Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No new events until the new feature is implemented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new events until the new feature is implemented?

This is a question for the developers. I read Travis' post stating that season 5 is going to be delayed until the unannounced new feature is ready to go. My question is will the ANBs also be delayed as we wait for a new feature? I am hoping that if season 5 is delayed, that ANBs will keep us going in the meantime...

I ask this because without a season to compete in, no ANB events, AND no way to freely farm gems while waiting, it's very hard to motivate myself to play without knowing when things are going to kick back into high gear again...

I understand you guys have a lot on your plate. I'm just trying to obtain some sense of what is going to be happening while we wait for this new feature.

I don't think we've ever had an ANB outside of a season. That's not saying we couldn't, of course.

But I agree; it feels like we're in the doldrums without anything on the horizon and I'm a bit worried players will drift away to something more exciting.
    WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

• Jraggun
      Jraggun commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree 100%. My primary concern is that we are going to lose quite a bit of players while the developers work on new features and/or a new way to farm gems. I am not planning on going anywhere, but its not like everyone has unlimited patience either. I am just hoping the developers will give us a light at the end of this tunnel before people leave the game altogether...

• jdh0721
      jdh0721 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually ANBs predate seasons. There were at least 2 or 3 ANB cycles before the first season began. So, it's certainly not unreasonable to expect ANBs outside of a season, as Travis has confirmed.

I already answered this question. https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...558#post182586

Comment

• Jraggun
      Jraggun commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I didn't see that post. Thanks Travis!

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
    I don't think we've ever had an ANB outside of a season. That's not saying we couldn't, of course.

But I agree; it feels like we're in the doldrums without anything on the horizon and I'm a bit worried players will drift away to something more exciting.
    You gotta love posts like these.
    "I'm a bit worried players will drift away to something more exciting." - I wish I could find that something more exciting, DAMN I would even settle on something even similar on an iPhone!
    RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

• Stusmith50
      Stusmith50 commented
      Editing a comment
      There'll be shift to Diablo, and then probably a shift back to Eternium when everyone realises it's still full of bugs and even more P2W!

Originally posted by Coldet View Post

You gotta love posts like these.
    "I'm a bit worried players will drift away to something more exciting." - I wish I could find that something more exciting, DAMN I would even settle on something even similar on an iPhone!
    Thanks for loving my post.

And sorry to hear you find nothing else exciting or similar on mobile (I assume you mean mobile, since there are exponentially many more exciting games on PC). Here's some mobile titles I'm spending more than the 10 mins/day it takes me to do dailies and knock out a few CLs in Eternium: KotoR, Baldur's Gate (replaying while waiting for BG3!), NwN, Fortnight. And that doesn't even count the various titles in my xBox library that will soon be available on mobile with xBox Cloud.

Gamers are a fickle group. Fickle and addled with ADHD. Bore them with stale content and they'll drift off because, make no mistake, there are lots of other exciting games on mobile.
    WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

Working...
    X