Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, tighten those "ambush" quests

Hi there!

Today, as I ran my daily quests, I was set to accomplish two "ambush" type quests: "Ambush at the bones" and "Smoking them out".

Can you imagine how boring it is, to have no other choice then to wait until this whole ordeal is over, when you're running a character at CL 2k+? And there's simply no way of speeding things up. You have to wait until it's over.

So please: could you please bind the spawn rate of enemies to the champion level facing them? I wouldn't mind if they spawn all at once. Even if tripple the amount would be spawned. I just would like to get by these quests and move on to something more entertaining. So, please: either speed things up or remove these quest type from the dailies...
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
    (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

I agree 100%.

When faced with running these levels, I usually run around the perimeter a few times, giving the bad guys a chance to assemble, so that it vaguely resembles a fight. Makes it a little bit less boring.

Comment

I enjoy these quests they are simple to do and I can make dinner at the same time. The time it takes is the time it takes. I realIy do not understand the complaints about the daily quests and the boredom problems. Remember they are daily quests if you want the gems than you will do the quests no matter how fun or boring they are. If one does something everyday no matter what it is at some point some part of that activity will be boring.
      Please be grateful we have a new questing system and all the other things the Dev's had added to the game, we are in a bit of a lull right now, be patient enjoy the wait, and try to be flexible and not so rigid because the game is changing and it bothers you, have faith in the Dev's to bring everything back even better than Ever! Including the leaderboards...Happy Grinding!

Comment

• Kuro P
        Kuro P commented
        Editing a comment
        I also agree with you, the devs changed the old daily quest system, but that does not mean every season they have to change it because it gets boring for the long run. Sorry but I am satisfied with the current daily quests aside the disappearing quest mobs due to random spawns, and I am enjoying farming gems at The Fiery Pits, I intenionally kill myself once, put the hero in any side of the map, wait until he cleans the mobs, click on the ad box, then repeat. That way I can farm gems while at work

• Christian Lamine
        Christian Lamine commented
        Editing a comment
        Kuro P, no one asked the devs to change "the questing system". No one. What was asked was simply to either speed up the ambush type quests by adjusting their spawn rate or remove them from the pool of quests for the daily quests. This has nothing to do with changing the questing system. Nice that "you are satisfied", others are obviously not.

Originally posted by Ramdango View Post
      I enjoy these quests they are simple to do and I can make dinner at the same time.
      You do register the intrinsic error you state here, do you? You say, you enjoy these quests, you start them - and then you go and make dinner? Yup, that really sounds like "enjoying these quests".

It's so sad that folks like you have obviously completely unlearned how to deal with criticism. Who is more invested in a thing: the one that tries to make suggestions on how to improve something or the one that just states "it's fine like it is, I do something else meanwhile"?

Fact is: if you're running a high CL character through these ambush type quests, you die from boredom, because the enemies spawned actually are able to take just one single step before they fall to the ground. Fact is, gems are an important ingame currency one simply just can't "let go", just because they way of acquiring it is boring. Fact is, there ARE things to do in Eternium that are way more entertaining than running low-level quests. So, why exactly do you want to force people to go through that? Shouldn't Eternium be fun for all? And, the "likes" my original post got show clearly that I am not the only one feeling this way.

So please, spare me the arrogant "Please be grateful" attitude. I am grateful, I just try to improve things.
      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

• Kuro P
        Kuro P commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok calm down, buddy. You don't need that kind of high emotions (like I imagine how you tell us that in person lol). I know exactly that you need improvements. Maybe add a "fast forward" buttons, 1.5x and 2x or even thrice the speed might be enough. Thoughts? But please inhale, exhale first, ok? ​​​​​​​

• Christian Lamine
        Editing a comment
        Kuro P - there's a german saying, that fits my response just perfectly: "Wie es in den Wald hinein ruft, so schallt es heraus". Translated word by word: "How someone shouts into the woods, it echoes out of them". Translated more appropriately: how someone addresses others, those address him in return in the same manner. So, if someone approaches me with a pretty arrogant and belitteling attitude, he must take into consideration that I might react not that friendly. I guess most wouldn't.

Regarding your suggestion: you do realize that you suggest exactly the same as I do in my original posting, do you? Speeding things up? So, what was your point?

• Christian Lamine
        Editing a comment
        Kuro P - just a heads up: I was made aware that my last comment might read like I meant you. This is not the case. Your comment above is placed on a posting of me where I quote Ramdango - not you. And therefore, my clarification in my comment above was also directed towards Ramdango, not you. Only the very last sentence of my comment above is actually related to you / your suggestion.

I guess I encountered someone who needs his social and interpersonal skills must be improved. Travis | Support Mgr., does this forum have a block option? Lol

Comment

• Christian Lamine
        Editing a comment
        Is your personal "ignore" function out of order? Seems that's not the only thing that needs to be fixed. Also, your text understanding seems to have suffered some damage... just saying.

Edit: If the following does not make sense that is because the post that prompted this response was deleted. Just leave it at the deleted post was offensive.

Whoo doggie! Everyone step back for a minute. Let us not go down to the pits of making assumptions about where someone is from nor what their capabilities are though it is always best to write here assuming that the readers are not native English speakers as so many are not.

There are benefits to the current Daily Quest system and there are some parts of the change that have created some dissatisfaction. Overall? I find that the new system is an improvement but do lament some of the things we have lost, particularly the automatic aspect.

Some of the pros? They added gold and experience from the quests. They increased the number of quests. The quests now involve all four acts.

Some of the cons? They made it more difficult to fulfill the Merlok quest and pretty much forced you to run Marcus' Village. You have to actively run the quests now while before you could clear the quests automatically. You are forced to run levels that have spawning and that spawning can take quite some time and get rather irritating, this includes more than just the ambush quests. We are forced to run the same levels over and over again which forces us into random starting points unless we regularly create new heroes.

It is great that someone has found The Fiery Pits to be useful for farming gems. More power to you and enjoy all the gems, I am envious of the ones you have accumulated. Choosing to run The Fiery Pits for farming is different than having to run The Fiery Pits for quests.

Forget about making dinner while running one level for one quest. I used to be able to run all the quests while sleeping.

Yes, anything that you have to do repeatedly to accomplish a larger goal gets boring. This is no different from a basketball player that has to spend hours practicing free throw shooting because he wants to have a better outcome for his game. That does not mean that he can't look for making the mundane feel less burdensome.

Everyone back to your neutral corners and take a breather.

This is Feedback & Suggestions and everyone is allowed to offer theirs and also to give an opinion on the feedback given.

The change proposed by Christian would also have an impact on those that like to speed arm gems. The levels that Christian is referencing are the ones that take the longest while speed farming exactly because of the long, long time it takes for the spawning to complete. There are pros and there are cons to the proposal from Christian.

Can we all just step back and remember that we are all here to enjoy playing a game?

Can we drop all this banter about ignoring and blocking and speak our peace and move along?

I wonder how much of the flare-up is due to the tone we assign to other's posts while we read the post which could be very different from the tone intended by the author.

And yes, there is an Ignore List in your account settings that says it is to block certain users' posts but I have not the faintest idea how it works though now you have me really curious since you quote posts and everything. I think ignoring a users' posts would be a bit extreme though.

I have one simple question to ask ...

Other than interfering with one's ability to make dinner while running a level is there any downside to having the enemies spawn faster, maybe tied to the hero's Champion Level, for the ambush daily quests? Maybe even just when a daily quest is active?

That is truly the question on the table and not wholesale changing of the daily quests.

Can we all play nice now? I appreciate both Kuro P and Christian Lamine as contributors here and think the exchange has blown out of proportions.

You may both feel free to team up on me and rip me a new one if you have to do any further complaining. I have some metal. I can take it.
      Last edited by Tin Man; 03-03-2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Ubba Lothbrokson
        Ubba Lothbrokson commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said, sir!!!

• RockDoc
        RockDoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on, Tin. Agree wholeheartedly. Let's not be antagonistic towards each other because of minor differences in how we like to play the game. It's just a game for God's sake, let's keep it fun and friendly.

My apologies if I have offended anyone, I do realize this is a feedback and suggestion thread and no one should be afraid to post anything they would like to see changed in the game, no matter how big or trivial it may seem to Me....What matters is its your feedback and you have that right!
      And just to set the record straight I do all of my dailies when I making dinner for my family, Thats normal for me because thats about the time the new quests start for the day. I understand how easy it was to make the points that were made by others, but I enjoy Eternium and its not boring! Happy Grinding Everyone!

Comment

My apologies if I have offended anyone
        Accepted.

And just to set the record straight I do all of my dailies when I making dinner for my family,
        See, and that's where your gaming experience differs from others. I for example tend to actually pay attention to the game when I am playing - even when I am running dailies. Truth is, I can't even afford to not pay attention when I play the mentioned "ambush" type quests. The reason? My character kills off spawned enemies so fast that he stops auto-attacking several times due to the lack of enemies alive. If I don't pay attention then, newly spawned mobs gather around my hero and kill him, because he does not restart auto-attacking once he has stopped and would therefore eventually be killed even by the weakest mobs.

And since I am "forced" to pay attention to these quests, I'd like to get past them as quick as possible, since they are no real thrill to complete.

And, just to straighten things up: I never said "Eternium is boring". If this would be the case for me, I would've stopped playing a long time ago - but I now play this game for over one and a half year, day by day. I just said that there are chores in this game that I'd like to have the ability to get by faster.
        Last edited by Christian Lamine; 03-02-2020, 04:25 PM. Reason: Grammar
        MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

Sorry that I misunderstood you Christian Lamine and you're very right Arnold Fernandez , I guess this is not the right platform to me to express my thoughts. Maybe this will be my last visit in this forum. I got discriminated and thought racism is not present here. I'll still play until I'll find a new game that fits my "comprehension" and "understanding". Goodbye.

Comment

• Tin Man
            Tin Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Please do not go because one person went there. Leaving a forum that has welcomed you and has good people just because one person was very wrong just lets those that are wrong win.

Be more concerned if those expressing distasteful ideas are not held accountable by the community as a whole. I believe, that while not being as blunt with the wording, there are those here that responded to the comments made by Arnold so his thoughts were not supported.

• Christian Lamine
            Editing a comment
            Racism has no place here! Stupid comments based upon avatar images and making unfounded assumptions is totally unacceptable. I'm totally open to a live (and controversial) discussion, but I will ignore everyone that's swaying out of bounds of a civilised conversation (even disputes can be kept civilized). The only form of discrimination I am willing to take is discrimination of merlok toads and skeletons.

• Ubba Lothbrokson
            Ubba Lothbrokson commented
            Editing a comment
            What have you got against those poor toads? I think they're kind of cute. They make the most adorable noise when you kill them!

Skeletons on the other hand...

And I agree with both Tin Man and Christian Lamine. This is a community that spans the globe. All are welcome as long as they behave nicely toward others.
            Last edited by Ubba Lothbrokson; 03-03-2020, 03:44 PM.
        Working...
        X