Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventing running head first into mobs on mobile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing running head first into mobs on mobile.

Many of my toons deaths are from running headfirst into mobs while I actually wanted to attack instead of move.
    I'm certain from comments on the forums I'm not the only one having this problem on mobile.

Having to double tap for moving would be a solution.

Having an option in settings that when you use an ability you start auto attacking the nearest mob would also help. (Exclude Smoke Screen or give it a seperate option setting.)

A tap might mean attack even if not on a mob (could also mean attack the closest mob in attack range without moving) and a double tap means moving to that spot.
    Some boss attacks and specials should then get a tad longer warning, double tapping takes a fraction longer then single tap.

I like how holding your finger on a spot long enough makes you move there and the toon follows your finger, the time needed before your toon starts moving could be lowered a tad though.

I failed to clear a TL by a few seconds, in that same TL I died 3 times because my toon ran head first into a group of mobs, while I wanted my toon to start attacking them.

Could you please look into changing how to move and attack on mobile please?

Comment

I strongly have the impression that DP changed something about moving and targeting a while ago. Before, I often encountered the same problem you describe. But nowadays (I can't pinpoint which update introduced the changes) I feel my toon starts shooting much more often - even if I tapped on an empty spot, it starts attacking the nearest mob. Fun thing is: this is much more annoying, since this has the effect that you are unable to move to a desired location and often make a safe-before spot on the map a bad choice to run to.

I also find that moving and targeting on a mobile is far less than optimal. I feel double-tapping in order to move could provide a solution to the problem at hand. So I'd like to side you in your request, but I'd like to have a setting to disable it if it does not help...
      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
      (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

• kamap
        kamap commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, a setting to disable it would be a good thing.
        Same with the using a ability will make you attack.
        If that is introduced it should also have a setting to disable it. Let's not forget to exclude Smoke Screen or give it a setting on it's own and there might be other abilities that you want to be able to use that won't make you attack afterwards.

This is a long term mobile problem. I sort of solved it by switching to using a stylus instead of my finger. The stylus allows you to have better control of where you are targeting on the screen. You can be more accurate selecting an enemy to target instead of accidentally hitting an empty spot which causes your hero to run blindly into the middle of an angry mob (a.k.a., the Valhalla Death Charge).

Comment

Ozymandius do you only use 1 primary attack with stylus? I tried using stylus on my Galaxy Note 9 and it worked great for single taps, but a 2 tap had to be done with finger. Plus I started deforming tip by tapping too hard during battles.
        Maybe someone can come up with a double tipped stylus for mobile gamers.
        Last edited by RockDoc; 12-21-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
          Ozymandius do you only use 1 primary attack with stylus? I tried using stylus on my Galaxy Note 9 and it worked great for single taps, but a 2 tap had to be done with finger. Plus I started deforming tip by tapping too hard during battles.
          Maybe someone can come up with a double tipped stylus for mobile gamers.
          I use the stylus to draw runes more accurately and to redirect targeting of my BH attacks after moving. I was having the same problem with tapping on a mob and having my BH charge right into the middle of the mob instead of simply redirecting weapon fire. I almost never have that problem on PC because the mouse targeting is much more accurate on a large screen size, so I switched to using a stylus on my tablet to get more accurate control. If you try to tap an enemy and hit a blank spot on screen it triggers a death charge, but if you can successfully target an enemy it redirects your firing instead.

I agree it is still difficult to switch from one primary attack to another on mobile, so I mostly stick to one primary attack for mobs and a secondary attack for bosses (lethal shot if needed). I am still in the low 100s since trials were buffed, and I am still working on the "stick and move" style of a BH, but stylus seems to help me. I played mostly Warrior for so long that I got used to moving headlong into large mobs on purpose, so it has been an adjustment to the different battle style (and lower armor/vitality) of a BH.

Comment

Working...
          X