Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mage’s Regalia set REALLY needs some upgrading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mage’s Regalia set REALLY needs some upgrading.

Mage’s Regalia set REALLY needs some help. It’s been mentioned before, but it’s painfully obvious that the ELR/GMC combo is seriously lacking. The leaderboard is flooded with Arcanist sets. Arcanist is great for players who are on PC, but for those of us who play mobile, IT SUCKS. I thought that the whole point in having set diversity was to make customizable heroes that were able to be competitive. I think there was ONE Regalia set in the top 100 on the mage leaderboard. This speaks volumes as to the inadequacy of the ELR/GMC combo. There’s already a huge gap between PC and mobile players. Please give us a set that those of us on mobile can compete with.

All I agree, but in top 100 ther ia at least 3 of us

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      If there are only 3 out of the top 100, that is pretty clear evidence of imbalance in my book. It is a similar case with Havoc BH not being able to compete with the Stalker BH build. Both ELR and Havoc are fine at lower trial levels but after trial 100 things become very imbalanced.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I counted 11 yesterday in the season leaderboard! The weakness of ELR becomes very apparent at TL100 - a good Arc mage can clear TL100 using an exp farm set faster than a good ELR mage in full push gear.

Originally posted by Wolf86PL View Post
    All I agree, but in top 100 ther ia at least 3 of us
    On the seasonal LB or ANB?

Comment

• Wolf86PL
      Wolf86PL commented
      Editing a comment
      LB. In ANB i think there will be more.

We all forgetting about adventure and Aprentice.
    Weapons too.

If they stay junk take them from drop. Same goes for shields drop for mage. Feck off shield!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finish my speed runs for MoT on TL90:

11 x Adventeture
    7 x Aprentice
    3 x DR + 1 Necronomicon hahaha
    3 x shield (1 x Encrypted lvl77 )

So total of 23 items are not of use only for MoT. I keep high lvl items just in case :P
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wolf86PL; 04-17-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that ANB gives CTs instead of lvl 70 celestials, I agree Adventurers gear and Shields have no place (I used to make the worst possible lvl 70 celestials with those boxes, with purposely bad stat choices. Adventurers and Shields were my items of choice - since these were all destined to be turned immediately into CEs). Apprentice gear still has a use - namely to trick people into collecting the full set in the mistaken belief that the auto-proc Immolate would trigger Shatter if you took the GMC weapons set (which obviously it doesn't)

We all forgetting about adventure and Aprentice.
    Weapons too.

If they stay junk take them from drop. Same goes for shields drop for mage. Feck off shield!
    I TOTALLY AGREE. Nobody wants/needs/uses any of those. They either need to be greatly revamped or eliminated.

Comment

Completely agree that ELR needs a bit of buff. My general thoughts on what could be done are probably very different to most ELR mages.....

1. Frost Bolt - Base damage at level 10 needs to increase from it's current 600% weapon damage. It's just a tickle stick at high TL. Maybe 750% - 800% would help?
      2. Shatter - currently at 3000% weapon damage. Maybe push this up to 3500%? It used to be 4000% which matches Arc Mage ripple, but ripple has a much smaller aoe so I wouldn't expect them to match (I accept Arc mage can get a lot more ripple procs than ELR mage shatters)
      3. Blizzard - I'm not in the camp that says this should have a 100% proc rate for Northern Wind. To help mobile, whilst not breaking PC, the most I'd change the rate is from 7% to 10%

I believe Frost Nova is purposely weak, the payoff for that is that it guarantees Northern Wind from which other skills then derive much increased damage. My opinion is that it's designed as a farming ability and not intended for the highest TLs. Blizzard is designed for damage and high TLs - the low proc rate for Northern Wind is somewhat offset that it has multiple chances to proc for each cast (I actually saw 5 procs off 1 cast in the Training Grounds, but I'll be making a separate topic once I've finished testing).

Of course the hardest challenge in balancing - if it makes ELR competetive on mobile against Arc on PC, then it makes it superior on PC and all the PC players flock to the new best build (after much grumbling about wasted Celestials) and the mobile players end up right back in the same uncompetitive position.

I know my random musings won't be what a lot of ELR mages want, that's fine, I'm sure we all have different ideas on improvements. The only thing that's a certainty - I love the play style of ELR and have no intentions of defecting to the dark arts of Arc!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wispy View Post
        3. Blizzard - I'm not in the camp that says this should have a 100% proc rate for Northern Wind. To help mobile, whilst not breaking PC, the most I'd change the rate is from 7% to 10% ...
        I am in that camp and not to help just mobile but make ELR consistent. Frankly you can't have main source of damage be RNG dependent. Once NW would be 100% from blizzard (let's say lvl 10 blizzard) you can fine tune other skills and abilities. Some fine tuning to elemental charges would be fine too. Higher damage and/or damage reduction and the charges should last the whole time not drop by 1 after 3 seconds (or whatever the time allocated to 1 charge is).

To help mobile i would prolong duration of some buffs so they are easier to come by on mobile (for example buff from shards of frozen time lasts only for 9 seconds, impossible on mobile to have the buff several times in a row, raise it to 15 seconds or so, i know it would make arcanist on PC more powerful but probably not by much since everyone aims for this anyway and you can already achieve 95+% uptime during the whole trial run)

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm probably in a camp of 1 on the Blizzard proc. Less a camp, more an isolation unit lol

• mahara
          mahara commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't worry Wispy. I won't hold it against you Plus i know you are usually wrong
          Everyone has some take on this and since you are pretty much the top ELR mage your opinion is very valuable.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got a load of test ideas for the Training Grounds to check Northern Winds procs, but I'll need to record them and playback at quarter speed to count the procs at higher hits per second. My 'back of a napkin' reasoning is, assuming 6 hits per second, on a single target then 100 casts of Blizzard should be 126 procs (6 x 3 x 100) = 1800 hits, at 7% chance to proc = 126 procs. Obviously that wont be the case because I'm usually wrong, and the casts / sample size is too small. I'm going to look at either 500 or 1000 casts, depends how bored I get!!! I do like your idea of increased durations, that would really help mobile.

Another thing is Blink... should work like teleport and Death from ABove bonus from shoulders of rgalia.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Having something extra from the armour pieces is something I like the sound of. What that should be, I have no idea, but I still like your thinking!

Originally posted by Wispy View Post
        Of course the hardest challenge in balancing - if it makes ELR competetive on mobile against Arc on PC, then it makes it superior on PC and all the PC players flock to the new best build (after much grumbling about wasted Celestials) and the mobile players end up right back in the same uncompetitive position.
        you wrote an excellent post with a lot of detail. I won't be responding to any of that here hahaha

I will say you make a fair general point about player behavior if ELR becomes better on PC than arcanist, but it's clear right now that even on PC, ELR is worse - there are just three of you carrying the torch in the top 50, and one of them has like 4.5m damage, which i can't even fathom, and they're only 29th or so.

My eternium progression has been like this:
        * ELR on Mobile @ 30 fps
        * discover ELR on PC @ 60 fps and immediately gain 5 TLs (makes me wonder what 120 fps would be like!)
        * play my first arcanist in this last ANB and immediately gain 10 TLs with similar level equipment (ELR is stuck at 109; arcanist is working on 119 both have level 77 weapons with good attributes, etc)

My arcanist gear is slight better now than my ELR gear, but not 10 TLs, so for now, my ELR mage is relegated to speed runs of daily quests :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Montresor View Post

* discover ELR on PC @ 60 fps and immediately gain 5 TLs (makes me wonder what 120 fps would be like!)
          Pretty much the same

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I also wonder. I have a 4th gen Kindle for farming, and a potato for pushing - all very bargain basement stuff

• Montresor
            Montresor commented
            Editing a comment
            i was sure you guys had to be running 120. now i have nothing to blame it on but my technique hahahaha.

alright, back to practicing rounding up mobs without dieing!

• mahara
            mahara commented
            Editing a comment
            There's really only slightly difference from what i can tell and only while pushing the highest trials. And since i need to restart eternium from time to time while playing at 140 FPS i tend to play at 60 FPS all the time.
            I myself was always wondering why ppl are saying you have higher damage at higher FPS. If so i was robbed and want my promised damage

Another thing is Blink... should work like teleport and Death from ABove bonus from shoulders of rgalia.
          Death From Above and Frost Beam sadly suffer from the same impracticality as Frost Nova at higher trial levels. One possible way to make them a viable skill would be the ability to cast another spell while still engaged in DFA or FB.
          Last edited by Anjaeka; 04-18-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X