna happen though, the devs want to encourage crafting....
    KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

Originally posted by Fish knife View Post
      That's a brilliant idea!

I don't think it's gonna happen though, the devs want to encourage crafting....
      I don't see why not. Not a feature today, but some sort of transform, so it actually should not be too difficult and if MF/DP can make money out of it, why not? Adrian (Developer) ?
      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

I saw you chatting on the discord earlier about this and was thinking "man brilliant idea, hope he posts it" I keep getting adventure pants with near perfect stats when I just need stalker pants to finish my set.
        Mobile only
        FERO GUSO NODI 9475
        • Max trial currently complete 103
        • 1200 ish cl
        • Elementals- ELR mage (Gold runner)
        • Zerg - Shield warrior
        • ZergBH - BH stalker (Xp runner)

Comment

• Christian Lamine
          Christian Lamine commented
          Editing a comment
          It is my impression that Stalker items drop very rarely, and when they drop, they drop only at low item levels (AFAIR the highest Stalker item level that I got from a drop was level 73, even after the item level revamp to lvl 77). All other drops are of a significant higher level - I for example got a lvl 77 ion gun as a drop...

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          The general rule seems to be that "the more you need a particular item, the less likely it is to drop." In reality that is probably more of a psychological impression than a deliberate game code. However, it does seem that I get more decent drops for set items that I do not have currently equipped. One option would be to run a different gear set to see if you can get the drops that you need for the different gear set. My Havoc BH often gets drops that I can use on my Stalker BH and vice versa. I am seeing a lot of Assault gear drops, perhaps because I do not have an Assault BH right now, but I do keep an Assault gear set in my stash.

I have not seen a level 77 drop yet. So far my best gear drop has been a level 74 pistol, but I have seen a lot more 71-72 pieces drop.

• Christian Lamine
          Christian Lamine commented
          Editing a comment
          "In reality that is probably more of a psychological impression than a deliberate game code" - I guess I can honestly state that this can't be an issue in my case - solely because I don't really need any Stalker item drops at all. My items have somewhat coordinated stats, so the chance that a drop item has exactly the stats that I depend on that single item and is also of a greater item level is vanishingly small. Thus I do not hope for a Stalker drop at all (I craft all my gear) and just notice that they don't get dropped very often.

Paying by gems is quite fair for this. It would be nicer if its beyond class bound item, e.g. assault shoulder pads to arcanist pads, with necessary stats of course.

Comment

it shouldnt be cheap to do if it was pay by gems. at least a couple 100 gems
          Mobile only
          FERO GUSO NODI 9475
          • Max trial currently complete 103
          • 1200 ish cl
          • Elementals- ELR mage (Gold runner)
          • Zerg - Shield warrior
          • ZergBH - BH stalker (Xp runner)

Comment

I really like your idea. But I think a simpler solution would be to revamp those trash sets (Adventurer, Apprentice etc) so that they are actually worth using at high trials. Otherwise, just get rid of them all together or only have them drop in Story Mode for new players. Those sets are way too high in the drop rotation. A level 77 set of Apprentice gear still can’t compete with a level 70 set of Arcanist with all of the bonuses.

*As I sit here and cry looking at my complete set of celestial level 70 Apprentice gear*

Comment

With this idea I came up to this. Forging lower tier items to craft upper tier items. Crafting uncommon items with the same name and level that will combine their stats.

Example:
              Level 77 uncommon Viscera with CR
              Level 77 uncommon Viscera with CD

​​​​​​Forge the two to craft a rare Viscera with CR and CD

Forging chances:
              Uncommon to Rare - 40%
              Rare to Epic - 20%
              Epic to Legendary - 10%

We can craft an item to use as a protection in forging in case of failure, rarity specific also.

This will encourage more to crafting and will add diversity to the existing crafting system.

Comment

...or bring back the concept of "fusing" 3 of an item to get 1 improved item. But that went away with crafting.

Overall, there are two "distinct" phases of Eternium, the combat/farming phase (timed) and the crafting phase (untimed). I believe that the design concept is to have us build significant skills in both areas. Essentially there both are adverse to P2W.

One negative side of the Crafting design is that everyone tends to get all of the recipes over time (gems or gold) and many folks have 1/3 or 2/3 of them which are not currently applicable to their character(s). A similar case to this is the "Gorillian Brother's" club, which is not allowed to be used by a BH, for example.

Comment

• Anjaeka
                  Anjaeka commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But.... that’s all Teddy had! It’s not Teddy’s fault he only has a puny club. It’s his LUCKY club and you should feel honored he gave it to you! STOP PICKING ON POOR TEDDY!

• lmcelhiney
                  lmcelhiney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, OK!

I don't mind stashing a good item of an unused set, maybe it'll be useful one day. Plus it could be an incentive to try out a different set, if you get several good pieces.

Your idea would make more sense for turning a non-set item into a set item. Take that "Lucky Pistol of Clarity" and turn it into a Tesla pistol at the cost of e.g. 50 each of the Greater Essences plus 500k gold.
                I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X