Lock leaderboard but leave it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock leaderboard but leave it up

When an event ends, please leave the leaderboard up so people can see how they did. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to lock it when the event ends rather than remove it.
    I checked the board with 8 mins to go, and fought and won my highest trial with I believe a slight improvement on the time. However, the leaderboard disappeared before I could check it.

The leaderboards being "locked away" like that is from the years of people complaining about the "cheaters on the LB" so this was I'm sure their way to fix it. People asked to not see the cheaters, well there you go, be careful what you ask (or nag) for now you can't see anything.

​​​​​
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Originally posted by Skyla View Post
      The leaderboards being "locked away" like that is from the years of people complaining about the "cheaters on the LB" so this was I'm sure their way to fix it. People asked to not see the cheaters, well there you go, be careful what you ask (or nag) for now you can't see anything.

​​​​​
      The request was not to be able to see the non-event leaderboard. The request was to leave the Season leaderboard up after the event finishes. Right now? The leaderboard disappears as soon as the event finishes so you have no way of checking to see what your final, unofficial ranking was.

The request is really no different than being able to see the ANB leaderboards after the event is over. You are able to see the leaderboard for the ANB up until the time you End Event. Being able to see the ANB leaderboard after than event ends allows you to check your final, unofficial ranking. If the ANB leaderboards disappeared as soon as the event ended? The result would be the same as it is presently with Seasons.

Seasons are competitive. Being able to check your final, unofficial result would seem to be fundamental to a competitive event. What harm is there in leaving the Season leaderboard up until the next Season starts? Just lock the leaderboard and leave the ability to view it. Right now? If I take a two-week vacation during the last two weeks of the Season and have a nice vacation where I do not worry about Internet access, e-mail or phone? I would be completely clueless where I stood when the Season ended.

I am sure that Season leaderboards exist somewhere and there should be a way to allow players to view the most recent Season leaderboards while not generating all the complaints about alternate rules. I can still view the leaderboard from Bronze #4, keep in mind that Bronze #5 just ended. I am also still able to view the non-event leaderboard and must say that there are some players out there that have results that are miraculous.

TL;DR: Seasons are competitive. Allow us to view the results after the event ends.

Comment

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        There was always complaint about cheaters and confusion about the fact that once the devs had gone through and filtered out the cheaters, that it wouldn't effect anyone's actual position. The devs fixed all the complaining by making the LB not visible until they can filter the cheaters and give actual positioning.
        Last edited by Skyla; 06-10-2020, 09:38 PM.

• .sad.soul.
        .sad.soul. commented
        Editing a comment
        Couldn't have said it any better myself Tin Man.

Anyone who actual cares about their position has checked, and checked, and checked again, up to the very minute that the event ends. Why do you need to look at it after? You've looked at it for 6+days
      QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        The only negativity is coming from the two of you. Y'all blew this way outta proportion
        Last edited by Skyla; 06-10-2020, 09:39 PM.

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, not sorry that y'all got triggered. Maybe he shouldn't troll people's posts and they won't troll him back
        Much love

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        But I love our little discussions.

I do not shy away from a productive conversation. Do you?

You have not triggered me in the least.

Anyone who actual cares about their position has checked, and checked, and checked again, up to the very minute that the event ends. Why do you need to look at it after? You've looked at it for 6+days
      Really? Hmm, I finished my last and highest trial after the Season ended and have no idea where I ended up. By the time I finished the trial? The leaderboard was already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

Really? Hmm, I finished my last and highest trial after the Season ended and have no idea where I ended up. By the time I finished the trial? The leaderboard was already gone.
        What good does looking at the LB after the event is over do you? The fact that you forgot what spot you were in when it ended is nobody's fault or issue but your own. Pay attention to the LB before it ends and you won't be confused when they're not there? The fact you finished a trial after it ended has absolutely nothing to do with it since it wouldn't effect your positioning on the event LB anyway?
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

What good does looking at the LB after the event is over do you? The fact that you forgot what spot you were in when it ended is nobody's fault or issue but your own. Pay attention to the LB before it ends and you won't be confused when they're not there? The fact you finished a trial after it ended has absolutely nothing to do with it since it wouldn't effect your positioning on the event LB anyway?
          When you are playing a trial that is five above your last recorded trial, you have no idea where you have landed after successfully completing the trial.

Yes, I am making an assumption based upon how A New Beginning events are run but I have forced to make the assumption since the season leaderboard disappears the moment the event ends. What assumption am I making? As long as you start the trial before the event ends then the trial counts towards ranking even though you complete it after the event ends. This is how A New Beginning events are run and should be how the Season events are run. If trials started before the event ends but completed after the event ends do not count towards ranking? Well, then they should stop allowing trials to be run at least 10 minutes before the event ends. Travis would have to confirm whether or not trials completed after the event ends count towards your Season ranking as we have no way whatsoever to verify how trials completed after the event finishes are handled.

So, your stance is that every player should be forced to log into Eternium during the final moments of a Season event in order to verify their approximate worst-case Season ranking? That really seems to be an onerous requirement to place upon players that may have spent a couple of months working towards a goal. Again, what if I, you know, have a life and actually take a two-week vacation during the last two weeks of a Season event? Players are the consumer and invest our time, energy and/or money into the application so that the developers can earn a living and that we, in exchange, are to receive enjoyment and/or distraction.

Please provide any post, other than yours, that has been supportive of not having access to the leaderboards in general and, in this case, the Season specifically. My recollection is that players are lamenting the lack of leaderboards. Leaving the most recent Season leaderboard up while there is no other leaderboard to view seems rather reasonable. Having a leaderboard as a point of reference is especially valuable to new players that are still learning the game.

I agree with you that the reason why our ability to see the non-event leaderboards, which still exists as I can still see them, was likely the way the developers chose to deal with the continual complaints about alternate rules players. There are very few concerns that get expressed about the Season leaderboards and, even if there were, those concerns would be expressed during the Season.

I will go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of the filtering done after a Season event has completed has nothing to do with cheaters but rather removing a player's heroes other than their highest ranking. Yes, unless you are the #1 leaderboard position you will have no idea what your final ranking is after all the non-highest heroes are removed. Being able to view the leaderboard does allow you to see your worst-case ranking, however.

I really struggle to understand why you are against the suggestion of leaving the Season leaderboard up for at least a bit after a Season ends. Where is the downside? Your argument against leaving the Season leaderboard up seems to be strictly based upon the argument that everyone should know exactly where they stood at the moment the Season ends. So, do you wish the same treatment A New Beginning event also?

Travis, confirming whether or not a trial started before a Season ends but completed after a Season ends counts towards the Season's ranking would be appreciated. If it does not? Then I would not have run that last trial and received my Season Gold Bank with my ANB hero and been much happier during Bronze #5.

Comment

When you are playing a trial that is five above your last recorded trial, you have no idea where you have landed after successfully completing the trial.

Yes, I am making an assumption based upon how A New Beginning events are run but I have forced to make the assumption since the season leaderboard disappears the moment the event ends. What assumption am I making? As long as you start the trial before the event ends then the trial counts towards ranking even though you complete it after the event ends. This is how A New Beginning events are run and should be how the Season events are run. If trials started before the event ends but completed after the event ends do not count towards ranking? Well, then they should stop allowing trials to be run at least 10 minutes before the event ends. Travis would have to confirm whether or not trials completed after the event ends count towards your Season ranking as we have no way whatsoever to verify how trials completed after the event finishes are handled.

So, your stance is that every player should be forced to log into Eternium during the final moments of a Season event in order to verify their approximate worst-case Season ranking? That really seems to be an onerous requirement to place upon players that may have spent a couple of months working towards a goal. Again, what if I, you know, have a life and actually take a two-week vacation during the last two weeks of a Season event? Players are the consumer and invest our time, energy and/or money into the application so that the developers can earn a living and that we, in exchange, are to receive enjoyment and/or distraction.

Please provide any post, other than yours, that has been supportive of not having access to the leaderboards in general and, in this case, the Season specifically. My recollection is that players are lamenting the lack of leaderboards. Leaving the most recent Season leaderboard up while there is no other leaderboard to view seems rather reasonable. Having a leaderboard as a point of reference is especially valuable to new players that are still learning the game.

I agree with you that the reason why our ability to see the non-event leaderboards, which still exists as I can still see them, was likely the way the developers chose to deal with the continual complaints about alternate rules players. There are very few concerns that get expressed about the Season leaderboards and, even if there were, those concerns would be expressed during the Season.

I will go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of the filtering done after a Season event has completed has nothing to do with cheaters but rather removing a player's heroes other than their highest ranking. Yes, unless you are the #1 leaderboard position you will have no idea what your final ranking is after all the non-highest heroes are removed. Being able to view the leaderboard does allow you to see your worst-case ranking, however.

I really struggle to understand why you are against the suggestion of leaving the Season leaderboard up for at least a bit after a Season ends. Where is the downside? Your argument against leaving the Season leaderboard up seems to be strictly based upon the argument that everyone should know exactly where they stood at the moment the Season ends. So, do you wish the same treatment A New Beginning event also?

Travis, confirming whether or not a trial started before a Season ends but completed after a Season ends counts towards the Season's ranking would be appreciated. If it does not? Then I would not have run that last trial and received my Season Gold Bank with my ANB hero and been much happier during Bronze #5.
            Once again, so many words, so little said really So much so that I really stopped reading at your outlandish attempt to quote me.
            So, no, my standing is not whatever that was you said. My standing is this, from the OP,.. Check the LB upon your last completion of whatever trial, that will be your standing until otherwise announced/new season starts. Simple. That's why there's a timer. You're trying too hard to make it too hard.
            There's no reason to leave the LB up. It does no good but being able to google at each others gear and whine about those we think are cheating. No need to fabricate some scenario where the season ends in the middle of a trial and omg you don't know what trial you're on. That's nonsense lol Let's just play the "what if" game in that case..
            Last edited by Skyla; 06-09-2020, 01:57 AM.
            QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

• Skyla
              Skyla commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, if you follow the posts you'll see that the only one bashing everyone's comment is good ole Tinman. I just choose to argue back with him because I think he's a bully tbh But then again you probably know that seeing as you're probably one of his many accounts he uses to boost his posts and bother people.

• Skyla
              Skyla commented
              Editing a comment
              My initial post simply explained a reason why the LBs were gone. I never took a side. Then here comes the nonsense posts from Tin.

• Tin Man
              Tin Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Umm, my original response did not take a side nor bash anyone. I just clarified that the leaderboard being requested was not the leaderboard that we are no longer able to see, the non-event leaderboard.

Once again, so many words, so little said really So much so that I really stopped reading at your outlandish attempt to quote me.
            So, no, my standing is not whatever that was you said. My standing is this, from the OP,.. Check the LB upon your last completion of whatever trial, that will be your standing until otherwise announced/new season starts. Simple. That's why there's a timer. You're trying too hard to make it too hard.
            There's no reason to leave the LB up. It does no good but being able to google at each others gear and whine about those we think are cheating. No need to fabricate some scenario where the season ends in the middle of a trial and omg you don't know what trial you're on. That's nonsense lol Let's just play the "what if" game in that case..
            I knew exactly what trial I was on. What ranking that beating that trial got me is completely unknown. I did not fabricate a scenario of the Season ending in the middle of my final trial. It did. I am not alone in having that happen.

Where was an "outlandish attempt to quote" you?

Looking at the leaderboard is very important to new players.

Why would players complain about cheaters on the Season leaderboard that they did not complain about during the Season?

Is just asinine that you do not have a chance to review your final preliminary ranking after the Season has ended. After all, your rank is affected by others.

Short enough for you?

Comment

They can leave the ANB leaderboards up because once the ANB event timer ends, your hero is locked out and cannot enter any more trials or quests. Right now, the season leaderboard is tied to the main game platform instead of to a separate event. If the season leaderboard worked like an ANB, you could still see the season leaderboard, but you would not be able to do anything in the game until the next season started. That would be a very bad business decision because players still want to be able to earn gems, gold, etc. for the next event. No one would be happy sitting around for several days unable to play while the leaderboard was being purged of duplicates and exploiters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                They can leave the ANB leaderboards up because once the ANB event timer ends, your hero is locked out and cannot enter any more trials or quests. Right now, the season leaderboard is tied to the main game platform instead of to a separate event. If the season leaderboard worked like an ANB, you could still see the season leaderboard, but you would not be able to do anything in the game until the next season started. That would be a very bad business decision because players still want to be able to earn gems, gold, etc. for the next event. No one would be happy sitting around for several days unable to play while the leaderboard was being purged of duplicates and exploiters.
                As it is right now? When you play a trial, today, you post to the non-event leaderboard, that we are not able to see. The proposal from Oshisin was to lock the Season leaderboard but have it still be visible to the players. The proposal was not to leave the leaderboard active and thereby lock out players from being able to play.

There is more than one way to accomplish this. One, have an "End Event" button that allows you to be able to view the Season leaderboard until you end the event. You would not be able to play any levels until you end the event. Two, have a separate link to a Season leaderboard that allows you to view the leaderboard but still allows you to play current levels. This could be as simple as an additional option on the Main Menu of, say, Last Season Leaderboard. I am sure that there are others. Those are just some of the simple ones.

Letting us be able to see the previous Season's leaderboard would relieve some of the complaints of not having any leaderboard right now.

Comment

As it is right now? When you play a trial, today, you post to the non-event leaderboard, that we are not able to see.
                  Are you sure about that? It seems more likely that there are only two leaderboards, the ANB event leaderboard and the regular play leaderboard. The season leaderboard is the "non-event" leaderboard, which is why it is offline now.

What the original post is really asking the Devs to do is to run the season as a separate "event" with its own leaderboard. To accomplish this request they would either have to (a) build a separate event space that currently does not exist or (b) use the existing ANB event space to run the season, which would mean they could not run an ANB event and a Season event at the same time. Since the main development priority is migrating the game to a different platform, option a does not seem very likely right now. And, since most players want to be able to participate in both Season and ANB events, option b would create a lot more complaints than just having the leaderboard offline for a few days.

Seems like the best option for now is to study the leaderboard before the Season ends. I understand people wanting to know if they achieved a certain award category or not, but even an intact leaderboard would not allow you to know where you officially finished; only what your position was when the event ended but before the leaderboard was cleaned up.

The best we can hope for is that a thorough review of the Season leaderboard is relatively quick. Players who are looking for information on how to improve their hero's build can get more specific feedback through the forum than they would just by searching through the leaderboards.

Comment

Are you sure about that? It seems more likely that there are only two leaderboards, the ANB event leaderboard and the regular play leaderboard. The season leaderboard is the "non-event" leaderboard, which is why it is offline now.
                    Very sure. I am still able to see the non-event leaderboard. I have not reverified since after Season 2 ended but if I run two new heroes through TL 1 with approximately the same time? I will see both of them appear on the non-event leaderboard. The season leaderboard has always been separate from the non-event leaderboard. Used to be that the non-event leaderboard went active immediately after a season ended.

There, historically, have been three different types of leaderboards. The types are A New Beginning boards, season boards and non-event boards. Unless they recently changed the leaderboard setup, meaning with v1.4.54, the three types still hold true.

Comment

• Skyla
                      Skyla commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So you're still on/have access to a previous version that allows you to see the old leaderboards setup?
                      The current version did away with that (for me at least).. Whenever I try to access any leaderboards on any class, they say will return when season starts.
                      Granted, I can't access it through mobile I don't think, but I didn't, and I'm sure others don't think about accessing a previous version of the game if possible, that's pretty smart.
                      I just want the LB s back so I can check gear. Trying to setup my mage from long time not playing and I usually checked the LB to see what setup is being used.
                      That and Global LB used to be a sort of goal on off event hours. Gave us something to compete with.

• Tin Man
                      Tin Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Skyla About 16 hours ago, while working to post a trial result with a new hero to answer Ozy's question, a notification of a newer profile on the server popped up during the middle of a level. A forced app update was finally made after months. I can no longer run that version online.

• Skyla
                      Skyla commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh noes! Super sad face
                      Still was a smart idea while it lasted lol

Just a reminder, let's keep it civil and respectful, please.

Comment

Well, that is no longer an option. While doing a recheck to verify that trials beaten now still post to the leaderboard that our ability to see was removed? A forced software update came through in the middle of a story level prior to running the trial. That version of the software can no longer run online so it can no longer see the non-event leaderboard.

Comment

Working...
                      X