Make Arena crashes less annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Arena crashes less annoying

I'm playing Eternium on an iPad. Unfortunately the game crashes quite often. This is most annoying in the Arena. The game tends to crash right after having started the fight, even before the three-second countdown appears. The annoying fact is that every time this happens the fight is considered to be lost. Once this happened to me twice in 30 minutes, which really made me mad.

Therefore I'd like to suggest an easy and fair method of handling the Arena crash situation. If the connection to the server is lost before before the three second countdown is done, please do not consider the fight lost. If the connection is lost in such an early phase of the fight, where it is guaranteed, that I did not even had a first contact with my opponent, you can safely assume that I did not end the game for tactical reasons. So why should I be punished.

Naturally, the even better way to handle this problem would be to fix the crashes in the first place. But I do not expect to happen that any time soon, if at all. So, I could live with the above solution.

What do you think?

Two things:
    1. The best solution would be to fix the memory leak causing the crashes.
    2. There aren't any rewards associated with your rank in the Arena. So, aside from bragging rights, wins and losses are arbitrary for now.
    The plan is to fix the crashes make some balance changes before a ranking rewards structure is added.

Comment

Are you sure, these crashes are caused by memory leaks? Typically, if software suffers from memory leaks, then memory is eaten up over time and the app crashes after it has been running for a while. The Arena crashes that I am experiencing seem to be happening quite randomly regarding the time the app is already running, sometimes only a few minutes after having started the app. But they always happen in the process of starting a fight. I think they must be caused by something else.

Comment

Working...
      X