Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for UI and Settings improvement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for UI and Settings improvement.

After playing for almost one season, IMO, the biggest problem in playing this game is the control of the hero played. This is the biggest hindrance for mobile players.

For the Mage and Bounty Hunters. The most repeating occurrence is the suicidal move, when you click to attack but instead your hero dives into the crowd to die. There is also difficulty of movement when your hero is in the frame of the boss. You already touch the screen to move your hero but it just stays there waiting to be butchered (have lots of this moment fighting Kara)
    For warriors the hindrance is spamming skills while you have to draw signs all the time. It's impossible to draw 2-3 signs quickly sometimes, when you are using itz/shockwave combo. I started to think that i am gonna need a new finger by the time i reach Trial 150 using warrior.

So my suggestions is:

1. Modify the playing UI to something like the attached picture.
    Movement pad will help immensely for the mobile players (will remove the problems hero cant move behind boss' character frame). While spamming skills using button will be faster than drawing signs. You can push the button which basic attacks you want to perform also, and it will stick to that until the player push another button. The devs can make the playing UI optionals for the old players that like the drawing sign UI.

2. Please add in setting option to:
    a. Attack the closest enemy first
    b. Attack the lowest HP enemy first.
    c. (If possible) lock the enemy class setting. For example if you lock healers, your hero will prioritize to hit the healers.

a will prevent the suicidal moves from mage and bounty hunters.
    b and c will be useful for warriors.

I believe this changes will help immensely for the Mobile players to close the gap to the PC players.

Thank you, this is just a suggestion for the devs team. Whether the devs take this to consideration or not it is up to them.
    Attached Files

The devs are firmly against a virtual joystick.

Comment

• Sleepy Dragon
      Sleepy Dragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would they be firmly against something that will improve gameplay? I thought they were, errrr.. very concern about smoother gameplay.

Oh well, i am bored playing warrior, cant play BH and Mage on mobile (its too frustrating, i play game for fun, not for more misery). Guess it's time to move on after season ends.

For what it's worth i think this game is cool, but the lack of content and control issues are too much for me.

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
    The devs are firmly against a virtual joystick.
    Hah, I thought I was the only one that thought VJs are the devil.

I do feel the OP's "suicide rush" pain, quite often in fact. Perhaps a solution making one-finger-tap=move, two-finger-tap=attack1, three-finger-tap=attack2 might be worth thinking about.
    2x Mage Huffjenkem
    BH Ichifuku
    Warrior Fhqwhgads
    Warrior Yassqueen

Comment

• Sleepy Dragon
      Sleepy Dragon commented
      Editing a comment
      They can make the joystick optional, so players that dont like it can still use the old UI.

• echomirage
      echomirage commented
      Editing a comment
      One thing that’s worse than VJs is developing, testing, implementing, refining, and updating multiple UIs for multiple platforms, forever. From a dev perspective.

The drawing shapes is sort of unique-ish to this game. I do feel minimized version of both the left hand and right hand side info would be good. On mobile the overlap of the map, the green “save” light and booster icons makes the whole right hand column useless. The left hand column is so large it eats really valuable real estate on a mobile.

Comment

• Sleepy Dragon
      Sleepy Dragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Unique doesnt always mean good. Just unique..

Pc user imba more than mobile user. Now i feel it coz i am mobile user.
    especially in high TL, pc user can cast skill and move fast than mobile user. Sad but true
    " There's no going back "
    -------------------------------
    VEHU ZOQI NIFI 7032

Comment

• Sleepy Dragon
      Sleepy Dragon commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel ya bro.. this is a mobile game after all..

• Timelock
      Timelock commented
      Editing a comment
      I am frustated and not fun anymore. Same with you , i dont like about the control issue. Maybe i gonna stop play this game soon if no update about it.

If there's suspect cheater on season LB how they get ban? Wait your system detected or wait till season end then dev check it?

I just checked on LB , low CL low equipment low stats than me can manage to pass 2 more TL than me? Pull large mobs and kill em fast?
    bullshit.. Do you ever think elite healer on it can heal full hp the mobs?​
    ​​
    ​​​​
    Last edited by Timelock; 09-25-2020, 10:20 AM.
    " There's no going back "
    -------------------------------
    VEHU ZOQI NIFI 7032

Comment

• Sleepy Dragon
      Sleepy Dragon commented
      Editing a comment
      You can report them on another sub forum

• Nhat
      Nhat commented
      Editing a comment
      Email through to help@makingfun.com with the details... and they'll look into it...
Working...
X