Choices of buttons in the PC version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choices of buttons in the PC version

I think it would be better if all the buttons could be chosen by the player in the PC version because of the following things:
    This is apparently standard in PC games and it should be;
    The keyboard of my Laptop strangely makes it difficult to use the F1 and F2 buttons (buttons for recovery items today) because of the factory shape;
    This would make the game much more complete in the PC game aspect and enjoyable to see since the skill, companions, recovery items and portal buttons are shown on the screen with those beautiful button images, but just choosing the buttons would be good, the game doesn't even need to show them on the screen.

Changing the "F1, F2, T" buttons to "A, S, D" would solve my problem, but letting the buttons be chosen by the player would solve the problem of everyone who doesn't like the fixed buttons for some reason in the current version.

I would like to have more options, too. If I had a choice, I'd move 1, 2 & 3 down to Z, X, & C for more comfort. Closer to the wrist rest and my left hand might not get so numb.

Comment

You can remap keys, reprogramming keys to run scripts or macros is a violation and will get you banned.

Comment

Originally posted by papa jim View Post
        You can remap keys, reprogramming keys to run scripts or macros is a violation and will get you banned.
        Yeah, i thought about making a script like in my completely offline games but in the case of this game Eternium it would be forbidden so i thought about those button remap programs but even these i don't want to use because they might be forbidden too.
        As I am more used to scripts I think it is better not to use either a script or a mapping program in this game, after all, pc games shouldn't need to remap buttons, they need to have the buttons chosen.
        Eternium is a wonderful game where depending on the configuration the character attacks enemies very automatically and using the technique of picking up all the items on the map automatically at the end of the map makes Eternium a game that doesn't even need key-bot scripts like the ones I use in other "Diablo-Like" games that i play completely offline since in this case there is nothing that prohibits scripts.
        Eternium is not a completely offline game in which any form of bot is normally prohibited.
        Last edited by Nirak; 01-10-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Travis has posted about this and said remapping is ok.

Comment

Working...
        X