Charm of QOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charm of QOL

A great concept except for the fact that many mobile players have to use their secondary attack as a primary to keep from launching into mobs and bosses. It would’ve been awesome if it was something like, “enables primary AND secondary attacks to fire simultaneously up to X times per minute.” As it is now, it really doesn’t do me much good since I already use my secondary attack 99% of the time.

I have done a quick test in the Training Grounds, it appears that any attack, including the secondary attack, have a chance to trigger a (second) secondary attack. Nonetheless, I would prefer this mechanism to be either replaced by your idea, or maybe just one where using the secondary attack could trigger the primary.
    Last edited by LodWig; 06-27-2020, 08:21 AM.
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Comment

If you use secondary attack 99% then you only use primary attack 1%. I don't get it.

Comment

I tried on warr, was not good at all. I did more dps by pressing my secondary when i normally would anyway. not for me
        `';..;'` from Starcraft
        GITA NEGI YAWA 3594

Comment

I’m sure there will be pro’s n cons for this trinket.
          many may not like it, but if it does what it says it will then it will be very welcome in my lineup.
          RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

• Rogtime
            Rogtime commented
            Editing a comment
            Not just Warrior, my elr mage gets the arc lightning buff while my primary frost bolt is going. As Nhat says, I’m lazy and have a hard time remembering to use two fingers sometimes.

• Anjaeka
            Anjaeka commented
            Editing a comment
            Again, this would still be much more useful for everyone if the bonus attacks applied to both primary and secondary. It wouldn’t matter which one you were more dependent on if both attacks triggered X times per minute. THAT would be awesome for playing mobile. And it would still come out the same in terms of damage.

• Sithodius
            Sithodius commented
            Editing a comment
            My ELR works great, especially compounded with a bracelet with nature damage. Frost-primary, arc-secondary. Noticed if reversed, not good.

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
          I’m sure there will be pro’s n cons for this trinket.
          many may not like it, but if it does what it says it will then it will be very welcome in my lineup.
          Are you playing on PC? That might make a big difference.

Comment

• Coldet
            Coldet commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope I play iPhone 8 with big fat fingers

• Anjaeka
            Anjaeka commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, I’m on iPhone 6. I envy your big screen!

I think QOL works better for some classes and gear sets than others. I play mostly Warriors for now, and all on iOS mobile. It didn’t do much for my Defender Warrior, but I really like QOL a lot for my Warlord. It allows me to keep Rending Slash as my primary attack to maximize bleeds, and it fires Frenzy just enough that it maintains my attack and movement speed buffs without having to think about two fingers at all, and just focus on fast drawing and timing. I’ve also gotten used to the new Warlord WW proc and it is really nice. I now really prefer it to the vortex of the healers. Playing mobile I’m always triggering vortex accidentally and then having to wait for a cool down, but the WW proc is always available, and can be buffed with Nature Damage. My Defender Warrior has always been able to do faster times at higher levels than my Warlord, but now my preliminary tests have Warlord performing very close to Defender. And I find Warlord just a lot more fun than Defender. Still running mostly XP sets for now. And wow is it nice to be able to run 3,600+ % XP with 200% boost with the new gear additions. Maybe I will make it to CL2200... ; ) Same goes for gold runs...3.5m gold in 30 mins with just the 50% boost (low on gems), and my EG gear has lots of room to go higher. I think the top players will be farming 10-12m gold in 30 mins now with 200% boosters.
          iOS Mobile player: iPad Pro, and iPhone XS Max

Comment

I crated a Charm of Qol to use with a Demolitionist BH. In testing on Training Grounds, it clearly activates my BH second attack, Lethal Shot, without my having to take any action myself. In training runs and trials without the charm, I get 0% damage for Lethal Shot, but in training runs and trials with the charm installed, I get around 11% damage from Lethal Shot. As far as I can tell, that is all "extra" damage (i.e., it is throwing in secondary attacks without diminishing the primary attack).

In my case, the effect is more noticeable because my BH is also using Bracer of Mastery that increases Lethal Shot by 90% (which is my secondary attack). I am guessing that there are other bracers that can be combined with Charm of Qol for the other hero classes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
              A great concept except for the fact that many mobile players have to use their secondary attack as a primary to keep from launching into mobs and bosses. It would’ve been awesome if it was something like, “enables primary AND secondary attacks to fire simultaneously up to X times per minute.” As it is now, it really doesn’t do me much good since I already use my secondary attack 99% of the time.
              I use the secondary attack as primary for the same reasons.

I thought about how to improve the functionality of the primary button:
              1. Simple touch: primary attack
              2. Continuous touch or double touch: move to that position or take items

This way we can use primary button as a "secure" attack button, and we can use both attacks in every moment without fear of unwanted moving.

Besides that, your idea to change the text of the effect is a great one too.

Comment

I play on a broken screen pos that nobody would recognize the name of, and I absolutely can't stand trying to use secondary attack, it's actually opposite of what you're experiencing, every, single, time I tried to use my secondary, I would go sprinting into the middle of the mob... And it almost always took at least 3 taps (frustrated, angry taps) to even activate the secondary with that two finger nonsense lol so I absolutely love the quality of life trinket. It definitely improved MY qol.
                QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
                Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Skyla I’m glad it’s working for you. Sounds like it’s doing exactly what you need. If you find yourself needing that slot for a different trinket, there’s a belt that does the same thing as QOL.

Comment

• Skyla
                    Skyla commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, versatile, I tried it, didn't like it as much as trinket.

• chessmaster58
                    chessmaster58 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you use both do they stack?

I'm having trouble finding the recipe for this trinket. Is is just RNG at Liana? Should I start buying up her not needed recipes to get the QOL trinket recipe to spawn?

Comment

• LodWig
                    LodWig commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You shall buy every recipes Liana offers for 50K gold, every 3 hours. That way you will have all those you need/want.
                Working...
                X