ANB suggestion: add rewards for story mode progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB suggestion: add rewards for story mode progress

Adding rewards for progressing in story mode can bring in some variety to the event - what do you think? It's a pity that there's a good story line which we skip in the event, and use for gem farming only out of the event.

Currently anb-s are focused on trials only. For experienced players it's trials from the 5th minute (or 30th depending on how they level up to 70). In bronze that's 12 hours of trials

Story mode rewards can offer an alternative path. Newer players would enjoy going through the whole story, us try-hards will try to get the rewards as fast as possilble, while maximizing xp/gold in the process

Bigger rewards should be hard to get, e.g. a CT box and a medal upon completing Legendary, Jbox/big crafting box on Heroic, and some boosters along the way. A small gem bonus for completing the next difficulty would be nice (also applies out of anb).

Thus in gold some will strive for getting all 3CTs, others will skip story mode and aim straight for the leaderboard. It won't be easy to balance the rewards, as this has to account for different players' drive both in the event and out of it, as well the trade-offs following one path instead of the other. E.g. spending time in story mode would mean gaining less xp and a lower leaderboard ranking, which can be compensated with a medal. It also means less gold than gold farming, which can be compensated with gold boosters.
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Agree with you.

I was also thinking about this suggestion before.
    LUQA MIYE HOSI 1072

Steampunk - Stalker Bounty Hunter (Main Trial Pusher)
    Quinn - Assault Bounty Hunter (Gold Farmer)
    Cyberpunk - Warlord's/Fury Warrior (Fun Trial Pusher)
    Blackwidow - Warlord's/Furry Warrior (Exp Farmer)
    Punkd/Pinkd - Stalker/Warrior (ANB Runner)

S3 #52; S4 #35

Comment

Finishing story mode 3 times is just about the time spending, not a competitive moment, and I think it doesn't fit the concept of competitive Event.

Comment

When ANB was introduced, finishing story mode had milestone rewards for normal, epic, and legendary. In that time, there were no leagues yet — and there's no event timer, so anyone can play the whole day while the event runs. So anybody can finish the 3 acts (yes, 3, because act 4 was not released yet). The rewards structure for the event changed drastically when the current crafting system, act 4, and the gold, silver, and gold leagues and event timer was added, and the milestone rewards for finishing the 3 difficulties was removed
        Last edited by Benedicto; 05-21-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Coldet
          Coldet commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I was sad when they dropped the Story milestone rewards

This is kind of a fun idea. You wouldn't have to do the story. If you wanted, you could do all trials. Love the idea of having options for rewards.

Would it make sense to have different timers? Not sure how long it takes to run story mode. Same 8 day window.

Comment

Maybe also slow down the event timer when in story mode. Right now there is little incentive to go beyond Act 1.
          Oops, didn’t get to Montresor’s post. Strike mine and count it as an agree.
          Last edited by Travis | Support Mgr.; 06-05-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

The developers have done a lot of work to provide quests to provide special rewards for ANB Story Mode. You can get essentially an entire Adventurer set of gear plus good weapons and good rings. I mix and match on ANB Bronze, because there is time to do both Story Mode and Trials for my < TL80-style.

It really is not just a competitive event...

Comment

'It really is not just a competitive event...' - thanks for bringing in this perspective as well

For me it's not easy to keep it non-competitive - with the CTs, medals, leaderboard I'm always tempted to push a bit further... Not complaining, I enjoyed this bronze marathon, even though I only managed to finish my timer half an hour before the event ended.

Reflecting upon my original suggestion - I still think rewards for completing story mode would be great, however a CT for legendary would be too much. It would make celestials less valuable and also players would feel obliged to get it, turning it into a chore. A good crafting crate/medals/gems/boosters seem like a good incentive to me though.
              Mage: Anba
              Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Coldet
                Coldet commented
                Editing a comment
                Ooh I like that - yes please drop a Legendary crate for completing legendary! That would be a sweet motivator for those that can’t fork out the 2.5k gems. Those that can afford it would not chase after it anyway.
            Working...
            X