Experience Should Scale with Difficulty on later Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience Should Scale with Difficulty on later Trials

Experience per second is far higher on map 100 than on map 115+. Based on my averages, if there is any extra experience gained by incrementing past TL 100, it is negligible. Sure the drops slightly increase to favor Legendary items, but if you have on an XP booster, then it is insane to bother with anything higher.

Xp is capped at tl100 most players top out at tl105 because it is always a snow run.

Comment

The amount of experience given by a kill is increased by 5% for each trial level above 8, with a cap at a factor 100. So a kill on trial level 8 gives the same experience than the same kill on level 7, a kill on level 9 gives 5% more, a kill on level gives again 5% more so 10.25% more than the same kill on level 7, etc. But that multiplicative increase is capped at 100, in the sense that the experience given for a kill is at most 100 times what is given by the same kill on level 7.

The factor on trial level 102 is 1.05 ( 102 - 8 ) that is about 98.128, increasing this factor by 5% for level 103 would yield about 103.035, but the limit to 100 is applied, therefore the maximum is reached on trial level 103, where a kill gives exactly 100 times more experience than the same kill on trial level 7. And the same goes for all level above 103.
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

xp is capped between 102 and 103(lodwig has performed the analysis) most will run 105 because it is always a snow map with kara

Comment

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          ah ah I was writing my post while you were posting yours...

• papa jim
          papa jim commented
          Editing a comment
          the only reason we know this is your postings. Thanks

Thanks everyone, that confirms my suspicion. Any reason why it is capped?

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the trial XP cap dates back to the old days before trinkets, belts, and bracers. It may even date back to when the top gear was Level 70 Legendary (i.e., no Celestial gear was possible back then). Back in those days, it was much more difficult to reach higher level trials, so that would have been a high level cap. Once they added trinkets, belts, and bracers and buffed some gear sets it has become much more routine to farm XP in ANB events at the higher trial levels. As jay clarke points out, most players prefer TL105 because the snow map is easier to play since the visibility is better, especially on mobile; nothing is as frustrating as trying to run dungeon maps in a well lit room on an iPhone or tablet.
      Working...
      X