Useful locked chests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful locked chests

I noticed that apparently locked chests never have set equipment, I think if they had the chests became more useful, a cost increase in gems for the chests containing set equipment would be acceptable.
    Last edited by Nirak; 01-02-2020, 08:09 PM.

Originally posted by Nirak View Post
    I noticed that apparently locked chests never have set equipment, I think if they had the chests became more useful, a cost increase in gems for the chest containing set equipment would be acceptable.
    Yes, and if the virtually useless Daily Reward chests had anything in them, we'd like to see that, too. I don't bother to even look at the locked chests in story mode. They do occasionally have crafting resources and the occasional Integralas cape.

Another idea would be to put some rarely occurring but occasional super rare item... a celestial essences, say or a 73+ set item, players would at least look into their overpriced items.
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Considering Gornathan sells a single non-set purple armour piece for 200+ gems those chests are a steal Have to agree with all above, no point in looking what's inside nevermind opening the chests.

Comment

Story mode should drop higher level items (currently up to 72), locked chests should include set and higher level items, daily award boxes should also have higher level items (including one in month set item piece). Pre 77 level cap I was looking for nice 72 integral in locked chests from time to time, now it’s pointless.

Comment

There was a time when some alternate players greatly benefit from those chests

Comment

I got the following in the locked chest on the second act, "Ruins of the Dead" in World 1. I was running my gold mining BH through each act in first world to collect gems. It was my second run through Act 2. May not be a set item, but I certainly wouldn't call it worthless. Cost 80 gems to open chest and another 80 gems to reforge Dodge rating to EG, but still worth it to me.
            Sometimes locked chests hold a goodie, sometimes not. But it doesn't hurt to look.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200107-132245.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	158838
            Last edited by RockDoc; 01-08-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
              I got the following in the locked chest on the second act, "Ruins of the Dead" in World 1. I was running my gold mining BH through each act in first world to collect gems. It was my second run through Act 2. May not be a set item, but I certainly wouldn't call it worthless. Cost 80 gems to open chest and another 80 gems to reforge Dodge rating to EG, but still worth it to me.
              Sometimes locked chests hold a goodie, sometimes not. But it doesn't hurt to look.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200107-132245.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	158838
              Wait, you think paying 160 gems was a good deal for a lvl72 Integralas Mantle? Which you can craft with ~200k gold? In which case you get your desired stats (no need to reroll anything) and a chance of it to roll up to lvl77?
              I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

• Ozymandius
                Ozymandius commented
                Editing a comment
                The actual "cost" of the cape (in this case 80 gems) really depends on what other resources you have on hand. You cannot just craft an IM without a stash of gold, greater essences (36 for each attribute selected), and 15 MoTs. With the 10k gem bonuses from the season awards, I usually have more gems than any of those other resources, especially the MoTs. For an ANB event, where resources are limited, this would be an excellent find. If you are running endgame gear, not so much...

• RockDoc
                RockDoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Ozymandius. See my comment below.

Considering it was better than any IM that I've crafted to date (maybe 2 dozen), yeah, it was worth gems. Besides, my main point was to show that not all locked chests contain useless gear.

Comment

• Ozymandius
                Ozymandius commented
                Editing a comment
                Set pieces like this one a few and far between, but they do randomly turn up from time to time. You can look at the contents of a chest before you buy, so you are only risking a couple of seconds for a potential gain. Probably not worth the time if you are running end game gear, but I always look to see if there is a gear upgrade during ANB events, especially when just getting a new hero started.

• RockDoc
                RockDoc commented
                Editing a comment
                I should have noted this was gold mining BH on my beta account. The one where I recently, accidentally deleted my previous gold mining BH with all their best gear. Since I just got my season 2 gem/gold bonus I found the cost acceptable. That account is also limited in MoTs so my ability to craft set or unique gear is highly restricted. I had already spent far more gems on crafting chests trying to increase account resources; so that locked chest was a bargain relative to what I've spent replacing and rebuilding my gold miner.

Yes you can find carnival or integral cape, both max 72. With lvl 77 items better chance is for trial drop, I got my 76 carnival EG farming exp. Locked chests should really give a chance for a nice item since you pay gems for unlock.

Comment

If you lool at it from distance you can tell many things are rip off or they didn't make adecvat changes. Since im Polish and I know how polish government work I stoped being naive long time ago. If its not a rip its disrespect to a player. If first and second option I mentioned is false we will have changes for which I hope. Game have potential. Time is needed. One thing that pisses me off is lack of comunication from DP and solid plan future to tell. Lack of transparency of future improvements and plans combined with lack of comunication means (for me) there is a chaos. When is chaos you are not sure of future and not sure what exactly say so its better say nothing. Thats the viev from my perspective. Please correct me Travis if im wrong.
                Arigato!

Comment

Ozymandius RockDoc good points, I didn't take into account the ANB factor. I have farmed XP with a mediocre Epic IM in ANB for almost 500 PLs before I got the means to get a Legendary one. In which case if I had the opportunity to get a decent IM + mats + gold for 80 gems, I would grab it with my eyes closed (not being sarcastic)

Originally posted by Wolf86PL View Post
                  One thing that pisses me off is lack of comunication from DP and solid plan future to tell. Lack of transparency of future improvements and plans combined with lack of comunication means (for me) there is a chaos.
                  How many other mobile games do you play and do you discuss with developers of other mobile games in Discord or any media other than (at best) a Facebook page?

I and another couple of players made topics in the Suggestion subforum a while ago, saying that relying only on crafting to get lvl75 items goes against the ARPG mentality, as their normal drop rate is abysmally low. A couple of dozen other players agreed through a reply on those topics, or just a "like". I DM'd the topics to Red in Discord and he responded almost immediately, acknowledging that he and the team have already seen these topics and understand what we are saying, even though they do not reply on all these topics.
                  Two weeks later a new patch comes out and now people are posting their lvl76/77 drops in Discord every day, getting lvl75+ items every few TL runs.

Compare this to any other mobile game developer: patch comes out of nowhere, no warning, no hints about it coming, they change 25-30 major gameplay elements but the patch notes in Google Play store only state the first 5 changes plus a "etc." or "and more". No way to discuss or argue anything with anyone; at best you have a support email that sends you an automatic response saying "thank you for your feedback, we'll forward it to our developers" and a Facebook page where you cannot create a new topic and if you post a suggestion or complain on an existing post about e.g. an upcoming Christmas promotional event, your message is lost within minutes.

tl;dr: Maybe we're used to the communication options on non-mobile games, where the publisher is a multi-billion revenue software behemoth who can afford to have a dev team of 15 people + several community managers per region + dozens of forum moderators, or maybe we're even spoiled by the attention that we used to get by the Eternium team some years ago when fewer people were playing the game and the devs could afford to sit down and chat with us in detail about how a skill works, or what should the new sets offer.
                  In any case, you and me are not stakeholders, DP or MF are not obliged to discuss their future plans with the player base and the fact that they already do so to a certain degree, is an added and welcome bonus that cannot be labelled "Lack of communication" by any standard.
                  I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

I personally believe that devs are doing good job with changes, what I would like is to have them communicated. Currently information that could be provided to players include: when next season and ANB starts (or that it is not planned for next couple weeks) and if they plan to increase item level cap next season (so I know if I should craft items or wait).

Comment

Chosen i dont do other games and i dont care about other games. Im highly adicted to Eternium like many of us. Things im writening about is me beieng a litlle junky and complaining about my diler. I know my diler can be better. I understand other point of view. I simply want to be my diler best of the best. You know why? I will tell you my co-game friend. They have potential, and if you have one dont waste it. Make it better. Thats why I can be rude, provocative. If it would be other way I woud not give a f#ck

Comment

Hmm i think i should write "dealer" like drug dealer. You know junky (drug addict) and hes main source of drugs.

Comment

Working...
                    X