ANB ephemeral crafting: make items salvagable again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB ephemeral crafting: make items salvagable again

Although I really appreciate the new ephemeral crafting, I do not like crafted ephemeral items being unsalvagable.

And this is for one simple reason: as a Bounty Hunter, you need Mithril to craft weapons, as both a Mage and a Warrior it's enchanted leather. Since the drops consist of armor pieces mostly, these materials are very rare to come by for the ANB characters. So, the main source of those ingredients is from crafters crates, either from step fulfilment rewards or from the vendor. Farming for these materials is no real option due to the very limited time the character has at hand.

Moreover, I'd like to ask why salvaging crafted items is deactivated in the first place. Salvaging items is one of the key principles of the crafting system, even more so, since it is also a perk ("Scrapper").

So, I'd strongly suggest that salvaging crafted ephemeral items is enabled to allow players to make more use of the new crafting system.
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
    (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

I understand from where you are coming and had similar impressions. They can not just turn salvaging back on but I am betting you already assumed that they could not. Optimally? It would seem the best solution would be to have a separate salvaging method for ANB just like there is a separate crafting method. The two should have gone hand-in-hand. Turning off salvaging is a somewhat unpalatable solution.

The problem is that unless the change the salvaging code to adjust for the less expensive crafting you would experience huge returns from crafting. You can already lose only gold and get minor bumps in essences and stuff when crafting some sweet spots. When the crafting material requirements are reduced by 80% the ability to farm materials from just crafting would seem to become a bigger issue.

Yes, the cost reductions are huge but no salvage whatsoever leaves a bit of a bad taste.

Comment

I agree that salvage returns should reflect the materials being invested. But this should be no real problem since the returns could also be limited percent wise like the investments were. This would also tackle the problem you mentioned by crafting sweet spots and thereby gaining material...
      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
      (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

No big deal in my opinion.
        VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
        Eternium Walkthrough
        LFAQ

Comment

You can always buy basic resource crate for 25k gold and craft it or buy another resource crate for gems. Atleast that's what i did with enchanted leather for my mage (i went with the 25k gold option) and didn't really see a big problem there. In the end i ended pretty much with zero resources and around 2mil gold so i'd say i balanced my crafting quite well.

Comment

Working...
          X